Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 9:55 PM
Problem: Custom Content only appears in Create-A-Sim
Certain custom clothing for some reason will only appear within Create-A-Sim which makes it completely inaccessible to any Sims after they've been created. It won't be available for purchase if I try to buy it at a store on a community lot. So far this seems to only occur with clothes that are separated into two parts, a top and bottom, that make up a full outfit such as a dress. I can't find a way around this and it's a bit irritating. Does anyone have a solution or work-around for this?
I'm playing Sims: Life Stories by the way.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 10:11 PM
Well, im not sure as i have never played Life Stories but maybe the downloaded CC will not show up as a buyable piece of clothing in a store
Scholar
#3 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 11:59 PM
Hello, I have had this problem with a couple of items of clothing myself, but they were dresses. Also, when I chose them as the formal wear option in CAS, they were replaced with Maxis dresses in the wardrobe. I never found out why though, sorry. As they were from here, I assumed it was due to the file server crash. I could be wrong though.

I couldn't find a solution or a workaround at the time. However, if it happened now, I would probably try to extract the textures and use them on another mesh, as I'm more used to making my own clothing by now.

I'm not playing Life Stories though, just Sims 2.

Sorry I can't be more help.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Apr 2013 at 5:50 PM
I have had similar problems myself: I tried to give Manuela ronnielas's Party Girl outfit. As you can see from the attached pictures, it looked ok in CAS, but in the game she was wearing something totally different.

What I think has happened is this:

Dizzy-Noodles and myself both started with The Sims 2 Double Deluxe (base game, Nightlife plus the Celebration stuff pack). Dizzy-Noodles has added Pets, but I still haven't added any EP's. (I know this from your posts about Moos Mews restaurant, Dizzy-Noodles!) The Life Stories are I believe based on a cut-down version of The Sims 2. So the three of us that are having these problems are all playing fairly basic versions of the game. Many of the creators on the other hand have most, if not all of the EP's. I suspect that, although they believe they have only used base-game meshes, they may have inadvertently included something from the EP's they hav. The version of CAS that we have is probably lifted straight out of one of the later EP's (possibly Free Time or Apartment Life). So we can see things in CAS that don't work in our game.

What do more experienced Simmers think of my theory?

If I'm right, we probably should let the creators of the clothing that doesn't work for us know (if they're still around).
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Apr 2013 at 6:31 PM
This mod works in LS, have you tried it out yet. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=225251
I don't have custom clothing in my game so I don't know if it will help or not.
Test Subject
#6 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 9:33 PM
I also had this problem. Make sure you put your clothes, hair, makeup, etc. into a Downloads folder, NOT Collections! (You have to make it in Electronic Arts/The Sims Life Stories) Poof! They'll show up. I really like the download mentioned above.

(sorry for bringing this thread up..) (