Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Artimis: No, Sims Stories dont use the same moderation queue - they use the old style one. This applies to downloads only

Thank you Delphy

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I'm truly impressed with the thought and work you guys have all obviously put into this. Thank you, Delphy, for the coding; thank you, Whiterider, for the excellent writeup; thank you, HP, for the brainstorm; and thank you to all the mods who devote your time and energy to keep the quality of uploads high.

I totaly agree with you CmarNYC!

Thank you all for the reception and encouragement! :lovestruc
Forum Resident
#28 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 1:07 AM
Awesomeness! I have been waiting patiently for this! Now Ihopefully my first upload will be accepted!

C.T.HOLKO88
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 1:18 AM
Wow, the waiting time really has paid off! Great job, thank you all for your hard work!
I just submitted my third creation. I am really excited
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#30 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 1:39 AM
I just submitted my lot.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 6:12 AM
I have a question,
do you plan to stop accepting uploads for Sims 2 at some point? Is there a definite date where Mod The Sims will move on entirely to Sims 3?

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 7:05 AM
Wow, this sounds truly great, thank you for all this hard work !
It was worth the waiting !
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#33 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 9:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by billielith
I have a question,
do you plan to stop accepting uploads for Sims 2 at some point? Is there a definite date where Mod The Sims will move on entirely to Sims 3?

I have absolutely no plans to do that - if people keep making custom content, we'll keep accepting it

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#34 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 10:17 AM
Just in time for the Uni uploads - nice work

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#35 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 10:40 AM
"Return True and Standard Exit" cracked me up no end, because I'm geeky like that.

I'm not quite as deliriously happy about this new system as everybody else seems to be, but then again I'm a bit of a curmudgeon so it's probably just me being negative. I do recognise that considerable thought and effort has gone into this, though, and I appreciate that, curmudgeon or not.
Theorist
#36 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 6:02 PM
I hate to ask dumb questions when you are all so busy, but about how long does it take for a moderator to look over a Lot upload and approve it, assuming there is nothing wrong with it? Is it something that can be knocked out in 5 minutes? 10? 15? Longer?
Also, how big a backlog are you seeing, now that uploads have resumed?

I'm not trying to gauge your efficiency or anything like that. The first question is something I've always wondered about and the second one is pure curiosity.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#37 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 10:01 PM
I'm not particularly expert in lots, so if I look over a lot upload, it usually takes me about twice as long as it would a builder (which is why I very rarely moderate lots ). It's difficult to give an average for anything, though, because so much depends on the upload. The quickest ones are usually those which are bordering on perfect: Good pics, so we can see everything without squinting or hunting around, and clear info for the same reason; a great lot which looks good in every respect; and a lot with no included CC to check, can probably take just a couple of minutes. If there's complex feedback to give, then obviously it takes time to phrase that and type it up, and if there are lots of small niggly problems, then it takes a while to round them all up and double-check the "list". If we're having to check policies and so on for included CC, that adds quite some minutes to the process. I'd say that, for an upload which is easy to decide on, the basic process of going through and ticking boxes and writing comments and so on usually takes me 5-15 minutes. If I'm umming and erring and struggling to decide, then it takes a lot longer, especially if I decide to ask another mod's opinion. I would assume it's roughly the same for other mods, but I could be wrong. Of course, that's mainly based on my experiences with the old system - the new system is much faster for me, but then I've been blessed with a crop of fabulous uploads today.

We've had 70-80 uploads since turning the queue back on. We're getting through them much faster than we used to, but it's still rather manic . We've moderated about half of them, but some of those are now waiting for changes from the creators, so they'll be back waiting for us again shortly.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#38 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 10:54 PM
And I've just added an apartment building to the list, lol :D
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#39 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 11:09 PM
How are we meant to use the user cp to check the status of our upload? I just noticed it said that in the automated pm that comes once an item is submitted. Am I supposed to use the time on it to gage how long it’s been? It shows up as 1am USA time, is there some way I can change it to Eastern Australian time?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Rubric Wrangler
#40 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
It shows up as 1am USA time, is there some way I can change it to Eastern Australian time?

You can change your time zone using the "edit options" menu (through the user tools menu).

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#41 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 1:32 AM
Thanks, I didn't realize I didn't have that set. Now it shows I submitted it at 11.30 am.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#42 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 1:38 AM
It still seems rather baroque and complicated and daunting to me, honestly. I'm not really sure I can deal with it. There are easier ways to share stuff, so I might skip it. But there's no place I'd rather be than here, so we'll see.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 4:35 AM
Thank you for all of your hard work! :D

Just one thing. Is it still alright to put pay content in photos? http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=488087

Like, if I create another pose set and the hair is pay in the photos; since they don't need to download it or anything... is that still okay?
Scholar
#44 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 5:29 AM
Well I just uploaded a new mesh here, so I See how it goes.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 10:02 AM
Yes, Sleepy-Genius, that's still fine. All the old rules (barring the changes mentioned in the news post) still apply as before.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Yes, Sleepy-Genius, that's still fine. All the old rules (barring the changes mentioned in the news post) still apply as before.

Thank you.
Instructor
#47 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 10:03 PM
I think the new system will be a lot better, because the old system WAS very negative. I know people stopped uploading here because of it, and the wait time was annoying too. So, great for improving, although I wish it had been done sooner....say before Sims 3 came out. In any case, thanks for improving.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 11:58 PM
Have I told you lately that I love you? Just happy you're back up and running again!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#49 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 11:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
although special props go to the tiny genius who posted a simsecret mocking us for being so unpopular that nobody uploaded anything for a whole month.

Bless.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
#50 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 12:06 PM
More positive feedback, excellent idea! :lovestruc

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Page 2 of 5