Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#15501 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 1:46 AM
In the vanilla game, Sims take a copy of every item of age/gender appropriate clothing that was available to them in the previous household. If yours aren't doing that, maybe you have a mod that's preventing it?
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15502 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
You're right, monorail and railroad tracks won't place over an existing lot, but there is a way of tricking the game into placing it anyways (same trick I used for the big trees on my Union Grove Visitor Center lot)... what I'm running into trouble with is that in this case, the exact placement of the neighborhood decoration matters more than it did in previous cases, and I want to find a solution that won't required downloaders to have any mods to use!

Ah neat technique (I will remember that one).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
#15503 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 3:29 AM
So I tried to research this, but I'm pretty certain that I'm using the wrong keywords to search.

I want to play my Medieval neighborhood. Before installing Sims UC, I had my modern and medieval hoods in their own separate Sims 2 folders. I currently have my Modern hood taking up the Sims UC. My problem is that I have way (and I mean WAYYYYY...) too much CC for both to coexist.

Can I make two separate Sims UC folders? Or do I have to shove my Medieval hood in with my modern hoods?

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15504 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 3:32 AM
I'm pretty sure the UC behaves pretty much like the disk-version of the game in that regard.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Forum Resident
#15505 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 3:48 AM
That definitely sounds like a yes, so I'll give it a shot. I just figure my computer will blow up if I have both hoods active at the same time.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
#15506 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
For example Don was escaping the Goth household, so I had him move out. Now when I play Don's household, he pretty much only has the clothes on his back.

That sounds like it's working exactly as it should, tbh. But I had wondered if you meant splitting a household, because I'd never noticed disappearing clothes when I had a whole family move out and then back in. I imagine with splitting a household, sims leave everything but what they're wearing behind because there's no way for the game to track who "owns" anything else.
Alchemist
#15507 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 4:09 AM
Well, I think both happens. When Don, sole member of his household, married and moved into the Goth household, I don't think he took all his clothes with him, but then again, it was a long time ago, so I can't be 100% sure. But that could also be because of the way he moved in, via marrying & the arch, and not by merging the households together in the hood screen. That might have yielded different results.

But definitely after Don moved out and now, after Cassandra married and moved into the Dreamer household (again, through the marriage dialogue), neither sim took their wardrobe with them, only the clothes they were wearing. And it's annoying because I usually try and pick outfits to match sims' styles and give them a few options, but with my cc folder being huge, it can be a pita to 1. open up the buy clothes screens and search for something suitable 2. pay for the same clothes all over again 3. try and remember what they bought & had in the first place and 4. resist the urge to fill up their closets with the newest/shiniest bits of my cc so that my sims don't all end up wearing the same things.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Alchemist
#15508 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 5:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Clone the sim you're making ancestors for. In bodyshop, clone her again, and alter all the traits except the ones you want her to have inherited from this ancestor. When satisfied, clone her again and make a different ancestor from whom she inherited different traits.
Good idea. Thanks.

Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85
So I tried to research this, but I'm pretty certain that I'm using the wrong keywords to search.

I want to play my Medieval neighborhood. Before installing Sims UC, I had my modern and medieval hoods in their own separate Sims 2 folders. I currently have my Modern hood taking up the Sims UC. My problem is that I have way (and I mean WAYYYYY...) too much CC for both to coexist.

Can I make two separate Sims UC folders? Or do I have to shove my Medieval hood in with my modern hoods?
Yes, you can have two folders. I have UC and have one Sims 2 folder for modding and one for playing.
Mad Poster
#15509 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 7:56 AM
it can be a pita to 1. open up the buy clothes screens and search for something suitable 2. pay for the same clothes all over again 3. try and remember what they bought & had in the first place and 4. resist the urge to fill up their closets with the newest/shiniest bits of my cc so that my sims don't all end up wearing the same things.

I wonder if it would be at all possible to make it so that sims will take their entire wardrobe if they move with an actual dresser/armoire in their inventory. It would make sense logically, anyway.
Mad Poster
#15510 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 8:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
You're right, monorail and railroad tracks won't place over an existing lot, but there is a way of tricking the game into placing it anyways (same trick I used for the big trees on my Union Grove Visitor Center lot)... what I'm running into trouble with is that in this case, the exact placement of the neighborhood decoration matters more than it did in previous cases, and I want to find a solution that won't required downloaders to have any mods to use!

Doesn't Sophie-David have a mod that make neighbourhood decorations placeable on lots? One mod is not equal to a butt ton of CC to download and from what I read about what people had to do to make those trees show up that you linked it's a lot easier for downloaders.
Mad Poster
#15511 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 8:42 AM
It was SaraMK who did that mod-"allowedinlots" hack that allows neighborhood deco in lots-but for some reason it doesn't place them very close to lots-or else I've got the wrong set up.
I've got the monorail and SophieDavid's old fashioned train placed in my Tinseltown neighborhood with good effect, but I can't place them too close to any lot.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#15512 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 11:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
And obviously they don't get access to vacation secret lots, but I don't think those are available in custom destinations anyway.

Certainly they are available. I don't personally know how it's done, but this is a custom mountain vacation destination that has it's own fully furnished Bigfoot Burrow. (He lives in an actual house here! )

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=426792
Alchemist
#15513 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 11:52 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 1st Oct 2018 at 12:07 PM.
Holy crap, I think Dina did make her daughter sick! Do sims get "cured" when they die?

See, before Dina died I had her take a bunch of viruses that Mortimer made on the biotech station, as she was Mortimer's test subject. But, though she got sick, her disease really didn't seem to be getting worse at all and I got tired of waiting for her to die so I got out the death creator and killed her, to move the story along.

Just now though, I had Mortimer bring her back as a zombie--she finally got around to scaring him, though not without scaring their other daughter, too. (Dina and Mortimer had triplets, all girls) and in less than an hour, game time, she's died again. No clue what did it, as, while she was a little hungry, she was no where near starvation territory yet. My only clue is that before dying she did the choking animation. So maybe she was still sick and, as a ghost, somehow still contagious?? Idk, anyone else ever have anything similar happen?

I'm really curious about this. Do you have Real Sickness? Can you tell us what mods you have that might have affected this - for the viruses, the death creator, how you brought her back? I have both a haunting and a zombie apocalypse in the works and this would be great if I could do it on purpose.

Alas, there is no way to hack the vacation so you can play part of the household back home while the other part is on vacation. This is the only reason why none of my adult sims have ever gone off, leaving the teens in charge, and returned in the middle of a big out-of-control party.

The easiest way around this limitation is to move the honeymooners out, send them on vacation, and move them back in when they return to their temporary lot.

What I'd do is make some sort of "waystation" that fits my story - there's always a story. I'd make a residential lot that looks like a little motel, airbnb, hostel, bus station, taxi stand, commuter airport... someplace that my vacationers would go before they can "fly out" to their real vacation. Move them there, have them wait around having coffee, buying extra luggage, meeting someone interesting, whatever, then have them go on vacation from there. They'll return there, so a teleporter would be nice to send them "home," or maybe have someone live there, like the airbnb host, so they could just "get their own place" and leave in a taxi.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15514 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 12:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Certainly they are available. I don't personally know how it's done, but this is a custom mountain vacation destination that has it's own fully furnished Bigfoot Burrow. (He lives in an actual house here! )

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=426792

Instructions in this thread:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,9750.0.html
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15515 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 2:44 PM
It's relatively easy to build a custom hidden lot but you can only place it in a BV sub-neighbourhood without a version of the lot already present. Which is why you'd need to make the lot visible so you could delete it. There's a thread around here somewhere where we discussed it. It was me and Esme I think and maybe Jawusa.

Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Certainly they are available. I don't personally know how it's done[/url]

I posted instructions on installation in my custom Pagoda lot here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=561304

Mad Poster
#15516 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 8:58 AM
Any guesses why only one of my married testing sim couple got a memory of "had an affair" when they've both been interacting romantically with their live-in mutual girlfriend? I'd prefer that neither of them got the memory (since that's not cheating!), but if one gets it, it only seems fair that they both get it.
Scholar
#15517 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 11:11 AM
Are there any guides available on safely removing custom food?

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15518 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam
Are there any guides available on safely removing custom food?

You only need to change the favourite food of any sims that have the food set - there's an option on the batbox. Mind you that can be an issue if you have a lot of townies and NPCs.

Alchemist
#15519 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 7:24 PM
Any guesses why only one of my married testing sim couple got a memory of "had an affair" when they've both been interacting romantically with their live-in mutual girlfriend? I'd prefer that neither of them got the memory (since that's not cheating!), but if one gets it, it only seems fair that they both get it.
from my understanding, the jealousy system applies to any character.
at least insimenator can turn off jealousy for the lot.
Mad Poster
#15520 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 7:25 PM
I was pretty sure removing custom foods was a bit more complicated than that. It effects both wants and memories.

Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
from my understanding, the jealousy system applies to any character.
at least insimenator can turn off jealousy for the lot.

No one is jealous in this scenario. I have the Cyjon mod that makes jealousy make sense, and since all 3 of my sims are in love with each other, there is no jealousy. The only problem I'm getting is with that one "had an affair" memory popping up.
Top Secret Researcher
#15521 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 8:34 PM

@Rosawyn

I am pretty sure that if you use a Mod to change the default jealousy set up in the game that you could maybe eliminate "had an affair" memory, at least that is what I would try. Me I use LizzLove's no-jealousy-at-all mod, it works great for me, but I am not totally sure about the memory There are other mods that change jealousy, so there is ACR and with that one can set up jealousy individually and there is another one that changes jealousy based on if their in love I think...I forget that ones name...it might have been the one you use by Cyjon, I used to use it briefly before I switched to the one by LizzLove. There might be more mods that change jealousy, but that is the approach I would take at least.

Try the one by LizzLove, I don't think it has a memory of "had an affair" for any Sim as it eliminates jealousy entirely.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#15522 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 8:43 PM
Check the relationships. Sometimes the relationship flags are set wrong. "Had affair" memories are only generated if a sim is engaged or married. If the sim who doesn't get the memory doesn't have a commitment flag set, and the one who does, does, that would be how it happened.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#15523 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
I am pretty sure that if you use a Mod to change the default jealousy set up in the game that you could maybe eliminate "had an affair" memory

I use Cyjon's Less Jealousy, and I'm very happy with it.

Check the relationships. Sometimes the relationship flags are set wrong. "Had affair" memories are only generated if a sim is engaged or married. If the sim who doesn't get the memory doesn't have a commitment flag set, and the one who does, does, that would be how it happened.

I did make the married couple in CAS, but then I had to edit all sorts of things with the Sim Blender and eventually in SimPE to get the kids all linked up as they should be, so I probably screwed the commitment flags up somehow. (Based on what you're saying, I'm guessing both of my married couple sims should have the memory, since they are in fact both married; I just want it to be fair.) Thanks for the info!
Instructor
#15524 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Could you set it at 2,500 so it equals 5K after playing both families?

I set my Marriage alimony formula to where the total is divided by 2. Thanks.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#15525 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 2:39 AM
I read somewhere that the military career reward is connectable or something like that - you can connect two or more together with fencing and such to make a bigger obstacle course. Problem is, I tried it and I'd get routing failures. What am I doing wrong?
Page 621 of 1339