Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1171
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 5673 (Who?), Viewed: 255932 times.
Search this Thread
Old 18th Oct 2017, 10:11 PM #5651
jje1000
Theorist

6 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apsalar
The thing about sims and micromanagement is that is should be a built in option at all times when you play, so you can choose to focus on a particular sim or event or moment for what kind of game/story you want to play with the simmies.
Other sims should be able to do their thing while you focus on one particular thing, until you're ready to focus on them again. Also, the gameplay should be solid enough that you can set up a situation and or event as you like it and have it play out, even if there's surprises something should be happening, but then you also should have the option to step in in case something happens that you don't agree with. That is what a simulation game is all about.

This, so much. I try to keep this philosophy in my sim games.

Sims shouldn't die if you look away for a minute, but they should need a little guidance at times in their life- perhaps to spice up their life or to give them a little kick in their butt to get them moving towards an aspiration.
Old Yesterday, 1:42 AM #5652
thevogel
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion
Oh no no no, you got it all wrong. You see people play these games to have their fun, quirky, random, trendy Young Adult Yoursim do fun, quirky, random, trendy things like taking angry poops (in their talking toilets) cheking their phone every five seconds and going to pointless festivals in San Mushroom (or whatever the city in City Living was called).

People don't actually want challenges or gameplay in these games. It's all just about self-representation and quirky, fun, random self-promotion.

ahhhhh Sarcasm...a language I love so. LMFAO. But you are correct, The current players have totally fucked this game up for the rest of us.... and the developers ....gurus or whatever the hell you call them have lost all sense of decency or creativity for that matter. TS4 blows

i'm feeling that urge to blow shit up again. Too bad TS4 is so sensitive and soft, you can't do anything .... at least in TS3 I can go to Grady's Junk yard and actually blow up the place.
Old Yesterday, 3:14 AM #5653
ShigemiNotoge
Theorist

1 Achievements

It's about time someone turned on the heat lamp for these special snowflakes that call themselves developers and showed them what life really is :\
Old Yesterday, 6:49 AM #5654
SneakyWingPhoenix
Scholar

TS4 is and gonna remain the worse game in its franchise (unless they have a guts to create another that beats its record, but I sincerely doubt it. It say the past iterations age well and are still enjoyable up to now.TS4 will be remembered for the most part for (Though I would say "only", but that would generize all people with one perception) its new fashion dressing and intuitive house building elements simulator than an actual revolutionizing life simulator, and for having some nice aesthetical aspects (new animation, beautiful atmosphere outdoors, ect.).
Old Yesterday, 10:23 AM #5655
matrix54
Original Poster

Mad Poster

9 Achievements

I bet there are no new club rules regarding pets: get a bunch of people together who own cats or dogs to meet up once a week for... whatever.

If we could actually control pets, we could have formed packs for pets based on pets traits and skills. Imagine a group of cats who wear tops hops, then meet up at lounges even Saturday for free catnip.

I doubt pets are even a part of the club mechanic. Maybe a group of socialites want to have Pomeranians and Poodles, or a group of goths want black cats.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Old Yesterday, 11:27 AM #5656
jje1000
Theorist

6 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevogel
ahhhhh Sarcasm...a language I love so. LMFAO. But you are correct, The current players have totally fucked this game up for the rest of us.... and the developers ....gurus or whatever the hell you call them have lost all sense of decency or creativity for that matter. TS4 blows

i'm feeling that urge to blow shit up again. Too bad TS4 is so sensitive and soft, you can't do anything .... at least in TS3 I can go to Grady's Junk yard and actually blow up the place.

I loved how you could unintentionally make car bombs in TS3.
Old Yesterday, 12:35 PM #5657
GrijzePilion
Mad Poster

6 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000

I'd already understood the terrorism angle of it, but I never quite realized you can actually commit actual terrorist attacks in TS3. That's kind of...special. Wow. Even if no one dies, that's special.
By the way, can we go back to being off-topic? That was much more fun, really.

Overlord of Plumbit, the subreddit for the serious Simmer.
We're constructive, creative and drama-free™.

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Last edited by GrijzePilion : Yesterday at 12:53 PM.
Old Yesterday, 1:17 PM #5658
SneakyWingPhoenix
Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
I bet there are no new club rules regarding pets: get a bunch of people together who own cats or dogs to meet up once a week for... whatever.

If we could actually control pets, we could have formed packs for pets based on pets traits and skills. Imagine a group of cats who wear tops hops, then meet up at lounges even Saturday for free catnip.

I doubt pets are even a part of the club mechanic. Maybe a group of socialites want to have Pomeranians and Poodles, or a group of goths want black cats.

Now that's what I would love to have in a game! Pets visiting lots alone without owners and human sims (which we could have, If pets were CONTRABLE) opens up possibilities for storytelling and what not.
Old Yesterday, 2:27 PM #5659
SharksAreCool
Test Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000

"Unintentionally."

Whatever you say brah.
Old Yesterday, 3:13 PM #5660
GrijzePilion
Mad Poster

6 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharksAreCool
"Unintentionally."
Whatever you say brah.

Yeah, right. Who doesn't know that the townies are infidels that Plum wills dead? It is our duty as enforcers of Plum to see to it's wishes.

Old Yesterday, 5:16 PM #5661
~MadameButterfly~
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

Oh, the memories. I remember the guilt I felt when I blew up my first Big Lemon at the diner. The car had sat there, unclaimed, for days on end.

Also, the 'micromanagement' quote from up thread caused me to have to step away. It took me by surprise that the gurus could still piss me off. I didn't think I had any more "emoshuns" left in me.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Old Yesterday, 6:17 PM #5662
hiabara
Field Researcher

Some leaked build/buy mode items:

Of course it's possible that it doesn't show every item, but so far that's at least 7 objects just for the stunts/tricks or whatever the skill will be (like three fire rings and two tunnels). Maybe even all 14 objects there are for that skill training.
Unfortunately I can't see any items for pet needs like cat tree, food bowl or litter box. I would be more interested in these items.
Old Yesterday, 6:39 PM #5663
mixa97sr
Top Secret Researcher

5 Achievements

Like I said... sims 5 will be plain "Look as the simulation of free will unfolds without the need for you to micro-manage anything! It's SOOOO TACTILE AND AWESOME! BUY OUR NEXT-GEN GAME NOW FOR 80$!!!"

pukes from inside of my soul
Old Yesterday, 7:29 PM #5664
matrix54
Original Poster

Mad Poster

9 Achievements

We got all of that useless training stuff, and a training skill for it, but no dog house.

Old Yesterday, 7:35 PM #5665
ShigemiNotoge
Theorist

1 Achievements

Quote:
We got all of that useless training stuff, and a training skill for it, but no dog house.

And no way to make use of the training once they're trained! 8D

#worthit #killme #whyisthisgamestillathing #howhasnoonebeenfiredyet
Old Yesterday, 7:41 PM #5666
matrix54
Original Poster

Mad Poster

9 Achievements

Literally the biggest time killer. There could have even made rabbit hole style competitions, which are super easy. They do not even need special rewards for them, just cash prizes, and maybe a little UI marker about competitions won or something. They are that lazy.

Old Yesterday, 7:51 PM #5667
kiddypatches
Lab Assistant

They don't give a crap. They just want money, and know they will get it because so many sheep/suckers are going to buy this EP (or any pack for that matter) just because it has SIMS on it. Why work hard on something if you're still gonna get paid in full for it anyway???
Old Yesterday, 8:46 PM #5668
matrix54
Original Poster

Mad Poster

9 Achievements

To make more, silly!

Old Yesterday, 9:21 PM #5669
GrijzePilion
Mad Poster

6 Achievements

On the plus side, Colossal Order put out another excellent expansion pack today. Green Cities. It's all about battery cars, photovoltaics, locally grown free range weed, food markets, shit that floats on water, and yoga for some reason. It's basically the 2020s but without the fucked up geopolitics. And yes, I wasn't kidding about the weed. It's called Green Cities.

Old Yesterday, 9:24 PM #5670
thetron666
Test Subject

cats and dogs
Old Yesterday, 10:18 PM #5671
matrix54
Original Poster

Mad Poster

9 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetron666
cats and dogs

Oh, boo!

EA cut out the majority of what’s supposed to make a pets expansion a pets expansion, yet somehow still missed the mark. Some good news won’t kill you.

Old Yesterday, 10:28 PM #5672
SharksAreCool
Test Subject

Quote:
EA cut out the majority of what’s supposed to make a pets expansion a pets expansion, yet somehow still missed the mark. Some good news won’t kill you.

That's true for The Sims 4 in general.
Old Today, 12:28 AM #5673
Elias943
Forum Resident

17 Achievements

View My Journal

I can't wait for this mess to end and move on to a great TS5. (well I can dream )

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Old Today, 12:35 AM #5674
GrijzePilion
Mad Poster

6 Achievements

They should just build a life simulator into Cities: Skylines. Maybe let you have a look inside some of the houses. And if you get bored of regular life, you just seamlessly switch to the GTA life and nick someone's car.
Not that I haven't already been walking around my city for hours. And good god, the public transport is slow. I know I slowed everything down to realistic speeds but good god, I really slowed everything down to realistic speeds.

There's something delightful about being on a little pixelated train for 15 minutes, by the way.

Section jump: