Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2016 at 4:19 PM
Default Sims 4 pay content
Anyone knows any site that shares pay content for sims 4 like the booty?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st May 2016 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pandie_
Anyone knows any site that shares pay content for sims 4 like the booty?

The Sims Resource does
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st May 2016 at 4:59 PM
Nope, T$R are still part of the pay deal, only disguising it as a method to rob people of their money if they want to cut down the minute-long wait between downloads (and other "premium" stuff). They were half pay-site not so long ago. The booty was part of the "resistance" against T$R and other pay/donation sites.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st May 2016 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Nope, T$R are still part of the pay deal, only disguising it as a method to rob people of their money if they want to cut down the minute-long wait between downloads (and other "premium" stuff). They were half pay-site not so long ago. The booty was part of the "resistance" against T$R and other pay/donation sites.

Oh, I misunderstood. I thought they meant sites that do charge
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#6 Old 21st May 2016 at 5:16 PM
I don't know of any actual pay sites for TS4 so they don't need the booty

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Theorist
#7 Old 21st May 2016 at 8:54 PM
I thought newsea still charges for his stuff?

(regardless it all gets recolored and uploaded on tumblr)
Instructor
#8 Old 22nd May 2016 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I don't know of any actual pay sites for TS4 so they don't need the booty

oh they are out there.

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#9 Old 22nd May 2016 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XtraSim
oh they are out there.

Yes, but they're not as obvious and in your face as TSR used to be. Most of the pay content for TS4 is hidden behind ad-fly links or is donation only. I *do* know there are tumblrs that share pay stuff but I honestly can't give any links because I don't know which they are.
Quote: Originally posted by Warren Zevon
If you want custom content that costs money, pay for it. Being a thief will get you nowhere in life.

In case you wonder why you're getting so many disagrees: While it's true that being a thief will get you nowhere in life, it's also true that NO creator for ANY of the sims games has a right to expect/demand payment for anything they've created. Feel free to disagree with me if you'd like, but that's the truth.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#11 Old 22nd May 2016 at 6:24 PM Last edited by Inge Jones : 22nd May 2016 at 6:45 PM.
I think creators have the right to create pay content based on precedent set by EA themselves who happily collaborated with paysites on various projects and entertained the representatives of such sites. Any company has the right to waive their EULA for certain cases. Unless we can elicit exactly which paysites received and did not receive such waiver we have no right to assume any pay creator is breaking the no commercial derived content terms.

But... wasn't debate about paysites banned on MTS a while back? If so, moderators should delete some of the posts in this thread including this one and one from a moderator :D

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#12 Old 22nd May 2016 at 9:47 PM
@Inge Jones
Ah, but I'm not debating anything. You expressed doubt that TS4 pay sites exist, someone pointed out that they're out there and I agreed with that based on what I've seen.
Instructor
#13 Old 23rd May 2016 at 12:24 AM Last edited by Drakron : 23rd May 2016 at 12:47 AM.
Yes, there are some TS4 paysites or content behind a paywall, its not as widespread as it was during TS2 days but it seems to be a few ... only site I am aware is Newsea.
Instructor
#14 Old 23rd May 2016 at 7:41 AM
there's more than Newsea i came across quite a few of them when i was googling for some SPECIAL content quite some time ago

there was this one site i was very tempted to pay to get into it but fortunately i found LL which is FREE

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
Smeg Head
#15 Old 23rd May 2016 at 9:18 AM
And what's the deal with that new-kid-on-the-block site Sims Workshop? Google the name alone, and all you get are endless links to TSR, so not the best choice of name.

At least half the download links give a little popup tooltip asking if you wish to donate. Saying type 0 in the box if not and then download. Okay, when I'm trying to download a recolour of a pair of shoes, which the original creator of the original shoes has made absolutely free on their absolutely free site, then they ought to be some super special darned re-colours if you expect me to donate.

And when I say expect me to donate, it's because when you select that 0 and proceed to download, it always but always brings you to an error page. Half the downloads have this donate tooltip, and every one of them to date brings you to an error page. Six-odd months of it now. A bit remiss of the IT team if it's a glitch. Or is it a way to get you to pay without asking directly?

The very idea that even if you did donate and still ended up on an error page with no download to show for it is exactly why they'll get no monies from me.
Instructor
#16 Old 23rd May 2016 at 11:24 AM
yep sounds like a scam site to make you donate otherwise it will show you a 404 error. seen plenty of sites like that in the past

Scholar
#17 Old 24th May 2016 at 5:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
And what's the deal with that new-kid-on-the-block site Sims Workshop? Google the name alone, and all you get are endless links to TSR, so not the best choice of name.

At least half the download links give a little popup tooltip asking if you wish to donate. Saying type 0 in the box if not and then download. Okay, when I'm trying to download a recolour of a pair of shoes, which the original creator of the original shoes has made absolutely free on their absolutely free site, then they ought to be some super special darned re-colours if you expect me to donate.

And when I say expect me to donate, it's because when you select that 0 and proceed to download, it always but always brings you to an error page. Half the downloads have this donate tooltip, and every one of them to date brings you to an error page. Six-odd months of it now. A bit remiss of the IT team if it's a glitch. Or is it a way to get you to pay without asking directly?

The very idea that even if you did donate and still ended up on an error page with no download to show for it is exactly why they'll get no monies from me.

I think that site is associated with Sims VIP (or maybe they started it). I know I think it's ridiculous that Sims VIP charge $9.99 for an EP game guide in PDF form when they used to be free. And you can get a lot more information without the unnecessary flashy graphics from Carl's for free. Speaking as someone who bought one and was mad at myself afterwards, because it was a total waste of money.

Sorry to go off topic there. The whole pay issue made me think of that.

I'm pretty sure though from skimming through Sims Workshop just now that Sims VIP is either behind it or a sponsor.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#18 Old 24th May 2016 at 6:52 AM
Sims Workshop? Had never heard of that site. Out of curiosity I tried a couple of downloads and typing 0/clicking download worked. BUT.. honestly? Stuff that can be gotten for free elsewhere (here, as a matter of fact) and you want people to donate? Nope. Don't think so.
Instructor
#19 Old 24th May 2016 at 7:47 AM
are they using paypal? should report them :P

Former Hamster
retired moderator
#20 Old 24th May 2016 at 3:53 PM Last edited by mustluvcatz : 25th May 2016 at 2:57 PM.
Hmmmm. I don't understand what there was in my post to disagree with. The files I downloaded there ARE available here (they're by the same person and were uploaded by them there) so why anyone would PAY for those files there is beyond me. Of course, that doesn't really matter since you don't have to pay. It's just strange to have it set up that way. Voluntarily donating to a creator because you want to is different from having to/being asked to make a donation for a specific download.

edit: lol @ the disagrees on this post. Look, if you think people have the right to charge for their creations - fine. It's obvious that I don't think so and I don't plan on debating the issue with anyone. So have fun!!
dodgy builder
#21 Old 8th Feb 2019 at 1:55 PM
You necroed a 3 year old thread to say that?