Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 9:25 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can somebody help me make sense of these crash logs? + "Kill Token - Sim - Loaded"
I'm playing the Ultimate Collection on Windows 10 and naturally I've run into a lot of crashing. I have 8GB of RAM, a good graphics card, I enough free space on my SSD to run the game, and I've properly installed the 4GB patch and done just about every other thing that's supposed to make the game run smoothly, however my game continues to crash at random times. I can't really establish a pattern for the crashing, and at this point I don't know if the crashing is due to a hardware issue or a CC issue. I'd really appreciate it if somebody could check my two most recent crash logs and point me in the correct direction if possible.

I've also been getting this weird "Kill Token - Sim - Loaded" message as soon as I load a family for as long as I can remember. I have absolutely no idea what it's from or if it could have something to do with the constant crashes so I've included an Object Error log from that as well.

I have a ton of crash logs so I can post more if necessary. Please let me know if I need to include more detailed system information or anything. Thank you!

Log No. 1

Log No. 2

"Kill Token" Object Error
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 9:42 PM
If you have "no sim loaded" from Boiling Oil that "kill token" message is normal. Read the documentation for details, but basically it's cleaning up a particular token that clogs up the data, producing unnecessary grit in the running of the program. It also suppresses the Superduperhug Bug if that code gets activated, so almost everyone has it these days. So check that you've got it, and if you do, you can eliminate that message from your concerns.

Somebody else'll have to help you with reading the error logs.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 9:44 PM
I think you have no sim loaded but didn't put on smarter EP check, if you go back to BO's page, read over the directions you will see this is needed and he links to it. You must have this for NSL to work.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#4 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 9:47 PM
1st and obvious:
Quote:
Application/module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\CSBin\Sims2EP9.exe
Application/module version name: The Sims 2 EP9
Application/module version: 1.17.0.66
System version: Windows NT 6.0
System memory: 4096 Megabytes total, 72 Megabytes free.
Application/module configuration: ReleaseSRT

you're running the Win10 and the (correct me if I'm wrong) Origin infested version of game (the Origin client always loaded) on the system with 4GB RAM. It screams for trouble with anything. Get more RAM, like MORE. 8GB at last. It's not like the game itself needs that amount - at best it shall use about 3.7 GB with LAA implemented, but Windows with all its bloated (did you trimmed it down?) glory will eat about 1.5, usually. Just for itself alone.

With SSD you won't feel that much (unlike HDD) because swapping is fast (and killing your SSD faster too) but really... 4GB is not usable amount of memory for anything contemporary.

The game itself is a bit erratic in that enviroment. Try run it in compatibility modes (try and error) "as admin", it's really, well... "erratic".

now, how this happen:
MemoryUsage: 3394652K
???
the game should not get that amount of memory, until you really (like *really*) throw something heavy on it.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 9:59 PM
Wow, I replied before coffee this morning and didn't even notice that memory usage, holy guacamoly. I think OP you need the Stand By memory done. Go look at the sticky threads in help, go watch the video on this by The Jessa Channel. She shows you how to set that up and stop that. That is one thing that will crash your game if let run wild like that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 10:58 PM Last edited by shixian : 29th Jan 2019 at 11:02 PM. Reason: ETA details
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
If you have "no sim loaded" from Boiling Oil that "kill token" message is normal. Read the documentation for details, but basically it's cleaning up a particular token that clogs up the data, producing unnecessary grit in the running of the program. It also suppresses the Superduperhug Bug if that code gets activated, so almost everyone has it these days. So check that you've got it, and if you do, you can eliminate that message from your concerns.

Somebody else'll have to help you with reading the error logs.

I don't have that, however immediately after posting this I realized the error was coming from Inteen! I deleted that mod last night due to a possible conflict and I haven't gotten the error since.

Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
1st and obvious:

you're running the Win10 and the (correct me if I'm wrong) Origin infested version of game (the Origin client always loaded) on the system with 4GB RAM. It screams for trouble with anything. Get more RAM, like MORE. 8GB at last. It's not like the game itself needs that amount - at best it shall use about 3.7 GB with LAA implemented, but Windows with all its bloated (did you trimmed it down?) glory will eat about 1.5, usually. Just for itself alone.

With SSD you won't feel that much (unlike HDD) because swapping is fast (and killing your SSD faster too) but really... 4GB is not usable amount of memory for anything contemporary.

The game itself is a bit erratic in that enviroment. Try run it in compatibility modes (try and error) "as admin", it's really, well... "erratic".

now, how this happen:
MemoryUsage: 3394652K
???
the game should not get that amount of memory, until you really (like *really*) throw something heavy on it.

I do have 8GB of RAM haha. I have the 4GB patch applied, but 8GB of RAM on my laptop. And yes, I'm using the Origin version.

I have no idea about the memory usage ;-; iirc I was setting uniforms for my sims at the time of that crash. I have quite a bit of CC (7gb total for clothes and hair) which I'm sure has something to do with it, but the number still seems excessive...

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Wow, I replied before coffee this morning and didn't even notice that memory usage, holy guacamoly. I think OP you need the Stand By memory done. Go look at the sticky threads in help, go watch the video on this by The Jessa Channel. She shows you how to set that up and stop that. That is one thing that will crash your game if let run wild like that.

Thank you! I think I tried that last year before I raqequit the game for about 6 months and it didn't seem to help (but there's a good chance I wasn't setting it up correctly). I'll give it a try again and report back.

Edit: I forgot to add - I have the game running right now and I've suddenly run into the pink flashing glitch. I haven't had to deal with this in a LONG time and I have no idea what's happened ;-;
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 11:32 PM
In that case, go grab No Sim Loaded and Smarter EP check now, its considered one of the essential mods. Do you also have No Corrupt death and No Unlike on delete?

Every couple of weeks I open the thumbnail folder and delete all the files inside to stop pink flashing.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
In that case, go grab No Sim Loaded and Smarter EP check now, its considered one of the essential mods. Do you also have No Corrupt death and No Unlike on delete?

Every couple of weeks I open the thumbnail folder and delete all the files inside to stop pink flashing.

Oops, I lied! Apparently I did already have No Sim Loaded. Don't remember installing that one haha, but I do already have Smarter EP Check, NCD and No Unlink as well.

Anyways, I set up the standby list command but my game continues to crash. I opened the resource monitor and standby memory was at 2000MB+. The process seems to be working though because it went back down to zero a minute later, but this is getting so frustrating ;-; I'm not sure what else to do about my game crashing.

I have another crash log here if anybody can help - the memory usage still looks REALLY high.