Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 3:31 AM
Default Any interesting hobbies?
Aside from Simming, the culinary arts, watching cartoons from Canada and Japan, video games and participating in the Rich family April Fool's punoff with terribly groanworthy one-liners from my father and grandfather...

I make custom dolls.

I have been a huge doll fan as a child and I think in 2013, during the time both G1 Monster High and My Little Pony: Equestria Girls that someone did a custom doll of Rainbow Dash as an Equestria Girl equivalent using a lower end Monster High Doll (jointed, but was just in an outfit and minimal accessories)

(my father was in disbelief that dog and horse faced dolls were marketable. Back in his day, calling a girl dog or horse faced would lead to crying or a bitchslap that leaves a red hand mark. This was also coming from a man who told me "You can't sanely get away selling dog shit..." and the poop emoji ends up a runaway success.)

However, the inherent problem with doll customization is some of the things you say sounds creepy. Like "Shower stab scene in Psycho" like "I'm busy plucking hairs off these heads I pulled off. If you can find the box of headless bodies, that would be great!"

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 5:05 AM
Is Egyptology, linguistics, and computers interesting? I'unno. You be the judge.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Alchemist
#3 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 1:13 PM
I just realized I don't really have hobbies. I merely have interests.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#4 Old 20th Apr 2019 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
I just realized I don't really have hobbies. I merely have interests.

@Johnny_Bravo

Well, what interests you?

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Alchemist
#5 Old 20th Apr 2019 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
@Johnny_Bravo

Well, what interests you?

Music, I'm currently learning how to produce music.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#6 Old 20th Apr 2019 at 11:20 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 20th Apr 2019 at 11:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
Music, I'm currently learning how to produce music.

I hope your studies are fruitful. I never seem to have time for my music.

There is a section from "My Lullaby" from The Lion King 2 that caught my attention for a parody. I actually can be a pretty evil lyricist when something bothers me.

This is just a taste of how evil I can become if left to my devices

Lilith's Lullaby
Hear the censors' dying gasp
Take the money from their grasp
Make the little children cry
Lilith's lullaby

(My reaction when I found out they cut crying scenes from an anime originally made in Japan to help children cope with 3/11/2011, Lilith is one of the personas I described to my therapist that summarizes my purist preference of uncut and uncensored anime or foreign animation. What I do to describe my complexities is so people can stomach my being. Like an easy to swallow pill. If you were to take me head on, like first impression, it would make me tell you the joke about the impossible horse pill and it was actually a foot soak tablet. My biggest question, the one for the game and all the marbles...will someone find my humor worth it.?)

Scholar
#7 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 4:32 AM
Well, I mean, I play the bassoon, as I've always made very obvious. I also play the oboe. In addition, I've taken quite an interest to recorders and early music woodwinds. My tenor recorder has gone missing somehow and that is making me really sad because I want to play it.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Jun 2019 at 10:35 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 9th Jun 2019 at 4:19 AM.
I'm considering learning to create my own makeup and currently I am torn between a number of lipstick tubes and containers to use for the final product. Not to mention I am looking for ingredients for good bases for the various products I would make.

Then there's labeling the product, keeping track of the recipes for reproduction for either myself or if anyone is interested in it.

Hobbies for me are just to see if I can attempt to do it.

I had a weird dream at the end of the 13th B'ak'tun (12.21.2012) and this bright pure white light said plainly to try everything and find yourself and it was surrounded by other lights murmuring in other languages. Turned out my father told me that I experienced shekinah glory and that it was obviously a sign to find myself. I guess when you have this life-changing dream or any for that matter, the ones that tell you to find your place in the universe are startling. Granted, I was 25 and not gotten further socially.

I guess that above dream explains a little about my drive in hobbies.

Test Subject
#9 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 7:18 PM
I play Smash Bros. (Melee AND Ultimate) Semi-Professionally!
Space Pony
#10 Old 18th Jun 2019 at 8:10 AM
I draw, I cook, I bake, I code, I free-write and I craft.

Dag-Dag
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 6:53 AM
My currently weirdest hobby is the quiz i "host" on Instagram. Also I've been keeping Achatina fulica for about 2 1/2 years now. And get the feeling they are still growing. Either that or my hands are shrinking...
Scholar
#12 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 8:11 PM
Listening to music I guess? I have a stupidly long playlist on spotify, other stuff that's not there is on soundcloud, a bunch on my computer, my phone's micro sd, and of course the hundreds of bookmarks on different browsers on various devices. Its definitely not well organised so finding a specific song that might be stuck in my head is sometimes a challenge. This doesn't include the cds and casettes that I also have, though there's definietly less of that than there used to be cos I've made digital copies of most of it.