Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Dec 2007 at 6:58 PM
Default Editing Surface Object to stop food spoiling?
I've had a scour through the O4B chiller cabinet - there's clearly something in it somewhere, or a reference to a global BHAV that prevents food placed in it from spoiling but I can't for the life of me see it!

My hope was to dig out whatever that was and apply it to a regular table, having drawn a completely blank after many attempts over the past couple of years or so to do *something* useful with buffet tables, the next best thing seemed to be to start with a blank canvas table that could be prepared in advance with any food and decorated with any small deco objects. All good in one sense but it does rely on the food placed on it not spoiling!

Can anyone point me in the right direction of some edit that would do this?

www.parsimonious.org
Artists - Get your own Studio! Always be featured!
Advertisement
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 8:59 AM
Best I can see... Possibly the food's "[semi] attribute 0x0011 ("State Flags") Flag Set? flag# Const 0x2013:0x06 (Value: 0x0006)"? If that flag is set, or the food is in a display case, then instead of being set as spoiled it gets set to new... But that's just from a quick read of the food code, I haven't tested anything...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 12:01 PM
Thanks Echo, you treasure you! That sounds like its well worth a try, there really *ought* to be some way of resetting the age of items placed within a particular container. Will give it a try or few and see if I can get it to do anything!

www.parsimonious.org
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Dec 2007 at 6:04 PM
Well, re-visiting this project I think this is a bit beyond me, no idea which bits to pull into the table to have it also work as a display case, without bringing unwanted shopper routing bits as well and presumably with it being set as a display case also precludes Sims from using it as a regular table?

www.parsimonious.org
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#5 Old 11th Dec 2007 at 6:18 PM
Well I have a non-spoiling buffet table patch. Dunno if maybe you can get some usable stuff out of that for your project?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Dec 2007 at 10:54 PM
Aw Inge, that's kind of you to offer - I think for the time being I've made a decision to stop beating myself up with buffet tables and put it to one side in the spirit of accepting the things I cannot change lol!

I know that there are customized ones out there but gawking at someone else's hard work to see how its done and then copying it with no real understanding just feels so unsavory! I guess if I concentrate on learning some basic modding then the penny might drop eventually

I did manage to make some none spoiling chocolates so starting with the food didn't seem to be as major a challenge, but I was really hoping to be able to get the table to take any foods, not just custom ones so starting with the table seemed necessary but its definitely got a 'no go' aura about it. Certainly it sounds like editing the table to do what I want is probably just as difficult and mysterious as editing a regular buffet table seems to be.

www.parsimonious.org
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#7 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 9:48 AM
Yes I think it would be easy enough to just get a table to stop food placed on it from spoiling - in the table's main loop you would check for anything in its slots and then use the suggestion from Echo above to directly set its state flag. Could be done just once an hour probably. But to make the table also act as a display case from the sales point of view... no idea.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)