Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 7:12 AM
Default Drake Militant: Alpha
What is war to you? What does it do for you? Why do you try to support it? Why do you try to fight it? Is it worth a life? Was it worth leaving home? Everyday I think these thoughts, wondering if I should continue on. Wondering if I should flee and try to run home. But what home? When I left my parents promised me I would never return there.

I left to join my nation's military, and since all of those questions haunt me. I wonder to myself, "Am I the only one who thinks this? My brothers fight with pride and honor." Though I'm not blood related to them, we make it look and sound as if we were. Then I think, about my real brothers, and my little sister. "Did I make the right choice leaving them?" "Do they hate me?" "Am I the shadow i feel like?"

I am but 16 and yet I fight as a soldier, in many nations I'd still be in school. Am I fighting for, what I'm told I'm fighting for? That question, will never be answered. Every soldier asks that, of his lord, of of his friends. But I must be fighting for what I believe I am. My Brothers, not much older then I, have feared the possibility of our nation falling to the American-Russian Empire. All my family that died so that I, as a kid, am treated the same as an adult. A tenant that the Americans, and the Russians would see destroyed.

But as the lead of my brothers, I need stand strong against our enemies, hide my thoughts, so that they cannot think as I do. Our homeland being not half the size of the United Kingdom stands as the final defense against American-Russian World supremacy. My home city, lies in the center of the nation. That of which was expected to be attacked.

I returned home yesterday, stayed in a hotel for the night. When I woke, I changed quickly out of my fatigues, and hurried to the door. I opened it and a young girl stood on the other side. She looked similar to myself, very bright blue eyes, her eyes were brighter then even my own. Her hair, Black as the night sky, and went to her shoulders, then began to curve outward. How it bent and the color of her hair, it was a sight of beauty. In her hair she had a blue flower, it rested by her left ear. Her hands lay behind her, she used one hand to grip the wrist of the other hand, which held a letter.

"Captain Cyril?" She asked. Her blue eyes looked up at me, mostly covered by her hair though. Her voice was very soft, i could barely hear what she was saying.

But i Replied, "Yes ma'am, and who might i ask you are fine young lady?"

"Aliena." How she pronounced it, I knew her. That voice, the eyes. How could I have been so blind. From the second I saw her I knew her, but i doubted it. How could I be such an Idiot to doubt it, And now here she is.

-Kiledude

I will post Bravo either tomorrow or later on tonight. Thank you for reading.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 9:13 AM
Default Bravo
Note From Kiledude: This is a countinunce to Alpha and is not a completely differnt story. These are each summaries of an acctual story that i am writing. Bravo is the 2nd Chapter of the book.

Aliena, My own sister. Damn myself, I doubted the possibility of that being her. My mouth opened slightly, not wide, but slightly. A tear came from my eye. I tried to hide it, but she had already seen it and asked in that same soft voice. "Whats the matter Cyril?"

"I... I... I... Never thought I'd... see you again." I was stumbling the words out of my pathetic mouth, as I glanced at her. My mouth still was opened.

"Mom and Du heard you returned to town. They have a letter for you." Her hand that was holding on to her other wrist was now moving back to her side. As it moved she had the hand with the letter moving towards me. "You should definitely read it."

She held the letter now at her chest. I knew she wanted me to pay for both the letter and how long I've been gone. So I stepped forward, I took my right hand to grab the letter. My other arm moved to circle her, she mimicked the movement. When my hand reached the letter she let go and immediately backed away. Showing a fearful look, she looked to her right, then I too looked, and there stood, a girl I had not seen since I left. When I left a year and a half ago, she was my girlfriend. I could recognize her by looking at the hair color. No other girl I've ever met had Black hair as short as hers, with 2 extremely long strands, one blue and one pink.

"I think she deserves it more then I, Cyril." Aliena was still looking at her as she said it.

"Mariah, You... but... I thought... I thought you hated me?" I said looking at the girl with the 2 strands.

"I do and I don't, all depends which part of you were talking about." She tilted her head to the right a little. The Strands moved as if there was a weight at the bottom as the fell back to a straight down position. "I hate your guts, not your heart."

I walked up to her, Before I knew what was going on, her arms were around me. "I'm sorry for leaving you. It was wrong of me." I wrapped my arms back around her.

"I shouldn't have said what I said to you, maybe you wouldn't have left. I deserved what i received and you received what you needed."

"But it still isn't what I wanted." Aliena stepped over to us and threw her arms around me as well.

I let go, as did the two girls. I brought the letter to my stomach, then reached into my left pocket and took out a pocket knife. It had a cross on it. Not like a religious cross though. It was as known in other nations a compass star, to the Drakes Empire though, It was our hope. I took the Knife and carefully cut a slit in one side of the envelope. Then put the knife back in my left pocket, and opened the envelope. There was a single piece of paper. It had writing on it. The ink was blue, and in very fine cursive.

Dear Cyril,
We heard you came back to town, Your mother and I told you the day you left, You will not return here. We will remain strict about it. As stubborn as Aliena is she will not return to the house without you, so you can keep her. I could care less about anyone who sides with you. Enjoy your remaining time, you will die fighting, whether you like it or not. This is why I will shoot you if you come on my land.

Your loving parents,
Mom and Du

-Kiledude

Charlie will probably be posted a little later but I may take a break and just post it tomorrow. I plan to try to create a sim to replica Aliena, and possibly Cyril. Mariah is a lost cause, because i cannot mesh the two strands for her.
Thank you for reading, hope you enjoy the rest of the book.

Words Translation
Du - Drake slang for Dad.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 1:34 AM
Default Sorry
Sorry to everyone who was following this series, I had to go inactive for a while, I am back now though. Un-fortunately though, Bravo-Tango chapters were deleted because of a virus on the computer holding them. Alpha and Uniform-Whiskey were written on a different computer so I am going to try to re-piece them all together and re-write Bravo-Tango. As soon as I have them re-finished I will continue the story on here. Then i will finish the book with X-ray, Yankee, and Zulu which have not yet been written. The process will take a while because I was drafted to help write a book about prison break out. But I will try to post them as soon as possible.

Sorry again.