Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 11:44 AM
Bay Windows
Hiya peeps,

It's good to be back, I see MTS is going from strength to strength.

OK, first, not sure if this is in the right place, this site is massive
(Please relocate as needed).

Anyway, I created two sets of bay windows for TS2:

Base Set

Expansion Set

Building this set on my own took months, and I would love to convert it to TS3.

To that end, I am asking if anyone wants to put together a team to convert it. (Many hands make light work). I simply don't have the time to be able to convert it by myself, nor the knowledge at the moment. Also, with the way the game now uses textures, a lot more colouring options can be added to the set...

Reply to this thread or mail me if interested.

Thanks

FifthAce2007

My Sims 2 creations are no longer supported. Regardless of what the individual post says, feel free to clone, recolour, chuck on a bonfire or mix in a blender! Just credit me/this site with the upload, and upload here only, thanks
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 2:52 PM
Well the longest part, making meshes, you have already done. That is part of what took months. If it is mapped well converting shouldn't take long, if it is repository it really won't take long since each one is mapped the same then already. You don't add color options to objects in game like ts2. You map it so it takes existing 256x256 patterns in game, and then decide how you need to tile it. So if you need the mesh to cover 512x512 then the tiling would be set to that, which you don't necessarily set your tiling as you clone an existing windows and use that. You also have a mask and specular which controls shine and any shading, which is why I said if your set was mapped well and used repository it wouldn't take long to convert.

This thread borders on not allowed, normally I would lock a thread such as this as we don't have a forum for forming up teams. However, you have your fair share of uploads that proves that you can do work so for now I will leave it open.

IMO, you don't need a team to do this. You know how to mesh, you just need to figure out the cloning tools for TS3. Have you looked through the tutorial by Ellacharm3d? Tutorials:TS3_Meshing_Tutorialswiki It covers just about everything you need to know, well parts need to be updated but with tools that are maturing daily that is to be expected. Don't be fooled by it's size, you could skim through the meshing area and some of the mapping as long as you pay attention to the texturing img parts.

If you happen to use Blender, the whole mask/specular part is crazy easy. My attempt failed but cmomoney and plasticbox both know much more.

If you haven't already attempted to try, I highly encourage you to do so.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 8:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
This thread borders on not allowed, normally I would lock a thread such as this as we don't have a forum for forming up teams. However, you have your fair share of uploads that proves that you can do work so for now I will leave it open.

Oh, has that changed then? I know there used to be a section for something very similar, where a group of people got together on a project, and on occasion, they would get their own forum just for that project only...

Anyway, the problem I have is my time is very limited these days. Also, due to a massive crash late last year, I have none of my original meshes, none of my Sims 2 package files/software etc. I would need to install all the games again, download my own packages, extract them etc etc. I don't have the computer space nor the time to be able to do any of that

I will certainly look into it however.

FifthAce2007

My Sims 2 creations are no longer supported. Regardless of what the individual post says, feel free to clone, recolour, chuck on a bonfire or mix in a blender! Just credit me/this site with the upload, and upload here only, thanks