Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 8:35 PM
Please help me build an Earthship!!!
I am wanting to implement Earthships into my game but it is going to take a lot of advanced CFE. You may be asking what the heck is an earthship? So I am putting in a link for an example http://www.greenhomebuilding.com/earthship.htm For some reason when I use CFE when trying to make layered flat roofs I can't put walls inside my houses I also tried following directions on how to build a house in the ground and that was an epic fail to . If anyone has some advice or links to some tutorials that would help me accomplish this I would be very grateful!

Oh I almost forgot does anyone know of a rounding tool for walls or has anyone one made pre-made rounded walls???

Thanks,
Meg
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 10:47 AM Last edited by Volvenom : 29th Jan 2012 at 1:43 PM.
I have seen rounded columns or windows, but not walls. If you want to use the basement tool, you do have some options, but not a lot. we have some thread here on this site where we take to piezes a korean guys houses. I'll see if I can find some links for you.

Just an important notice. What you do first and then number 2 and so on, is very important. Like the inside walls may have to be put in first. It all depends on how you want to make your house. Planning is crucial. So is trial and error.

The Korean, "Domangcop": http://blog.naver.com/PostThumbnail...ntCategoryNo=11

The same structure desected here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=430919

I made a tutorial on the structure here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_ZamoY6lWI
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 5:47 PM
Thank you very much, I am sure this will help me with my creation!!! If anyone sees something like on this link but for Sims3 http://www.all4sims.de/board/filebase.php?fileid=3824 please let me know.

Thanks again,

Meg
dodgy builder
#4 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 11:27 AM
Luna has lots of these pieces. You need to make them work for you. Like sims go through walls and windows because they are really straight and columns. You may still get it to work. It's a 6 piece modern design set.

http://lunasimslulamai.jimdo.com/rebujito/
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 2:05 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
This forum is for help building, not a WCIF. If your looking for objects to build with please use WCIF.

HugeLunatic,

In my post I am asking for help in accomplishing my build or rather some direction on help with CFE, mainly for building an Earthship which is an underground house. I have no clue what WCIF is... I only added the part about the rounded walls at the end of my statement, because it would help in making my Earthship oh so much more better. What is WCIF? I am only now joining in the forums and don't understand how it all works. I have been a member of MTS for several years but never bothered trying to build something other than an ordinary house well I am bored with that and want to make new and exciting things and possibly start uploading.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#7 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 6:07 PM
Yes, I know your original post was asking for help in building, which volvenom gave some good links for. I'm pointing out that this forum isn't to be used for asking where to find things, as you asked for in your second post. =)

WCIF means Where Can I Find, which you can find in Help > Where Can I Find...? in the top nav bar.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Luna has lots of these pieces. You need to make them work for you. Like sims go through walls and windows because they are really straight and columns. You may still get it to work. It's a 6 piece modern design set.

http://lunasimslulamai.jimdo.com/rebujito/

Awesome thank you so very much!!! You have been the greatest help!!! I really appreciate those links for the that underground house because that is exactly what I was trying to accomplish and couldn't until you sent me those tutorials. I spent the entire day yesterday building my first Earthship and I have to say that it isn't to shabby at all. I think I am starting to get the hang of CFE except when it comes to roofing and making those multi layered flat roofs that you see on modern houses. I'm hoping that one day QBUILDERZ or Flabaliki will post a tutorial on it, unless of course you have done something like this... What I am meaning is like the roofing in Ambit Arches by QBUILDERZ. Anyway you have been an amazing help and I thank you very much!!! :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 6:12 PM
Yes, I know your original post was asking for help in building, which volvenom gave some good links for. I'm pointing out that this forum isn't to be used for asking where to find things, as you asked for in your second post. =)

WCIF means Where Can I Find, which you can find in Help > Where Can I Find...? in the top nav bar.

Ah ok thank you very much!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 6:18 PM

I found it thank you again!!! So I take it if I have any questions on where to find a tutorial or a special object that is where I go? Is that also where I go to ask for help with understand advanced CFE when I run into another problem?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 7:33 PM
You can ask any questions to do with building techniques here, or how to achieve a particular building style. But if you want to know where to get windows or furniture or wallpaper or a tutorial then ask on the WCIF forum.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
You can ask any questions to do with building techniques here, or how to achieve a particular building style. But if you want to know where to get windows or furniture or wallpaper or a tutorial then ask on the WCIF forum.

Ok thank you, I understand now!
dodgy builder
#13 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Meagan Jo
Awesome thank you so very much!!! You have been the greatest help!!! I really appreciate those links for the that underground house because that is exactly what I was trying to accomplish and couldn't until you sent me those tutorials. I spent the entire day yesterday building my first Earthship and I have to say that it isn't to shabby at all. I think I am starting to get the hang of CFE except when it comes to roofing and making those multi layered flat roofs that you see on modern houses. I'm hoping that one day QBUILDERZ or Flabaliki will post a tutorial on it, unless of course you have done something like this... What I am meaning is like the roofing in Ambit Arches by QBUILDERZ. Anyway you have been an amazing help and I thank you very much!!! :D

np This house? http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=445701

That's just a basically a bridge using cfe. Then you remove the foundations or walls you don't need and is left with the roof, or you can build a room with a wide bridge on top and then you have your room with a rounded roof. The tricky part is to get 1 wall hight with a foundation. One way to do that is putting up a regular wall. Put ground as close as you can. Then you can only have ground 3/4 up the wall. Put a foundation on that 3/4 wall high ground and you have a foundation as high as the regular wall. Then you just drag it out.

I think it may be tricky to build the roof with regular walls. So you may have to replace the foundations once the walls are up. Be careful what you do though, or all your work is in vain. Don't forget to put the decoration on your roof up before you start twisting the roof.

Here's a bridge tutorial by simsupply. It will help you along in the beginning: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V4Ux5tp0dw
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 10:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
np This house? http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=445701

That's just a basically a bridge using cfe. Then you remove the foundations or walls you don't need and is left with the roof, or you can build a room with a wide bridge on top and then you have your room with a rounded roof. The tricky part is to get 1 wall hight with a foundation. One way to do that is putting up a regular wall. Put ground as close as you can. Then you can only have ground 3/4 up the wall. Put a foundation on that 3/4 wall high ground and you have a foundation as high as the regular wall. Then you just drag it out.

I think it may be tricky to build the roof with regular walls. So you may have to replace the foundations once the walls are up. Be careful what you do though, or all your work is in vain. Don't forget to put the decoration on your roof up before you start twisting the roof.

Here's a bridge tutorial by simsupply. It will help you along in the beginning: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V4Ux5tp0dw

Sweet more helpful hints!!! Thanks again!!! I have been doing nothing but watching and reading tutorials for days and of course building yet another house...
dodgy builder
#15 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 5:26 PM
Great! Good luck. Nothing of this is easy, so if you can make this house you can be really proud of yourself.
Test Subject
#16 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 1:18 AM

I dont know about you guys, but whenever I go to a forum, I always go directly to the fifth option in the miscellaneous section of help in order to familiarize myself with obscure genre specific acronyms.

OP, I'm a fan of earthships. Your idea is cool. I am trying to make a basement colony myself, sorta like sim jail or a sweatshop. I know its not terribly noble, but to be fair my sim is 'evil' & 'insane', the point though is the self sufficient part is so much fun to try and figure out. Would love to see pics of your work.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by neurosys
I dont know about you guys, but whenever I go to a forum, I always go directly to the fifth option in the miscellaneous section of help in order to familiarize myself with obscure genre specific acronyms.

OP, I'm a fan of earthships. Your idea is cool. I am trying to make a basement colony myself, sorta like sim jail or a sweatshop. I know its not terribly noble, but to be fair my sim is 'evil' & 'insane', the point though is the self sufficient part is so much fun to try and figure out. Would love to see pics of your work.

If you go to this forum I was trying to learn how to upload the pictures so they are way down the first page http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/495614.page

One of these days I will attempt another one, right now I have another project going on. My first attempt took about 8 to 9 hours start to finish using one of the tutorials that are above in this thread. My ultimate goal is to get a real good alien world going with underground housing and what not...