Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 4:44 PM Last edited by Lizzie113 : 19th Jun 2019 at 5:16 PM.
Default Help! Resource.cfg won't let game load!
Hey!
So I've been playing the sims forever... I have both the sims 2 and 3 and some expansion packs, but to not take alot of space on my laptop I uninstall the game I'm a bit tired of, and just play with the other one.
So, before I never had problems with Package files. I used Resource.cfg without a problem. But now that I installed my game again, I did all the process and placed it correctly. (Documents/ Eletronic Arts/ Sims 3/ Mods/ Resource.cfg/ Packages). But now my game will disapear into the desktop. I've already realized that this only occurs because of Resource.cfg as I play fine without it.
Although I play fine without it, I'm sad because I really want different skins and obviously Nraas!
I did everything, deleted those files that regenerate, removed the sims 3 folder (as I know that it regenerates after launching again) to see if it works but it doesn't I also have space on my laptop
I reallyyy want to get it to work, and I've seen that I'm not the only one with this problem....
Sorry if anything is wrong, I'm not english so plz if u answear, plz answear in basic language ... Sorry for the huge post... Thxx
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 6:49 PM
Is this the version of the framework and Resource.cfg that you are using?
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files

And does the game launch properly with Resource.cfg in place together with only the two sample mod files for testing that come with the downloadable framework in Mods\Packages, nothing else? Typically it's not Resource.cfg, if it's the correct version of that file, that causes a game to have problems but it's the content being added to the Packages (or Overrides) subfolder. Without Resource.cfg in place, the entire Mods folder is inert and nothing will be read.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 7:17 PM
Although you said others report this issue, it's really quite unusual. Which patch level is your game on and what type of install source is this? The mod structure in Documents doesn't work unless the patch level is 1.12 or higher (relevant if this is an all disc install, not so much for Origin or Steam).

If it's not an insufficient patch level, perhaps you have a "bad" download of the framework and might try a fresh one? And there is really nothing else in Mods\Packages other than NoIntro and NoBuildSparkles yet the game crashes upon startup sometime after the intro movie would have played?

Perhaps we could see some screenshots of your setup if nothing else is helping? That would be in Detail View, screenshots of your TS3 folder, and one each of Mods, Packages and Overrides (if anything is in there) showing their contents.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 7:43 PM
On that patch level, I'm assuming this is a legitimate retail disc install with Uni being the latest EP in play. Is there a reason you cannot patch up to 1.67?
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-...3-super-patcher