Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 5:20 PM
Default A mod to make townie sims pregnant?
So that's my question. Is there a mod to make your townie sims pregnant? Either on their own or by the player without having to make them Active. I already have a mod to make sims age. If I could make them have babies somehow that'd be awesome!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 5:34 PM
i want this too but shouldnt this be in the WCIF section?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
i want this too but shouldnt this be in the WCIF section?

Oh really? Oops I guess you're right. How do I move a post? Do I just delete and make another one?
Inventor
#4 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 5:44 PM
A mod can move it for you.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 6:21 PM
Moved to WCIF

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 3:52 AM
You can make them controllable just long enough to get pregnant (a number of ways to do both). But what's the point? Until/unless they are controllable their pregnancy won't advance.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Theorist
#7 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 4:03 AM
If you want a townie pregnant you're gonna have to have them move in somewhere, either with a playable or by themselves. You will then need to either play them or speed up the pregnancy (w/ a mod). Once the baby is born you will need to figure out if you want the townie to stay livin in the house and raise it, give it to another family or put it up for adoption.

However, if you just want the townies to LOOK pregnant and waddle around then go into SimPE. One of the tabs, sorry I can't recall off hand, possibly the misc one, and put a tic mark to your choice of which pregnancy look to show. I have done this myself, but I can't say if the game will see it as a preg in that other sims will want to talk to it and such. When you want them unpreg go back into SimPE and uncheck the tic you'd done.

Always remember that you will need to commit and save with each change you make in SimPE.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 4:10 AM
No because townies don't have the passing of hours. The vanilla game requires that sim be selectable for 72 hours to progress the pregnancy timer. You can't have townie babies or toddlers either. The best you could do is move them in, use the simblender to make pregnant>advance pregnancy, let them have the baby and age it up to a child and retownify them both.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 7:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
No because townies don't have the passing of hours. The vanilla game requires that sim be selectable for 72 hours to progress the pregnancy timer. You can't have townie babies or toddlers either. The best you could do is move them in, use the simblender to make pregnant>advance pregnancy, let them have the baby and age it up to a child and retownify them both.

Yea but I have a mod that enables townie sims to age. Won't that make pregnancy advance? Is there a mod to make them spawn a baby with them as parents?
Theorist
#10 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 7:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by skydome
Yea but I have a mod that enables townie sims to age. Won't that make pregnancy advance? Is there a mod to make them spawn a baby with them as parents?

No. Townies are sorta in a suspend time bubble so time does not move for them the way it does for playables. Actually, there is a perfect example in that even playables only age when you're playing them. Once you leave their lot they are put in their own suspended time bubble.

I've never played Sims 3, but I think that is one of the major differences in play. In Sims 3 life goes on for all sims in the game... no time suspended bubble for them.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 7:35 AM
No Ancient Highways mod only makes them age at 6pm when they are on your playables lot (best way is to open a few 24/7 home businesses like a spa) The ageing bar is independent of the 24 hours it took to get there. Townies have no passage of hours when non selectable same way your other playables don't. If you save a lot at 6am and go on to 12 more lots before coming back it's still 6am on that first lot. If you want them walking around pregnant you could after making them pregnant advance to a baby bump then halt the pregnancy and retownify them. They will then be stuck at bump one or two until you make them selectable again and advance things. If a townie spawned a baby what would they do with it? Infants and toddlers can't be townies. The youngest townie age is child. You need to make them playable if you want to see townies going through pregnancy and birth.

What HW mod does is if they age to the end of a life stage while on your lot they will go onto the next stage, so age to teen/adult or elder and if the sim is an elder they die. Pregnancy is more like a timed event, it has to be live to run.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 2:04 PM
Oh I see. Now I understand.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#13 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 2:31 AM
@skydome Sorry to say this, but thank goodness there is no mod to make Townes get pregnant. Otherwise my neighborhood or town would be over- flowing with pregnant townies and there babies.
And I would have to think who is the father. Lmao The only way That I know of is to move the townie in with a neighborhood Sims who fall in love with them.
And I don't use the Simblender as Jo's have point out a way to do it.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Instructor
#14 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 11:41 PM
This reminds me of when I'd just started playing Sims 2, back when the world was new and dinosaurs roamed the earth, and Brandi Broke kept showing up at everyone's house and hurling all night (and eating from the garbage cans outside because she was arriving everywhere STARVING). I thought she had some deadly virus or something, or maybe a spot of Hamster Plague (Sims 1 FTW!) until I finally played her as my Active and realised she had been early-pregnancy the whole time and was just morning-sickness-ing all over the place. She was stuck in that "barely pregnant" and constantly upchucking phase, unable to progress without becoming Active. Then I watched her slowly and repeatedly dying, despite my best efforts, because I'd saved when her motives were too low, and she was too hungry to sleep and too tired to eat.

(This happened over and over because I kept thinking, "Hmm, it should be 50/50, right? I mean, -eventually- she'll have a girl to go with the boy kid, right??" That was before I realised she existed beyond the laws of biology and had been, for some reason, perma-coded to have another son.)

Nice as it might be to have surprise maternity/paternity and new toddlers and kids in the neighbourhood for my playables to drag home from school, I hate to think of all the "bonus" morning sickness and needs failures wreaking havoc with my welcome wagons, date nights, and party scores.
Theorist
#15 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 1:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Liz
This reminds me of when I'd just started playing Sims 2, back when the world was new and dinosaurs roamed the earth, and Brandi Broke kept showing up at everyone's house and hurling all night (and eating from the garbage cans outside because she was arriving everywhere STARVING). I thought she had some deadly virus or something, or maybe a spot of Hamster Plague (Sims 1 FTW!) until I finally played her as my Active and realised she had been early-pregnancy the whole time and was just morning-sickness-ing all over the place. She was stuck in that "barely pregnant" and constantly upchucking phase, unable to progress without becoming Active. Then I watched her slowly and repeatedly dying, despite my best efforts, because I'd saved when her motives were too low, and she was too hungry to sleep and too tired to eat.

(This happened over and over because I kept thinking, "Hmm, it should be 50/50, right? I mean, -eventually- she'll have a girl to go with the boy kid, right??" That was before I realised she existed beyond the laws of biology and had been, for some reason, perma-coded to have another son.)

Nice as it might be to have surprise maternity/paternity and new toddlers and kids in the neighbourhood for my playables to drag home from school, I hate to think of all the "bonus" morning sickness and needs failures wreaking havoc with my welcome wagons, date nights, and party scores.

Any time a sim self impregnation they get the opposite gender than what they are: females will have baby boys and males will have baby girls. This is the case w/ Brandi even though they 'fixed it' (I think didn't they?) so that it'll say that Skip is the daddy, they didn't change the actual pregnancy so she'll always have a boy.

On the flip side, should you want her to have a girl there are a few ways to do this, 1) is to change the baby's sex w/ SimPE and 2) would be terminate the existing pregnancy and then w/ the use of a mod that allowed you to pick your partner re-impregnate her w/ Skip that way. However, doin this still doesn't guarantee a girl bein born, but it does at least give you the chance where before there was none.

Personally, I find it easier to use option 1.
Theorist
#16 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 1:11 AM
I remember some years back when my sims had a rash of home burglaries and I was getting fed up with that sim. He 'somehow' got aged down to a toddler and I expected him to show up eventually on a community lot, it never happened. So I built a huge house, teleported him in, along with some other annoying townies who were aged to child at different times. They all lived happily stuck in their young ages with an old lady sim as their foster mom. Now we have visitor controller so no more accidental down sizing townies. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 2:51 AM
For brandi I would have tried maxmotives immediately on loading the lot before hitting play.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 6:51 AM
Is it possible to make playable sims family pregnant without making them active?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 7:11 AM
Well again they won't progress unless you go live and either play or use the simblender to advance then halt pregnancy. Being suspended in time is one of the features of Sims 2, it's so nothing happens on a playable lot that you are not in control of (apart from making relationships on community lots/as guests at your active sims house, and one time I had a sim visitor get turned into a werewolf)) if you want the hood to evolve without your input maybe you would prefer sims 3? If a playable is teleported over to the active house with Christianlov's transport mirror you might be able to get them pregnant. But again they won't advance unless you either let time pass or use a mod to advance it. Back when I played a legacy and didn't want to play each house, I would load the house up and cheat them to where I wanted them to be.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 7:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Well again they won't progress unless you go live and either play or use the simblender to advance then halt pregnancy. Being suspended in time is one of the features of Sims 2, it's so nothing happens on a playable lot that you are not in control of (apart from making relationships on community lots/as guests at your active sims house, and one time I had a sim visitor get turned into a werewolf)) if you want the hood to evolve without your input maybe you would prefer sims 3? If a playable is teleported over to the active house with Christianlov's transport mirror you might be able to get them pregnant. But again they won't advance unless you either let time pass or use a mod to advance it. Back when I played a legacy and didn't want to play each house, I would load the house up and cheat them to where I wanted them to be.

How did you cheat them to where you want them to be?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#21 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 8:25 AM
Get pregnant with the blender>advance pregnancy>have baby>Age to toddler. Check relationships and set the long and short term on those if needed. Age other sims 3-6 days. Set job level and skills to match it. Kaching them once or twice so they would shop at my played shops, maxmotive them all, save and exit. What I thought would be a normal progression if I had played them for several days. This way I could transport the family over and their toddler would be in sync with the ages of the main family kids, ageing, job, money comparable. It's not really something I would recommend unless you really don't want to play the other families, sims 2 is best played with all families in rotation. If a particular family is boring it might be time to spice them up. What do you have each family doing? If they are all alike that could get boring.

~Call me Jo~