Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 9:21 PM
Default Something i find odd about the "Stories" games CC
So apparently, EA said *no* stuff packs, expansions or Custom Content would be compatible with the stories games from The Sims 2.

But whats odd is that all 3 stories titles can perfectly use Custom Content that require only base game on The Sims 2.

Anyone else find this odd?
Also, back when i only had a laptop and no desktop, and when i only played The Sims Castaway stories, i held out hope that EA would release at least 1 expansion for each.
They easily could of converted Sims 2 expansions over to pet stories and life stories. As it was meant to be Laptop based, they should of somehow ported some expansions over for lower end laptop users.

Id also of loved to seen an expansion for Castaway, maybe an island expansion pack to add a new storyline and island?
Advertisement
#2 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by residenteviloutbreak
So apparently, EA said *no* stuff packs, expansions or Custom Content would be compatible with the stories games from The Sims 2.

But whats odd is that all 3 stories titles can perfectly use Custom Content that require only base game on The Sims 2.

Anyone else find this odd?
Also, back when i only had a laptop and no desktop, and when i only played The Sims Castaway stories, i held out hope that EA would release at least 1 expansion for each.
They easily could of converted Sims 2 expansions over to pet stories and life stories. As it was meant to be Laptop based, they should of somehow ported some expansions over for lower end laptop users.

Id also of loved to seen an expansion for Castaway, maybe an island expansion pack to add a new storyline and island?

The likelihood that EA will make a new expansion pack/stuff pack for The Sims 2 is the same as the likelihood that EA will make a new expansion pack/stuff pack for The Sims 1: 0. EA has moved on. The Sims 3 has been around since 2009, releasing expansion packs and stuff packs and Sims 3 Store stuff. Life moves on; people change.
Instructor
#3 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 11:51 PM
And the fact that EA shut down the TS2 website just shows that they either don't realise people are still playing TS2 - or don't care about the TS2 community. So yeah, there's no chance they're ever going to release anything else for it.

Call me Abi if you want, it's easier to type than my username!