Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 7:10 PM
Default Erin Davis' Glitch
Hello everyone!

Ok so I have read about Erin Davis here: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Erin_Davis and its so sad that she causes a glitch. Now, here are my questions:

1. What happens exactly? I never completed the story so I'd appreciate if some one could explain when things start to become glitchy what happens exactly.

2. Has anyone thought of any solution or something?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 9:59 PM
I played it several times, and it didn't happen to me. The Stories, all three, are full of more or less frequent/serious bugs, but what happened to that player is not a general rule. In my current Midnight Masquerade neighbourhood, Erin and Stephen had a son, Davis, which I extracted as well as the other born in game generation 2 kids, and they founded a custom hood I play
Long story short, players can safely choose Erin or Rachel, only remembering to back up often. Too bad that player didn't have Pescado's batbox or something similar to get the missing sims back.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 10:09 PM
Wait, I know that SimPE work with the stories series, but does the batbox work too?

Also, if this is just a glitch that occurred with a few. then some one needs to edit that wiki page.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 10:14 PM
The only way to know is to try it and see. Some mods made for the Pets EP works with Pets Stories and some don't. I don't remember if I tried the batbox or not. I was just annoyed by the fact that every time in free play mode that Stephen got Diva a job, his job was screwed up.

I always chose Rachel because of the information on that Wiki page, so if Erin is not inevitably glitched then someone does need to edit that Wiki page.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 10:34 PM
Pretty much everything works, the tricky part is to figure what version of a hack works in what game, and like you said, Orilon, the only way is to test.
Random pic from the first story: http://i45.tinypic.com/2ih2lh3.jpg
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 10:53 PM Last edited by marka93 : 10th Apr 2013 at 11:24 PM. Reason: ADD Info
M.M.A.A. I have played it both ways over 40-50 times and never had a glitch.

After you are done with the story you can put the whole hood into your Sims 2 game, as long as you have Pets installed.

ADD:
Quote:
Wait, I know that SimPE work with the stories series, but does the batbox work too?

Yes SimPE works but don't use it until you are done with the story, it will break the story on you, and YES the batbox works to.

Most mods that work for Sims 2 Pets will work in Pets Stories.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
M.M.A.A. I have played it both ways over 40-50 times and never had a glitch.

Ok, I guess someone should really change the wiki page for her.

I'll just add a note that this does not always happen, and the reason for editing would be: Glitch is not applicable to everyone/every game. And I'll link to your post, marka.

ETA: Someone did the change the information (already).

So, I'm playing the stories, and I think I'm close to the ending. We (or I) shall see what will happen.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 10:16 PM
Once you played one way ever thing you unlocked will still be unlocked for the next game, just replace it and start over.
Don't remove the NeighborhoodManager.package just replace the N002 folder with one from C drive and play again to get all unlocked.

The same goes for the 2nd Life Story game.

If you want his cousin in the game you need to use Inge teleporter and teleport them to his house and move them in, other wise the game deletes them, this must be done before you end the story.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 10:19 PM
RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS!!!!!!!!!!:

They're back! At first, Erin's pic on the left side disappeared when the limo drove away. But then, the game loaded and I was in free play. They were BOTH back on the lot and married just as they were when they left. No glitching! No permanent disappearances!

I didn't exit to the neighborhood though, but I guess things will be fine.

However, I will not play the game and save the ending, as I have no idea why I should choose one from the other (Though, I think I'll choose Rachel, but while playing the story, he still had a want to fall in love with Erin, even though, he had a crush on Rachel). So, I'll just leave it 'open ended'.

However (again) the only glitch I noticed is that Erin, instead of having Face Template one, now, just before leaving to the vacation after arriving in free play, got her face changed to face template 2.

The same happens to Rachel, but her change was halfway through the story. I don't know why this is happening, but in terms of gameplay, there weren't any glitches.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 11:32 PM Last edited by marka93 : 20th Apr 2013 at 6:43 PM. Reason: More info
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS!!!!!!!!!!:

They're back! At first, Erin's pic on the left side disappeared when the limo drove away. But then, the game loaded and I was in free play. They were BOTH back on the lot and married just as they were when they left. No glitching! No permanent disappearances!

I didn't exit to the neighborhood though, but I guess things will be fine.

However, I will not play the game and save the ending, as I have no idea why I should choose one from the other (Though, I think I'll choose Rachel, but while playing the story, he still had a want to fall in love with Erin, even though, he had a crush on Rachel). So, I'll just leave it 'open ended'.

However (again) the only glitch I noticed is that Erin, instead of having Face Template one, now, just before leaving to the vacation after arriving in free play, got her face changed to face template 2.

The same happens to Rachel, but her change was halfway through the story. I don't know why this is happening, but in terms of gameplay, there weren't any glitches.

With Erin you get the $21000 Master Chef Stove and with Rachel you get the never ending $20000 Love Spa.

ADD:I don't know about your game but all the time I have played Stephen has 3 bolts for Erin and only 1-2 bolts for Rachel.