Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Oct 2022 at 8:31 PM
Default Wild Child mod - baby is born naked
Does anybody know what should I change/delete in the Wild Child v4 mod so the babies don't get born naked?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Oct 2022 at 4:13 AM
You could get Chris Hatches buyable baby clothes mod and buy them some clothes. Wild Child is made by the same author. That said, I'm pretty sure that babies DO get clothes shortly after the birthing animation.

They should use The Sims 2 in psychology....it could work wonders.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Oct 2022 at 11:17 AM
When editing Sims' clothes in Body Shop, if you make the alpha channel all black, and are using a nude mesh, the Sim will appear naked. Now I don't use baby clothes myself, so I don't know how you edit baby clothes, but I reckon it must be possible, or people wouldn't be able to make them.

In the Body Shop project files the alpha channel files are the ones with a file name ending in "_alpha.bmp". (You will only be able to see the ".bmp" extension if you have unchecked "Hide extensions for known file types" in Windows File Explorer / Folder Options. Personally I would be lost if I couldn't see the file extensions -- they tell me what kind of file it is.)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Oct 2022 at 11:21 AM
Check also that you didn't install a naked default, there is one on here. I use that then buy the baby clothes.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#5 Old 12th Oct 2022 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bloodstained_black_lace
That said, I'm pretty sure that babies DO get clothes shortly after the birthing animation.

They do. I use Wild Child and although the babies are born naked, they change into the usual nappy, or default replacement, shortly after. OP is probably wondering if there's anything within the mod itself that can be changed so that the babies aren't naked during the cinematic.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Oct 2022 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
They do. I use Wild Child and although the babies are born naked, they change into the usual nappy, or default replacement, shortly after. OP is probably wondering if there's anything within the mod itself that can be changed so that the babies aren't naked during the cinematic.

Yes, this is what I was wondering about. They do change after the cinematic. I just don't really want them to be naked in the cinematic/birth animation.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 12th Oct 2022 at 7:19 PM
@Chris Hatch
^ maybe he can take a look if it's his mod.

I'm not familiar with the mod other than having heard of the name - but there's a naked outfit/setting for babies ingame, so it's possible this one is the one referred to in the mod (would have to check the files to see, although it depends where it's set, as I'm not much of a modder when it comes the BHAVs and similar other than some simple object settings). Could also be a custom setting with a linked outfit.