Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 4:07 AM
Recoloring objects
Hi Im new to all of this, and I was wondering how you recolor objects..like bedding, and flooring, furniture. I have a sims 2 program but it only lets me edit make up, skins, clothes, but not objects. Any suggestions?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 8:13 AM
Hello,
If you want to recolor objects, you'll need this program. Download it at :
http://sims.ambertation.de/

Take the 1.4 version that is the latest i think. You'll need a viewing program too but it is wrote in the explanations.

Hope i have answered your question.

Citygirl
The ModFather
retired moderator
#3 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 8:05 PM
And take a look at this tutorial

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th Jan 2005 at 5:42 AM
Default recolour more complex objects
Hi
I must say that this new tut is brilliant and I'm having tons of fun with it. Is there an equally brilliant (easy for blondes) one for combining dirty and clean state objects?
Thanks
Urshekke
The ModFather
retired moderator
#5 Old 18th Jan 2005 at 9:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by urshekke
Hi
I must say that this new tut is brilliant and I'm having tons of fun with it. Is there an equally brilliant (easy for blondes) one for combining dirty and clean state objects?
Thanks
Urshekke

If I'm not wrong, currently SimPE supports clean/dirty objects, so you don't have to do nothing special (beside modifying two textures, instead of one).
But remember that the counters are still handled uncorrectly by SimPE; you can recolour bathroom items, though.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 18th Jan 2005 at 9:50 AM
Default recoloured objects
Hi
I had a problem with the clean/dirty aspect when making a toddlers high chair.
The object shows up transparent in the buy mode and solid blue in the game. I end up with 2 packages, one dirty and one clean and I'm not sure how to combine them into one working packing. Could you let me know how?
I'm sure that once again I'm trying to find the most complex answer to an easy solution, so any assistance would be most welcome
Ursheke
Field Researcher
#7 Old 18th Jan 2005 at 9:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by numenor
If I'm not wrong, currently SimPE supports clean/dirty objects, so you don't have to do nothing special (beside modifying two textures, instead of one).
But remember that the counters are still handled uncorrectly by SimPE; you can recolour bathroom items, though.

It does Numenor but it is not pullingall the files correctly. Many items, counters for example only get 2 not 4 files

Come visit www.variousimmers.net where my original objects and recolors now reside. The site hosts many other creators, moddres and developers.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#8 Old 18th Jan 2005 at 12:07 PM
I know about the counters, as I've specified in my post; to be exact, SimPE currently can't handle recolours that need more then 1 MMAT for each state.
But I thought that objects like the hich chair woulb be handled correctly by SimPE (there's only 1 "clean" MMAT and 1 "dirty" MMAT), but it seems that I was wrong.
I will take a look at the high chair.
If anyone has problems with other clean/dirty objects (except for counters...) please let me know.
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 3:00 PM
hi, i have read the post, and im wondering, how to download the SimPE thing, as it doesn't say on the website.
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 3:04 PM
i was also wondering, do you need internet to do the recolourings? Cos the computer with the sims 2 on doesn't have internet on, and i also don't know how to get my sims onto thsims2.com exchange :taekwondo :kami: :bump: :Pimp: :howdy: :confused: :smash:
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 11:58 PM
Okay how about in a word document or wordpad or textpad? A format that is more universal? Then I may use this tutorial also.

Thanks,

Pckeekri