Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2006 at 5:04 AM
Easy question, but I don't know how
I am trying to make a carpet in homecrafter, I have it in, runs in game, but I want recolors of it without it overwriting the original.. How can I do this?? Probably wrong forum to ask in, but I am trying to recolor a "build" item.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Jun 2006 at 5:16 AM
There's a tutorial on creating walls/floors/groundcover here that covers the basic functions of Homecrafter: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=147840

You'd basically just want to select the floor you want to recolour and then instead of choosing the plus sign to make new content, choose the button to the right of it to clone the selected content, then look down below the gridlines where it says "Texture to Edit:" and then modify that .bmp file however you want in your graphics editing program of choice. Repeat as necessary. (There's more discussion on pretty much this same thing in the thread if you need more info - a longer explanation I gave to someone wanting to splice two walls together).

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies