Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 11:15 PM Last edited by Elynda : 4th Sep 2019 at 11:46 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Problem Proprietors
I'm trying to set up Aspen Islands with a cast of characters for a story, but I'd also like to be able to play a normal game there too. The trouble is the place is full of Show Time and Late Night venues, and Nraas Overwatch is constantly giving me Unroutable Sim notifications about the venue proprietors. I've managed to resolve a few problems, but some have got me baffled. What, for example, is going on here?

This proprietor appears to be able to sit at all of the tables in this venue. But she only sits for a few seconds before getting up and a throwing routing tantrum. Then she walks to the back of the stage and stands behind that scenery in the corner. Then she walks to another table, sits down and goes through the same routine again. And that's basically her working day! What is it she wants to do, and what's preventing her from doing it? I've tried re-arranging those tables, I've tried replacing them, but nothing seems to make any difference. And I've got the same situation in at least two other bars and venues in the town.

Can anyone help me sort this out?

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 12:01 AM
Where is the proprietor placement marker? The proprietor will attempt to route to that spot from time to time, and if you have something blocking it then she'll throw a wobbly.

It looks like this:

You might have to go into buydebug for it to show up.
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 12:44 AM
I didn't know about that. I'll go take a look. Thanks.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 1:03 AM Last edited by Elynda : 26th Feb 2019 at 1:51 AM.
I can't see one anywhere.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 1:29 AM
The game should spawn the proprieter marker somewhere on the lot, so I'm guessing it's underneath something.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 1:56 AM
Nope, I can't see it anywhere. I thought it might be in that corner she keeps walking to, under the show stage, but I moved that and there's no sign of it. Most of the other venues don't seem to have them, or at least I can't see them. The only place that does have one is the Big Show venue. The other venues are a Poolside Club, a Hangout and a Waterhole. They have show stages, but no sign of a marker.

EDIT: I've had an idea. I'm going to try changing one of those lots to a Live Show venue and see if it spawns a marker.

Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 2:17 AM
Nope, that didn't work.

Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 9:27 AM
One or two of the proprietors in the town, seem to be fine, giving me no notifications. But the only one that I could find a placement marker for is at the Big Show venue, which is the Binder Clips Center from Starlight Shores. All the others are custom made lots.

I have read through a tutorial on how to set up Show Time lots, and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the ones in Aspen Islands. I think what that proprietor was trying to do, which kept causing her to route fail, is go home. She doesn't seem to be able to route to wherever it is. I have also come across several instances of NPCs trapped inside apartment blocks, and that, I think is what has been causing all those unroutable sim notifications. I'm going to try deleting and replacing those lots.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 3:06 PM
Good luck, I hope it works!