Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#13051 Old 23rd May 2024 at 11:13 PM
Pets isn't an interesting pack, but radio stations that came with it are the best of the series.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

My spiritual accountability website:
https://bequietnomoreyou.wordpress.com

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#13052 Old 24th May 2024 at 10:12 AM
As an animal lover I had to hard disagree there.
Mad Poster
#13053 Old 24th May 2024 at 1:17 PM
I love Pets, but it does feel unfinished.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Alchemist
#13054 Old 24th May 2024 at 2:14 PM
I love real animals, but I don't care for the Sims ones.
Theorist
#13055 Old 24th May 2024 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
I love Pets, but it does feel unfinished.
Especially considering that one of the developers who was tweeting a thread some time ago said that the (code for) pets were there since the base game. To me it seems that the only thing they did with the pack was the space-themed furniture and actual pet skins.
Mad Poster
#13056 Old 24th May 2024 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
Especially considering that one of the developers who was tweeting a thread some time ago said that the (code for) pets were there since the base game. To me it seems that the only thing they did with the pack was the space-themed furniture and actual pet skins.

Honestly, the atomic furniture just gives me the impression they spent more time on the new items than on the pets themselves.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#13057 Old 24th May 2024 at 7:22 PM
While we're on the topic, it really annoys me that the people who made AL decided to make a dog that is confined to a pen instead of a magic pet like dragons. The pets we already had could live in apartments, so why was this necessary?
Forum Resident
#13058 Old 24th May 2024 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
While we're on the topic, it really annoys me that the people who made AL decided to make a dog that is confined to a pen instead of a magic pet like dragons. The pets we already had could live in apartments, so why was this necessary?

It was a waste - have you seen this default to make it a rabbit pen? https://www.tumblr.com/deedee-sims/...ent-yet-another
Alchemist
#13059 Old 24th May 2024 at 7:49 PM
I don't think so. Thanks!
Mad Poster
#13060 Old 25th May 2024 at 2:04 AM
I remember once seeing a default replacement that removed the awful cage, but I think the file was missing from link rot.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#13061 Old 25th May 2024 at 4:24 AM
Some things just seem like they should have been SO obvious when making official game content, it amazes me that they're not included... today, it's an inverted version of the triangular floor-to-ceiling glass window. It would have allowed for so much more creative building design (and yes, I know it's available as CC, but that's not the point- it should have just been in the game from the start!)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Instructor
#13062 Old 25th May 2024 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo

Seriously, AL's content is kind of scattered. It's one of my favourite packs, but I don't know what witches have to do with apartments. I agree with the magic pet idea. That would have been way more interesting, and would have correlation with the witch concept. The dog pen object was so irrelevant and random that I hadn't even acknowledged it until now. :D

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.

My Simblr/
Mad Poster
#13063 Old 25th May 2024 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FuryCat
Seriously, AL's content is kind of scattered. It's one of my favourite packs, but I don't know what witches have to do with apartments. I agree with the magic pet idea. That would have been way more interesting, and would have correlation with the witch concept. The dog pen object was so irrelevant and random that I hadn't even acknowledged it until now. :D

I think that they were on the last expansion pack and thought, shit we haven't done any magic stuff yet; better stick something in. XD
Field Researcher
#13064 Old 25th May 2024 at 9:31 PM
I would've LOVED to have an expansion just for the magic stuff, and I would've loved it even more if it had brought back stuff from Makin' Magic. I think Makin' Magic and Superstar were the two expansion packs I always missed in TS2 and I'm sad the game doesn't have anything similar to them.
Instructor
#13065 Old 25th May 2024 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LauraPamplonaS
I would've LOVED to have an expansion just for the magic stuff, and I would've loved it even more if it had brought back stuff from Makin' Magic. I think Makin' Magic and Superstar were the two expansion packs I always missed in TS2 and I'm sad the game doesn't have anything similar to them.

That would be absolutely amazing! The Makin' Magic features would have been really awesome come to think of it. It would have made gameplay more engaging, at least for me. I've never played Sims 1, but from Let's Plays, I think Makin' Magic is one of my favourites. They generally had to expand the magic idea more in my opinion.

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.

My Simblr/
Mad Poster
#13066 Old Yesterday at 5:58 PM
So exciting when an idea you've had for ages, but haven't gotten to test out, actually works perfectly the first try!! I've stuck fire escapes on the outside of a lot of my urban buildings, just for decoration as much as anything, but a while back it had occurred to me that it could actually function in a skyscraper as a way of linking a penthouse apartment to a ground floor garage, without needing to waste so much space on internal staircases and extra elevators like I've done with a few other buildings!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#13067 Old Yesterday at 10:32 PM
Why do I feel like every time I'm kinda ready to do some more serious work on storywriting, my computer (or RL... but mostly computer) is like "hehe, nope!"

Laptop is at it again, with a random crash leading to even more Windows weirdness. I swear, this thing has been working against me ever since I got it... (pink-flashing game for a year, Windows update stuck for almost a year that caused extreme lag at least once every day, a Windows task that also caused lag every time it ran - had to nuke the entire process, and a few random crashes from absolutely nowhere that caused file corruption - the previous times it more or less fixed itself, not so sure now, but fortunately I've done a recent backup so I'm not too worried about my files).
Mad Poster
#13068 Old Today at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Why do I feel like every time I'm kinda ready to do some more serious work on storywriting, my computer (or RL... but mostly computer) is like "hehe, nope!"

Laptop is at it again, with a random crash leading to even more Windows weirdness. I swear, this thing has been working against me ever since I got it... (pink-flashing game for a year, Windows update stuck for almost a year that caused extreme lag at least once every day, a Windows task that also caused lag every time it ran - had to nuke the entire process, and a few random crashes from absolutely nowhere that caused file corruption - the previous times it more or less fixed itself, not so sure now, but fortunately I've done a recent backup so I'm not too worried about my files).

You need a RL equivalent of this lol. https://modthesims.info/d/416677/be...a-computer.html
Page 523 of 523