Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 2:28 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
My game freezes and crashes
Please help me, I love my sims 3 but my game is just random crashing with one save.
Firstly it rains a lot and there’s some lag, but the problem is, it andomly crashes. There is quite lag, then the game feeezes but at the same time, I can still heard the sounds and the windows notify displays saying the program stopped working.
I don’t know if this is CC problem, low pc, or corrupted data. Please help me.
These are my specs: Intel Core i5-4200U ( 2.6 Ghz) 4th, Memory 4 GB DDR3, D. D. 500 GB, 14", Video Intel HD Graphics 4000, 802.11b/g/n, , Windows 8.1 (x64)
I have mid graphics mirror and water reflects, and sim in very high detail.
I tried with Delphy’s CC helper, but it doesn’t solve the problem and it looks like there are no conflicts.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 3:07 AM
I'm afraid your computer does not have the RAM nor the graphics power (no dedicated card of sufficient strength) to run more than the base game and a small number of the earliest released EPs on low to maybe medium graphics in Game Options. User experiences will vary, but generally speaking the heavy hitting EPs (Pets, Seasons, IP, ITF) and high detail graphics settings would be anywhere from problematic to out of the question. Others may possibly argue back against what I have just said and if so hopefully have some constructive suggestions for you, but realistically what you are describing is what is to be expected when such a system is pushed too hard. It's not designed for GPU intensive games but from the sound of it TS2 should not be such a problem if you have any affection for that game iteration.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 4:01 AM
Yes, well thanks. I have no problem running ts2 on high settings,
And I think seasons is the heavest because the weather effects.
Could you please tell me a recommended system for ts3 with all the EPs on high settings?
And I don’t know but I think TS3 it’s heavier than 4 maybe for the open world?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 4:25 AM
Pets is considered much heavier than Seasons, but that may be because in most worlds it doesn't usually rain/snow hard all of the time. TS4 is more CPU (processor) intensive than it is GPU (graphics) but as the EPs keep coming out we think it will catch up pretty soon.

Processor: i5 or the AMD equivalent, at least 2.4 GHz, avoid the U- and Y- series, the newer H-series are fine even if they run natively just under the above-stated speed as they can turbo a little to make up the difference. Some of the newer faster i3s will also be okay. We used to advise aiming higher on the processor for laptops than for desktops, but this doesn't seem as crucial anymore.

RAM: at least 6 GB, but 8 GB would be better. With more than that you can comfortably run other programs alongside of the game, within reason, such as a web browser.

Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 1050/1050Ti or better, or the AMD equivalent, avoid the also current MX 130s and 150s which may show up as GT 1030s as they are not strong enough, the new 1600 series is also fine. TS3 doesn't need all this GPU power, many of the older not as over the top cards are fine too, but they don't tend to sell new computers with older series cards in them.

Hard Drive: 512 GB or larger (which is partially for sanity's sake), SSDs are better for TS3 but will drive up the price tag and won't make any difference for TS4. A common configuration is a very small SSD, such as 128 GB or smaller, combined with a larger standard HDD. Those are fine, but you will have to install the game and redirect the user Documents folder to the larger one (usually D drive) and lose the game-related benefits of having an SSD.

You can cut corners on many of these specs for budgetary contstraints but with managed expectations as to how far the game and its content and ongoing saves can be taken.