Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 9:11 PM
Default set of wall/floor/ground covers
attached are wall/floor/ground versions of the neighborhood terrain options (lush, desert, concrete, dirt).
I plan to upload them to Downloads section of this site. not sure what to tell there. and not sure where in the Downloads section to upload.
have not yet took pictures; not sure what the standards would be.

the files with "s" in the filename; they are solid equivalents of the terrain.
"st"; that file includes translucent equivalents.
wall files; some have "Miscellaneous" sub-sort and some do not. "(m)" is the difference in the filenames; those ones have "Masonry" sub-sort.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  terrain.zip (662.7 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 5:37 AM
Pictures, hon. You need to show pictures.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 12:18 AM
have yet to take pictures. found a page shortly after starting this thread.
are following the correct picture standards?
wall cover: at least 3 segments
floor cover: at least 2x2

and what are the picture standards for ground cover?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 7:01 AM
All the guidelines are in the same place: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ator_Guidelines
If you can't find specific details of terrain paint, I'd handle it like a floor.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 7:40 PM
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 10:09 PM
attaching pictures of the covers.
001; ground cover in the middle rows, floor cover in the outer rows; solid in rows 1 & 3, non-solid in rows 2 & 4.
002; translucent floors. lush, top left; desert, top right; dirt, bottom left; concrete, bottom right.
003; non-solid wall covers. lush, top left; desert, top right; dirt, bottom left; concrete, bottom right.
004; solid wall covers. lush, top left; desert, top right; dirt, bottom left; concrete, bottom right.

still not sure what to tell when uploading.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  terrain.zip (1.55 MB, 3 downloads) - View custom content
Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 11:02 PM
sorry if I am double posting.

added a TXT file; telling what I would tell when I upload.
picture files are still the same.

from the text file::
Quote:
PACKAGE files in set::
floor_s_terrain
floor_st_terrain
floor_terrain
terrainPaint_s_terrain
terrainPaint_terrain
wall_(m)_terrain
wall_s_(m)_terrain
wall_s_terrain
wall_terrain

filename meanings::
-"floor_": floor cover
-"terrainPaint_": ground cover
-"wall_": wall cover

-"_s_": solid equivalents; can be placed on any floor.
-"_st_": solid translucent equivalents; intended for "second" floor or higher.
-without either: non-soild equivalents; can be placed on any floor.

-"_(m)_": wall's masonry sub-sort
-without "_(m)_": wall's miscellaneous sub-sort
when installing either wall set, choose either the "_(m)_" file or the non-"_(m)_" file; both may produce duplicate swatches.

to install a PACKAGE file:: copy it to the Downloads folder.
the picture files and this file; copy to wherever.

if you wish to edit, use SimPE for the "_st_" floor file and the non-"_(m)_" wall files; the others can be edited with Home Crafter.
using Home Crafter with the "_st_" file; floor/floors would no longer be translucent.
using Home Crafter with the non-"_(m)_" files; wall/walls would no longer be in miscellaneous sub-sort.

if you wish to separate individual covers, first create copies of the respective file/files.

may include the content (or versions of the content) in any upload; as long as you give credit to me.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  terrain.zip (1.55 MB, 3 downloads) - View custom content
Instructor
#8 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 12:11 AM
I really like the terrain paints/ground covers. Very natural, not too busy but still a lot of texture.

I would recommend taking some more pictures to show them off better. You do have them covering the required area, but a little closer up would be nice to see the details better. Remember, we're allowed a lot of very large pictures, so you don't have to be as concerned with getting so many into the same screenshot.

When you write up your post, just say a little about what's included, really. This is a set of outdoor/indoor build pieces that work together to create a certain effect, so tell us a little bit about what that effect is and how to use these walls, floors, and ground covers to achieve that effect in our own games.

I also recommend, for the screenshots, checking out something like this mod to remove the red pause lines, or if you'd rather not have the mod in your game, just using your graphics editor to crop them out, and if you don't want to edit out the "testingcheats" number in the upper right corner you could always turn testingcheats off before you enter the lot for screenshots. Of course neither of these is crucial or anything, but you might find your pictures look a little more polished without these lines and numbers in the way.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 12:43 AM
I recommend using a screenshot program like Fraps and using a red line pause remover mod. You want your pictures to be as large as possible. Think also about how the sun/shade changes how they look. Take closer pictures since downloaders want to know exactly what they are getting before they download.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~