Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#226 Old 5th May 2008 at 3:20 PM
great tutorial... mega helpful! and oh so easy to understand for my confused little brain
Advertisement
Test Subject
#227 Old 8th May 2008 at 7:02 PM
Thanx for ur tutorial,so simple to learn.

I am not 100% fluent, but at least I am improving.
Test Subject
#228 Old 9th May 2008 at 1:47 PM
Default Thank you!
You can now officially claim your tutorial is foolproof! I just managed to recolor a dress! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#229 Old 11th May 2008 at 2:17 AM
Thanks for the tutorial!
It's the first time I try to do something for Sims by myself :D
Really cool for noobs like me!!
Test Subject
#230 Old 11th May 2008 at 2:29 AM
Default The tutorial is easy to learn...
It was really easy to learn, and useful. But I had a problem, I had used Image Ready on photoshop and it didn't work.
Test Subject
#231 Old 17th May 2008 at 10:01 PM
wow that was so easy i thought you would need simPE. Sorry if i sound dumb im new to all this

Sophiie
Test Subject
#232 Old 27th May 2008 at 7:45 PM
Default Thanks!
thank you so much for writing this! it helped a lot and you made it perfectly clear to understand! thank you :p
Test Subject
#233 Old 29th May 2008 at 12:56 PM
FROR THOSE ASKING WHERE TO GET PhotoShop!

I think it's available in shops.

But there is a free software you can use: GIMP

http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

this works just as well, but I don't think Hue/Saturation is in the same place, but it should be easy to find

Hope I Helped!
Test Subject
#234 Old 31st May 2008 at 1:04 AM
What do you do if you want to make it different colors? Do you use "paint" or what?

:)
Test Subject
#235 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 10:07 AM
not working
Quote: Originally posted by Faylen
Every single one of these questions is answered in the thread. I redesigned the tutorial specifically because this type of question kept coming up, so that they would be answered pre-emptively. Don't just skip through stuff, read and look at the images. Everything is there.

Help
i did all that
but when i put a project name and tick it
it doesnt do anything
its like its not there
Test Subject
#236 Old 2nd Jun 2008 at 7:25 PM
Thank you for this tutorial. I've been dinking around but was held up by lack of information. You've helped a lot. Thankyou for your generosity. Curly ann
Test Subject
#237 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 7:04 PM
Thank you sooooo much! i have been asking around for a while on how to do this sort of stuff!! thanks!
Test Subject
#238 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 10:42 PM
Default Thanks! Weee....
Finally! Couldn't stand any of the male swimwear that came with the game. I'm new to all this, but have to say I'm off and running after reading your tut. Did try out some little fun things with textures and motifs & using a couple of photos I had for such.... (Always wanted a dress the colour of that silky yellow poppy I found by the road side. Pity it would probably not suit me in rl.) Quite pleased with the results so far. Thanks Faylen! Time for the next tutorial....
Test Subject
#239 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 3:47 PM
When I try to export, nothing happens. I've waited an hour and it doesn't do anything.
Test Subject
#240 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 8:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cadd_Gogg
Hi, I've followed all the rules and now i go to save in photoshop and it my other files don't come up and down at the bottom it will only let me see psd* files and won't let me change please help!

Hi, Theame happened to me at first but i changed it to .bmp then i deleted the origonal file and rename the one i edited to make it the exacted name of before make sure you dont have the bottom "save with origanal copy" on otherwise it won't work hope this helped!!!!
Test Subject
#241 Old 16th Jun 2008 at 9:49 PM
Default Wow!
OOMMMGGG!!! this is SO cool! Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#242 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 3:52 PM
Default Two programs, none work right
Ok, I've read the tutorial and I've done it before, it's really basic. But I have a problem. I have two programs, one is paint, the default for my computer, and the other is Microsoft PhotoDraw. Here is my problem; paint, while having a perfect sized viewing screen, is pretty basic, with no way to color something unless it's this huge block of color. on the other hand, PhotoDraw has many options that are fantastic to use for this type of thing, with tinting, shading, and can view multipul pictures at the same time. But the viewing for anything like clothing, I can barely see a sixteenth of the picture at one time and it doesn't let me zoom out any more than that. I want to get a new program, but my parent's think these two are enough, but I can barely accomplish what I'm trying to do when I'm recoloring stuff in either of these. Any help?
Test Subject
#243 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 2:40 PM
Thanks!
I've wanted to learn to create my own custom content, but never had the courage to really begin. I've tried this tutorial a few times, and it's really good and helpful! As a person who barely knows what "mesh" and "recolour" mean and who doesn't speak English as her first language, I could still understand this tutorial perfectly. So thank you!
Test Subject
#244 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 8:08 PM
omg... thank's ! :lovestruc

i had been looking for tutorials,
but never found any like this !

it was so easy to understand,
even for me, that also don't have english as mother lang..!
Test Subject
#245 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 7:39 AM
Ummmmm... How might one make an invisible clothing object? The tutorial didn't seem to explain.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#246 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 8:52 PM
Tragom, this tutorial isn't -about- making invisible clothing
You'll need to learn about alphas, which is probably a few tutorial levels up from this.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Field Researcher
#247 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 5:31 PM
thanks so much!
Recoloring scared me, I thought I would need to do things with meshes and 3D rendering. Then I read your tutorial and was so excited. "All i have to do is edit a bitmap !?! I can do that in my sleep!" I made 5 decent recolors already, it was so easy. I'm going to make a recolor mega-set and submit it, hopefully next week!
Test Subject
#248 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EspeonDark
am i screwed if i dont have photoshop?

no you can use any editor that has a Hue/Saturation tool
Test Subject
#249 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 7:46 PM
thanks for the tut, i made a green shirt and jeans set wit a ninga silhouette
Test Subject
#250 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 2:48 AM
Graaaagh. Thank you anyway, I'll just google it. Though, the title is somewhat misleading.
Page 10 of 15