Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 10:20 AM Last edited by bobgrey1997 : 16th Jun 2018 at 10:46 AM.
Default Full List of Late Night Building Shells Sizes [WITH IMAGES!]
(Note to Moderators and/or Administrators: I am not sure if this should go under "general discussion" or if it belongs in a specific "guides", content, or CAW section. Please move it if there is a more fitting area I have not found)

To start, this is directly inspired, and based on, tokenbondboy's Late Night - Highrise shell sizes - the definitive list, however, this one includes images of them. Why did I decide to make a "copy" with images? I searched "sims 3 late night shell sizes" into Google, with hopes of being able to use a resulting page for reference when making lots in CAW, but none of the information meant anything to me unless i knew what the buildings looked like, allowing me to decide where I want what building in my world, so I could make the lots appropriately sized from the start.

That said, this is posted as a guide when making worlds so that you can reference this page, find the building you want to be in that spot, and know what sized lot would work for it.

The Prosper Room:
Penthouse Floors: 2
-Size: (total): 22 x 22; (indoor area): 17 x 18
Minimum Lot Size: 33 x 36
Shell Color: Light Brown-Beige
Tall Sloped-Roof tower. Penthouse had outdoor balcony
Exterior: Has a large yellow billboard on the top of the left wall, toward the front. Has a small red sign toward the bottom on the back wall. Has three more small sign on the back right corner, toward the bottom of the tower.

Eugi's:
Penthouse Floors: 3
-Size: (total): 20 x 20; (indoor area): 18 x 18
Minimum Lot Size: 22 x 21
Shell Color: Light Brown
Tall, thin tower with a triple-level, flat-topped roof.
Exterior: Has a green billboard on the left side, and a curved orange sign above the door and on the top of the front.
Exterior (Identical Tower): White-color tower with floor-to-ceiling windows, giving a more modern feel.

The Simerset:
Penthouse Floors: 1
-Size: (total): 30 x 18
Minimum Lot Size: 34 x 22
Shell Color: White-Beige
Short, wide tower
Exterior: Rather monotone, with the exception of some red canopy roofs over the ground floor windows.

Aquarius:
Penthouse Floors: 4
-Size: 30 x 18
--The first is inside. The other 3 are above, allowing the player to build the upper floors--and roof--as they see fit.
Shell Color: Gray
Exterior: Overall dark tone with a black-color canopy over the front door and "driveway" with black and white canvas roofs over the ground floor windows.

The Tidewater:
Penthouse Floors: 3
-Size: (total): 20 x 20; (interior): 18 x 18
--The top floor is partially covered by the shell.
Minimum Lot Size: 20 x 20
Shell Color: Yellow-Beige
Exterior: Has a greenish-color flat roof and decorative front door mantle/frame

Veranda Villas:
-Size: (total): 12 x 18; (interior): 12 x 10 (12 x 8 2nd floor)
Minimum Lot Size: 29 x 30
Shell Color: Red-Brown (brick)
Exterior: Rather odd shaped tall tower with a large base for the first two floors, which have a wrap-around deck on the second. Multiple floors have small concrete "balconies". Has a rather industrial-style look.

Bridgeport Armory:
-Size: (total): 18 x 18
--Only shell to have it's "penthouse" not on the top floor(s)
Minimum Lot Size: 28 x 30
Shell Color: Brown
Exterior: Dark brown concrete. Has a large blue billboard with red lettering on the back side.

Bridgeport Sports Zone:
-Size: (total): 30 x 18
Shell Color: Gray
Exterior: Similar to the Aquarius, having canvas roofs over the ground-floor windows with the canopy over the front door. These are of a brown color. Has numerous small signs on the right side.

Plasma 501:
-Size: (total): 22 x 22; (interior): 14 x 16
Minimum Lot Size: 33 x 36
Shell Color: White
Exterior: White color tall building with blue canvas roofs over the ground-floor windows. Has two small yellow signs on the front-right corner at ground floor, a small red and white sign on the front-left corner, also at ground floor, and a larger blue and red billboard/sign on the front-right corner at the top of the tower.

The Brightmore:
-Size: (total): 32 x 20
Shell Color: White
Exterior: Has a billboard on the roof facing off of the back-left corner, orange canvas roofs over the ground floor windows, and a yellowish billboard of a Sim above the front door.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 10:49 AM
Updated post with "Minimum Lot Sizes" listed for each shell, making it easier to decide lot sizes based on total building size.
Also updated "Eugi's" with an image of a tower of exact size and shape, but different style. I forgot to get a shot of this tower while in Bridgeport, so I pulled it out of the "buydebug" catalog while counting minimum sizes in CAW
Mad Poster
#3 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 3:34 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 16th Jun 2018 at 3:54 PM.
You should use this useful info onto adding to the sims wiki. Would be much easier to find for anyone, don't you think? Like here: https://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Shell

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 11:11 PM
I didn't know I could. I would think that would be something that has to be approved by... someone.
Also, I can't seem to figure out how to add this information to it. I did find the "Edit" button, but I would imagine that this would need it's own section with a chart, which I can't figure out how to do.

Thank you for the advice, though, and for thinking this information is actually good/helpful enough to go onto the wiki itself!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 12:36 AM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 18th Jun 2018 at 12:55 AM.
As long as it's relevant content to wiki (which obviously is) and the information is accurate, I don't see a reason why this would need "approved" since the wiki is everyone and everybody in the community to use it. There is a reason that edit button is not locked. Regarding the lack of skills to format it into templates, I'm sure that anyone that knows how would format it appropriate, so no need to worry in that.ld try create it for you.

Or actually, I could do it for you If you wish so.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 9:47 AM
If you don't mind, that would be perfect!

I simply just put this together because... well, I was bored and I could!
If you can put it on the Wiki, and know how, I would like to see this information be out there for all to be able to use.
Thank you!

Also, if you notice any extra information that would possibly prove useful that I managed to leave out, please let me know and I will see if I can figure it out!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 9:56 AM
Well, yes, there is something: there are different versions of the same shell in buydebug, but some of them are broken and lack the entrance door and some of them look different in map view when compared to live mode. Tagging these as such would be helpful, too, and possibly find out whether and where there is a way to fix these issues.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 3:47 PM
I haven't noticed any issues with "alternative shells". When I was in CAW measuring the minimum sizes, I only seen one of each shell.
I did notices a couple shells had a different color, but those same alternatives also appeared in Bridgeport, if I remember correctly. It is also hard for me to determine some of the "alternatives" due to a mod that I have that adds the same shells again (so there are two of each) but with full Create-A-Style functionality.

As for technical issues such as missing doors, I wouldn't be able to do anything with that. I still don't actually know what the shells are, aside from a thing that a building can go inside of...
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#9 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 5:15 PM Last edited by Don Babilon : 18th Jun 2018 at 5:35 PM.
What I mean is this:

This is another version of the tower that you described as the second exterior of Eugi's. It's black instead of greenish when it comes to window colour.
The problem with this though is that in Map View it looks exactly like the green tower. It is not used in Bridgeport, by the way.

This is also a different version of the Eugi's/glass tower, where the exterior commercial signs are different. Plus it is one of the broken ones where the entrance door is missing and shows as a white box. This one is not used in Bridgeport either.

I've never so far gone through all the shells that are offered in buydebug but noticed that there is actually only a limited set of types but variants in colour and exterior deco and that not all of them are used in Bridgeport and that some but not all of them are actually unusable due to the broken door issue.

So, what I was thinking is that in case you are still terribly bored you could say that the glass tower comes in 4 or 5 flavours, include pictures and also warn us if some of these have issues and whether there are any fixes around.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#10 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 5:21 PM
Though I think it would have been better to screenshot these buildings during nighttime (since you can really see the true form when they lit up and the lights shine from the inside), but oh well - what's done is done.

Mad Poster
#11 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 5:46 PM
Anyone here use the recolorable shells mod? It's a bitch to have wait for everything to load in, but you can make these buildings look so much better. That green-windowed tower for example is just plain embarrassing. I think it's a light, reflective blue in my game. And another in the same style has tinted, reddish brown windows with heavy-looking, creamy beigeish walls.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Anyone here use the recolorable shells mod?

I do. I haven't used it in some time, though, due to the amount of tedious work placing them down and trying to color them. They seem to want to disappear on me when coloring, similarly to how they do when you are looking at the lobby floor. The only fix for me is to actually build a strructure in each usable floor, then go up to the roof...
I don't really like to do this when I only want to color the tower for now.

As for adding the other information, the next time I am in Bridgeport and have CAW open (yes, when I made this thread, I was in both at the same time), I will try to get the rest of the information and edit it into the original post.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 6:42 PM
Bumping this to let you guys know you can find this list on the wiki now without having to dig out this thread: https://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Shell#Shells

Mad Poster
#14 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 6:58 PM
Hm, might have to redo the pictures in that case. I've noticed a lot of informative screenshots on the Wiki were taken with less than optimal graphics settings, and it's something that's always irked me beyond reason.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#15 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 7:04 PM
You're free to edit those in. Just leave a message in the summary box why you're editing them.

Mad Poster
#16 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 7:05 PM
Done it before yeah, I know.

insert signature here