Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 5:17 PM
Default Create secondary letter option for non romantic letters?
To sum things up, I'd like to make a mod to either replace the love letter option with a friendly one, or make a second option entirely. I have the basic resource for the letter from the GameplayData.package file, but I'm not really sure where to get the text to edit the letters that are sent. I was hoping someone here might be able to point me towards the next resource, and possibly help me figure out how to remove the romantic component from the letter.

Thank you for your time!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 5:30 PM
Does the romantic option increase the relationship or does it have any other effect? If yes, that sounds like a script mod, especially if you want to make a second option entirely. If it just some text shown on the screen, that is easy to fix.

What is the name of the resource you extracted from the gameplaydata?

If you want to replace the text only, you need to look for the STBL in the game's package files and just write what you wan't the letter to say. The process is very similar to XML modding.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 1:56 AM
Thanks for the response! I'm not sure if it increases the actual romance bar to be honest, but at the very least it seems restriced to teens +, and I'd like for kids to have the options to write letters to their grandparents as well. That is another aspect of it that 'd like to try and do, is the ability to write letters to family that my sims may not see often, just a nice thing to do now and again.

I would also love to change the actual letter text, I'll look more into the STBL thing later tonight!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 3:28 PM
Changing the age restriction is an easy one, for that you want to see the ITUN files in the same package file where you found the XML file There are quite a few files over here:

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...ng_Modding#ITUN
http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...Explanation.pdf

The STBL... can be a pain to find. Usually there are a few references left within the resources if you happen to clone, say, a prop and such, which would be an envelope in this case. Can be wrong though! I should check it out myself.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 3:31 PM
Thank you for the links! I'm just starting to figure out mods for Sims 3 so this has all been helpful!