Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 8:37 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life
Default A cheat or mod to split household
I want to move 4 families related to each other into another world. I combined households and when it reached 8 sims i used Master Controller to merge them and there were 12 of them in the end. It turner out that the game freezes when i moved them, but also loads forever (freezes) when i split some of them or try to move some of them into the bin. Is there another way to split the household?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 9:47 PM
MC's Add Sim can be used to place some of these sims in a different household (click on the target household lot).

NRaas Mover is required to split overstuffed households or move sims out of households that are already overstuffed the in-game and Edit Town ways.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
NRaas Mover is required to split overstuffed households or move sims out of households that are already overstuffed the in-game and Edit Town ways.

Nraas Mover actually works. Thank you so much, i waited about 30 seconds without any glitches! :D
Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 4:05 PM
Glad that worked out.

For the benefit of others reading this, I have to admit the requirement to have Mover is not intuitively obvious. One might think the mod is required to use the in-game Move and Edit Town's Split functions to create a household with more than 8 sims and that is true. But it is also needed to move sims away from already overstuffed households (or also those who have no adults to act as head of household). Without the mod the game's Move and Split functions essentially look at a household of 9 or more or one that might temporarily be all children and does not understand what it is seeing even if the player's intent is to reduce the household size in the end and not expand it. I wish we had a better/clearer way of phrasing this on our documentation pages, but I've never been able to come up with one other than adding italics to what was pretty much already there.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 2:02 PM
Who to tag to move this?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.