Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2019 at 12:09 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default How do you Reset a Save File?
I use and love Evansdale County by MySimRealty found here...

https://my-sim-realty.blogspot.com/...uaint-city.html

... as the world uses, and in the case of "University Life" incorporates, every expansion pack's features into one city. And I also use the provided save file as it already populates the world with SIMs and families you can play with at the start. However, if you choose to start fresh, either by creating your own SIM\s or by selecting one of the pre-made families, the game (or in this case, the save file) will not RESET the spawning of the Time Portal (from IttF) and the Uni Mascot (UL) for your newly selected SIM\Family. And if you go into Town View mode, you'd see that the portal has already spawned in to another family, and it's not even the family being played with from the save file itself.

So is there a way to RESET the save file so the Time portal and the Uni mascot can both spawn for any household you decide to play with using this save file? Can it be done with the regular game options? The Cheat console? Or by, and preferably, way of nRaas Master Controller? I'm not comfortable using tools like S3PE if that's the only other way though. I could also just NOT use the save file altogether, but the world is barren of life without any pre-built families in it.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 5th Jun 2019 at 12:57 AM
You can purchase both the time portal and the welcome kit for uni (that the mascot brings) from the buy catalogue for your family.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Space Pony
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jun 2019 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
You can purchase both the time portal and the welcome kit for uni (that the mascot brings) from the buy catalogue for your family.

I know, but I sure miss the event triggers that way
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Dec 2023 at 1:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CRV13
I know, but I sure miss the event triggers that way

I know this is a late reply but what the heck, I don't know if Evansdale is compatible with Traveler but if it is you can always start your sim in another town and move to Evansdale after the events trigger.
You may have to fiddle with money cheats to afford the move but you can always use master controller to set your funds back to where they should be.
Just a thought.