Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-From Plastic to Plaid- Men's Boxers Default Replacements

by Phaenoh Posted 25th Sep 2007 at 4:20 AM - Updated 10th Sep 2008 at 12:42 AM by Phaenoh

44 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 30 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Field Researcher
#26 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 3:37 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 1st Mar 2008 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
I'm very dissapointed that you wasted the opportunity for a great thread title. You could have called this 'From Plastic to Fantastic!' quite easily. Shame.

Your defaults are glorious.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#27 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by abitha
I'm very dissapointed that you wasted the opportunity for a great thread title. You could have called this 'From Plastic to Fantastic!' quite easily. Shame.
I was actually going for alliteration with the P's. This came out at the same time as my 'Braver Briefs' and I wanted to continue the alliteration play for men's undies threads. Also, rhymes that don't have the same number of syllables bug the heck out of me, and I'm not sure that I'd self-proclaim my work 'fantastic'. That tends to just be a little ballsy and immature. Glad you like my work though!
Field Researcher
#28 Old 4th Mar 2008 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
I was actually going for alliteration with the P's. This came out at the same time as my 'Braver Briefs' and I wanted to continue the alliteration play for men's undies threads. Also, rhymes that don't have the same number of syllables bug the heck out of me, and I'm not sure that I'd self-proclaim my work 'fantastic'. That tends to just be a little ballsy and immature. Glad you like my work though!

Yup, I understand, I was only teasing. :P
Inventor
THANKS POST
#29 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 9:57 AM Last edited by ScorpioMaurus : 22nd Jul 2008 at 1:02 AM.
Very cute thanks, I don't have a clue what EA was thinking when they made their texture for everything. There are very very few EA/Maxis clothes that I think are cute.
Test Subject
#30 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 10:10 PM
thanks, I also liked the download for kids, too. Have you made these for teens/elders yet?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 6:03 AM
I am totally loving your default replacements! They are amazing, and you deserve cookies for life! *grin*
Thank you so much! (:
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#32 Old 2nd Dec 2008 at 5:27 AM
I do recall thinking these looked like swimtrunks. I don't know how much I use them, probably not much. These look much better. Hopefully that means they will be used more.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 6:00 AM
Yet another I-didn't-even-know-I-wanted-it-but-am-so-glad-you-did-it thing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 23rd May 2009 at 4:38 PM
Since you claim to love "reading" :

this is awesome, I have spent far too much time delaying working on my World History II project and downloading your lovely defaults instead.
Test Subject
#35 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 9:56 PM
I am so glad to see defaults for those boxers. Now they don't just take up space in the catalog. Flannel boxers don't seem odd to me. I'm sure I've seen some in the RW for hens and... uh, roosters. Thanks so much. =^..^=
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 3:32 PM
I never could thank you as I must. Look, everyone, I'm freed now from these absolutely horrible ... bwahh ... these things that I just couldn't stand ... Thank you more and more ...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#37 Old 14th May 2010 at 6:21 AM
Yay! now my guys can wear boxers without the shirt! I don't get the obsession maxis seems to have with bad textures. Danke!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#38 Old 21st May 2012 at 5:19 AM
Thank you! I've never liked the maxis boxers (mainly because they look more like swimming trunks than boxers!)...and that was a problem since I prefer that my male sims wear boxers. Now I can finally give them some decent ones!
Test Subject
#39 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 4:49 PM
This is (probably) a stupid question, but is there a difference between the "Phaenoh-BoxerPJsAdded.rar" file, and the "Phaenoh-amBoxersVersion2.rar" file? I'm crazy enough to want both of your boxer versions in my game, so I was wondering if one of these two files is non-default. xD
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#40 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 5:39 PM
The only difference is that the waistband on V2 is darker. Both are defaults. If you have multiple defaults for the same thing, you can look into making a Bodyshop Copy of one or the other, basically turning it into regular CC.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 8th Sep 2013 at 11:33 AM
You are the best, Phaenoh. Can't believe I am getting so excited over a ten year old game. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 5:40 AM
These are so awesome! I know I've seen plaid cotton boxers before, and they make way more sense than the fugly Maxis ones. Yay!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#43 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 6:04 PM
Thank you for fixing these! I agree they do look more plastic than silky and I'm happy to replace them with version 2! Love the dark waistband. :)
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#44 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 12:33 AM
nice Look, I like Version 2 the best
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ganymede30324
Great job! With your creations, I've stopped cringing whenever I get to the defaults! Thank you!

Cringing because of WHAT?
Page 2 of 2