Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#126 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 1:54 AM Last edited by Dreamydre : 23rd Dec 2011 at 2:07 AM.
lipglosschaos, I have to drop out. My laptop got severely damaged on Tuesday and the monitor is literally completely broken in half from the bottom half. I have to get it replaced and installing my game with all the right custom content on the desktop computer would be a pain.

Quote: Originally posted by lipglosschaos
[CENTER]Form: 5
Headshot: 4
Body Shot: 4
Creative Shot: 3.5
Question: 4
Total: 20.5/25

Great job with your model. She’s beautiful and I love her curves. Very Brazilian. You lost a point in your creativity shot because (while beautiful) the shot looks awkward and without the title I never would have figured out what the photo was supposed to be about. I like your answer to the “Why were you chosen” question.

I found the answers very good. I liked it and it didn’t leave me wondering about it. The headshot was great I could see the Sim's facial structure finely without any form of problems. The bodyshot really shows the answer to the Question. It shows that although she is a bit curvy she can be beautiful. The Creative shot shows the artistic spirit through love. It is just neatly done and romantic.

The head and body shots are beautiful; I especially like how happy she is in her head shot. The creative shot – I know it is supposed to be her dancing with a partner – is set up awkwardly [it looks like he is sniffing her hair]. However, the aesthetics are definitely there so I still gave it four stars.

Your model’s smile in your headshot was a bit awkward to me, and the creative shot was interesting but I felt like it was done from an awkward angle. The body shot was lovely, though- but I can’t see the curves that you’re talking about. She seems quite lean and has the typical model stature.

DREAMYDRE:

Form: 5
Headshot: 3.5
Body Shot: 4
Creative Shot: 3
Question: 4
Total: 19.5/20

The head shot could have a bit more personality – she looks a bit bland in it – and your body shot was well done, but the last shot – although pretty and your standard model picture – was lacking some “oomph” to make it creative.

I absolutely love your model! Abbi is adorable and has some really nice features that I think go well with the heritage you gave her. Her profile was simple, and I just loved her body shot. For the creative shot however I docked two stars/points because while creative, the shot had a few too many problems with it. The water was too close to Abbi and blurred her too much to just ignore and the pose made her look awkward. Your answer to the “Why were you chosen” was EXACTLY what I was looking for and it just made perfect sense to Abbi’s background. Great job overall and I can’t wait for your round 2 entry.

I feel that some things were lacking and others were added to fill in for missing things (which surprisingly are not missing).How are you showing America in a New and vivid Way ? What are you doing to show it in this new way? How are you disproving the Pigfarm notion? Then with the Headshot, I gave it a 4 because It showed the sim neutrally and without so much content on her, which in turn allows us to see how she looks like. The Bodyshot really killed you because of that Tattoo. I think it was added there to fill in for something missing which to my suprise nothing is bad or missing. Then with the Creative shot I felt not much creativity in it. I feel as though your selected country isnt represented by your creativity shot or what your sim likes to do.

Abbi is very pretty, but I’m not a fan of the makeup or the expression on her face in her headshot. The cleavage also distracts me from her face. The creative shot is interesting, and I actually like the fact that she has a tattoo.

edit: I'm a little confused. I have two scores I'm assuming the latter scores are mine?

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Advertisement
Instructor
#127 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 2:52 AM
I think she mixed up some of the contestants

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
Test Subject
#128 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 7:57 AM

Thanks for the info sorry it was so lacking it's just I'm more of a person who answers what needs to be answered I don't go into detail much I'm more of an photographer then a writer so to speak and her creative image was simple because there's nothing glamours about were she lives most of these girls are feminine beauties my character was suppose to lack in that as she is a tomboy to match her living location. So I gave her a rough edge you say you want the person in the photo and that's her.

P.S The make-up issue is because most of my photography is with indie rock girls and tom boys so as you can imagine my make-up isn't glorious and neat most of it is rough.
Test Subject
#129 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 4:41 PM
A picture that shows your work. Briefly describe what it is that you do and why you love it

Just recently, I moved to Munich to pursue a modeling job in Elle Magazine. The other models and staff are very nice and are perfect for the occasional laugh. Everyone there is so kind and helping that it creates this cozy work environment. True, the things they sometimes make me wear are a bit embarrassing, but after I’m done pouting about the costume, we all have a laugh.

A picture that shows what you do to let off steam and have fun. Briefly describe how you got interested in this and why you love it.

My friends and I frequently have many late night outings. It’s a great way to socialize and relax. We may go out to the movies, have sleepovers(you’re never too old for sleepovers), or maybe even have a beer or two. Beer has been proven to lower stress.

A picture that shows what you do in your community to give back. Briefly describe how you got started and why you love it.

At least once a week, I volunteer at the orphanage. It’s kind of a family tradition that started with my grandmother. She was an orphan for several years until a gracious family came and adopted her. When she grew older, she volunteered almost daily at the orphanage, tutoring the kids and playing with them. She got my mother interested, and my mother got me interested. I continue to do what my grandmother did today. It gives you that warm, bubbly feeling when you see the kids’ faces light up when you come. I plan on adopting one of them when I settle down and get married.

A picture that shows a special talent you have that you work to refine. Briefly describe how you got interested and why it is important to you.

As a mentioned in my application, I have a love of literature. In college, my English teacher told me I have a wonderful writing style, and asked me if I had ever thought about pursuing a career in writing. I said no. But her question made me think about it, and I decided to submit my book to a publisher. They rejected it. So I sent it to some other publishers. They also rejected it. After that, I gave up on a writing career and decided to only write as a place to pour out the funky little creatures that accumulate inside my mind. Now that I’m modeling, there's little time to begin really refine my writing skill. While I’m no J.K. Rowling, being a professional author is my impossible dream.

What do you love most about the daily life you live? What makes your life happy and special?

I feel so blessed to be surrounded by such a wonderful life. Modeling is a rewarding job and I never feel over pressured by taxes and debt, and as a child, my life was filled with episodes of smiles and laughter. I have so many wonderful friends that my life is full of happiness today, too. Many people out there in the world today, including Germany, are barely scraping by. Also, in other countries, it is not uncommon that girls are abused and married off at a very young age. I feel very lucky to have a pleasant and safe life that many in other places do not.
Test Subject
#130 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 5:43 PM
Alex is very interesting to look at and lovely to boot! The only thing I’m not so sure of is her creative shot- is she wearing a bikini? Why is there a white baby grand piano in the middle of a park, and why is she playing it?

An insane wackjob decided there wasn't enough room in his house for a baby grand piano, so he decided to "donate" it to the park. One day, Alex felt drawn to the piano (I think she was possessed) and erratically played it despite how horribly out of tune it was. We have some real weirdos in this world.
The other one
#131 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 10:39 PM
Actually I've seen piano's pop up in the most random places...maybe it's not reached America yet but for a while there in the UK it seemed to be the popular thing to do in terms of street art (or something, idk). Somebody would plonk a piano down in a park/busy shopping street and people would just go up and play. A couple of years ago I watched a hoodied up kid who couldn't have been more than 14 stroll up and do a perfect rendition of a piano heavy Muse song (can't for the life of me remember which one now) on a purple piano in the middle of the high street.

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lipglosschaosForm: [B
5[/B]
The headshot was lovely, but why did you change the makeup in her body shot? The clownish eyeshadow just seemed out of place and stuck out a lot to me. The creative shot is beautiful.

The eyeshadow I use is base on world adventure egyptian eyeshadow, who we all know have problems with the game (can only be wear in everyday) I didn't realize it until I was going to resize it and my game is too heavy to be open again without crashing my laptop

My girl was in MAKE ME A MODEL! contest by missroxor

check out my facebook rp account and my tumblr for pictures
The other one
#133 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ngluvjj
The eyeshadow I use is base on world adventure egyptian eyeshadow, who we all know have problems with the game (can only be wear in everyday) I didn't realize it until I was going to resize it and my game is too heavy to be open again without crashing my laptop

There's a mod for that ...Sadly I didn't find it until it was too late for my first round entry

Talking of, I just realised I forgot to ask if I can submit mine late, Lipglosschaos? I've got other deadlines this week and just not been able to finish all the images.

Test Subject
#134 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ngluvjj

Really? I thought that your makeup was all cool and exoticy-ish. I guess I'm not really in on the "in" in fashion. Sigh...
By the way, great job! Leelavathi is awesome
Field Researcher
#135 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 6:46 AM Last edited by easypeaze : 24th Dec 2011 at 3:01 PM.
Default Round 2~Bonus
Work/School
This is my dorm at St. Andrews. This is where I have been working/studying for the last three years. I can't wait to put what I have learned into action with a real job!

Having Fun
I was sort of a wild child with an excess amount of energy and I didn't want football or knitting and one day as I was shopping with my mom I saw a martial arts studio and knew that was it for me. I have won several medals in my advancement in martial arts and currently am a second degree black belt.

Giving Back
Scotland is having an obesity problem and I offer my expertise in martial arts at a local community center. Exercise is important to maintain a healthy body and mind.

Talent
When I younger my dad gave me the bug for astronomy and him and I get together once a year and spend a weekend up in the Highlands of Scotland and for the whole weekend discover the universe. I keep up with it periodically at school but not as often as I would like. I know some would say that looking at stars is not really a talent but you really have to know the a lot in order to find what you are looking for and I have a knack for it.

What do you Love about the daily life you live?:I love learning new things and being in school offers me that pretty much on a daily basis.
What makes your life happy and special?:The giving of my time whether that be to my friends or my community which fulfills me completely and only intensifies my desire to do more.
Test Subject
#136 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 5:08 AM
A picture that shows your work.

My job at the cattle ranch is to look after the horses like feeding and grooming them and making sure there alright I even have a degree in being a vet so in case the horses get sick I could threat them myself. I have loved horses ever since I was a little girl so working with them is a fantastic job I really enjoy.

A picture that shows what you do to let off steam and have fun

Enjoying nature like camping and fishing are my favorite ways of letting off steam. Why because when I was little my father used to take me out camping sometimes we wouldn't even bother bringing food my father just brought his shotgun and we would be eating kangaroo for dinner.

A picture that shows what you do in your community to give back.

When I was little a nice lady called Margret Tilly opened a place were she would teach children who lived to far away from schools and parents were to busy to home-school them. I was her first student and she was a very nice lady but a couple of years ago she came down with bowel cancer and died to keep her legacy going on I grouped together a bunch of people from different parts of the outback and we now run her business and I am one of the teachers.

A picture that shows a special talent you have that you work to refine.

Painting I love it and I don't want to brag but i'm pretty good at it. I usually paint landscapes and single objects but i want to get in to portraits but right now it's my weak point. To help me with it the lady who cooks at the cattle station is actually a painter herself and she does portraits so we made a deal that i would teach her landscapes and she would teach me portraits.

What do you love most about the daily life you live?
It has everything I enjoy and I love the people I work with they are so friendly. Working in the outback is also very easy for me since I grew up here and it always feels like home. Choosing a modeling courier was very hard to. Soon I will be flying out to Sydney for a photo shoot but at least I know there somewhere I can go to that will always fill me with happiness.

What makes your life happy and special?
This job is one in a million working here is something not every body does and it makes me feel happy and special. My life is filled with adventure I sometimes think i'm living in a story book with the adventures I get into and things I see every day there are no worries in my life well maybe I worry whats for dinner. Living in the only country with red dirt is the biggest thing for me.
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
#137 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 7:33 AM
I don't want to upset anyone, but I think it's too late for bonus round now, it was open until December 24, so I guess some of you may be not scored. I think the host just forgot to update the main page.

For more Sims 3 stuff by me - visit Ace Creators
My FB Fan page - Elexis's Sims Stuff
My Simblr - ElexisSims
Test Subject
#138 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 10:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elexis
I don't want to upset anyone, but I think it's too late for bonus round now, it was open until December 24, so I guess some of you may be not scored. I think the host just forgot to update the main page.

how i told the host my entry would be late and it was real close to Christmas when she wanted them in she can't not accept it when I told her before the due date that it would be late.

Can the host please tell me if my bonus entry is counted for cause if not this competition is really starting to annoy me.
Lab Assistant
#139 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 11:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheesie
Really? I thought that your makeup was all cool and exoticy-ish. I guess I'm not really in on the "in" in fashion. Sigh...
By the way, great job! Leelavathi is awesome

Actually I thought so too
It's somehow cool to me :p

I don't have time for the bonus round my internet connection is being a until today

My girl was in MAKE ME A MODEL! contest by missroxor

check out my facebook rp account and my tumblr for pictures
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#140 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 1:52 PM
Bonus Rounds were due the 24th, no exceptions, so unfortunately, LovelyDia101, yours cannot be counted

I haven't gotten any scores yet for this round, but it'll only be a short post anyway because these entries are not due until January 13th. Please get them in as soon as possible- I don't want anyone to worry about it amidst all the Holiday mayhem, but I also don't want you all to just blow it off because you can. I'll be sending along information for Round 3 sometime today- this will be the easiest round in the competition by far.

Zebra Maxidress in 5 Colors

I made a tutorial! Check it out here.
Test Subject
#141 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 10:26 PM
Bonus Rounds were due the 24th, no exceptions, so unfortunately, LovelyDia101, yours cannot be counted

I haven't gotten any scores yet for this round, but it'll only be a short post anyway because these entries are not due until January 13th. Please get them in as soon as possible- I don't want anyone to worry about it amidst all the Holiday mayhem, but I also don't want you all to just blow it off because you can. I'll be sending along information for Round 3 sometime today- this will be the easiest round in the competition by far.

Eh shit happens what can you do

Some people are like slinkies not good for much but give you a smile when pushed down the stairs.
Forum Resident
#142 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 11:55 PM
I still think that is a stupid rule. Because it was xmas week and everyone has to work and so forth, but ya know I am a moaning bitch and moan about everything I possibly can lol

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#143 Old 27th Dec 2011 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyAwesome
I still think that is a stupid rule. Because it was xmas week and everyone has to work and so forth, but ya know I am a moaning bitch and moan about everything I possibly can lol

Something was brought up to me about this, but I did say it was due Christmas Eve. I'm sorry if you think that's stupid, but they're not worth that much anyway and if you are truly as busy as you all say you are then you shouldn't even be bothering with extra work in the first place.

Neither of you are being 'moany bitches'

The other one
#144 Old 27th Dec 2011 at 3:44 AM
...but they're not worth that much anyway and if you are truly as busy as you all say you are then you shouldn't even be bothering with extra work in the first place.

My turn to be a moany bitch:

1) Forgive me if I’m understanding it wrong but if the whole bonus round is complete we get 5 points? In the first round there was only 4.5 points between the top and bottom score. So no, 5 points on their own isn’t a lot but it can still make the difference between first and last place! That’s why some people (myself included) complained about it.

2) To the second part of the quote: The first round is an intro but still usually sets the tone for the rest of the contest. Many probably signed up expecting a standard 2-3 pic per round contest based on your first round and will probably have figured that into their schedules...I don’t think any of us expected to have to find time for 8 pics and a fair bit of text. I hesitantly put my entry in just after you posted the second round but only because I’d already put all the work in and in all honestly, I fully expected you to rethink the requirements after several complaints and one withdrawal. I’m just saying If you don’t want people to be shocked and surprised by the workload then either make it similar to the first round or mention before the contest starts that future rounds will be more than double the workload of the first round (inc bonus shots).

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#145 Old 27th Dec 2011 at 5:05 AM Last edited by heaven : 28th Dec 2011 at 4:21 PM.
(Sorry I have no banner, I don't have that particular program where I am!)

ROUND THREE - RUNWAY

Due Date: Tuesday, January 3rd. Please contact heaven if you cannot have this round in by that time.

This round represents your classic beauty pageant. You will be judged not only on your appearance and style, but on your intelligence, eloquence, and moral fiber as well.

Please provide:

-A portfolio-style (plain except for the model) picture of yourself in a formal ballgown.
-A portfolio-style (plain except for the model) picture of yourself in a swimsuit.

Greyscale is not allowed in either picture.

Answer the following questions in one paragraph each:

-How would you define “beauty”? How do you think society defines beauty? How do you think being in a beauty pageant sets an example for young girls?
-What do you feel it means to be a role model? How do you live your life being a role model?
-What is the most important moral issue that you are presented with on a daily basis, and where do you stand on this issue? How do you support your beliefs with action? Choose an issue that is prevalent in your country or worldwide.

(Again, no banner.)

Bonus Round: Portfolio

Due Date: Tuesday, January 3rd, no exceptions.

In this bonus round, you will be showing off your modeling talents and your ability to spot what other people want to see. It will allow you to gain understanding in the ways of marketing. Participation in this round is optional, and scores will be tacked on to your final total. Each of these challenges will be considered as a whole. You can earn up to 5 bonus stars in each bonus round (this is to avoid skewing the results).

Note: Because of the nature of these challenges, PM lipglosschaos ASAP to let her know you will be attempting it. If you, at a later point, decide not to attempt it, that will not be an issue.

Please provide:

-Provide an advertisement for a real makeup brand that you will be assigned via Private Message.
-Provide an advertisement for a real clothing brand that you will be assigned via Private Message. This may require a quick bit of research as to the style of the brand and how some of their clothes look.
-Create a name for your own perfume, and provide an advertisement this perfume. Provide a quick explanation of what the perfume smells like and how the scent represents your country.
-Choose a charity and create an advertisement for that charity, providing a short explanation as to why this issue is important in the world and how people can stop it.
-Provide a creative shot of anything you wish. This is just for fun, so do whatever you please! Show off your creativity and artistic flair.

Greyscale is allowed in any of these pictures.

You may add fonts, logos, and other embellishments to all pictures in the Bonus Round only. You may also include other models in the pictures as long as they serve a purpose (in the Creative Shot, they need serve no purpose at all). Your model can be against a plain white background or against a scene.

Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
#146 Old 27th Dec 2011 at 9:45 AM
3 days??? Are you serious?! In previous bonus we have the whole WEEK!!! And this one requires more shots!! I'm sure it's against the rules to change the deadlines between rounds to shorter ones (even if it's a bonus) without a notice! Rounds should have been posted Dec. 24 and as they weren't - the deadline should start from the day they were posted!!! Otherwise it's a total bullshit to count the deadline since 24 when no one even knows the round!!!
I will mention it again - the rounds MUST HAVE the same amount of time between them and they should start from the moment they are posted!!! Otherwise, you MUST inform the contestants about the shorter deadline! They can be extended, but it also should be made with announcement!
I hope that it's just a mistake and will be fixed soon, otherwise I will must to involve admins here.

For more Sims 3 stuff by me - visit Ace Creators
My FB Fan page - Elexis's Sims Stuff
My Simblr - ElexisSims
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#147 Old 27th Dec 2011 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elexis
3 days??? Are you serious?! In previous bonus we have the whole WEEK!!! And this one requires more shots!! I'm sure it's against the rules to change the deadlines between rounds to shorter ones (even if it's a bonus) without a notice! Rounds should have been posted Dec. 24 and as they weren't - the deadline should start from the day they were posted!!! Otherwise it's a total bullshit to count the deadline since 24 when no one even knows the round!!!
I will mention it again - the rounds MUST HAVE the same amount of time between them and they should start from the moment they are posted!!! Otherwise, you MUST inform the contestants about the shorter deadline! They can be extended, but it also should be made with announcement!
I hope that it's just a mistake and will be fixed soon, otherwise I will must to involve admins here.

Woah now, no need to get feisty I will change it to TUESDAY, JANUARY 3rd. Sorry about that...

Forum Resident
#148 Old 28th Dec 2011 at 12:55 AM
I also think that you need to give people more time for rounds. Its ridiculous to do a good job at this time of year for limited time. Because your aloud to extened the round times. They can be more then a week the mods do not mind. This is causing the contestants stress rather then having fun. This contest is such a brilliant idea, you have done well coming up with the ideas, but using the fast forward button to get through this fast is redonkulous. I wish you would just think about this over more. feel free to pm me if you want to talk about it.

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#149 Old 28th Dec 2011 at 12:57 AM
lipglosschaos, Elexis is trying to help you by pointing out that your requests are unreasonable. Please remember that this contest is supposed to be fun, and that participants are people who have real life, work and family commitments. Elexis is a moderator and should be heeded.

Also, I'm a little confused by your deadlines.

You have until January 13th to get all the rounds in, so there should be time to do so,

I will change it to TUESDAY, JANUARY 3rd. Sorry about that...

So which date do participants need to complete this round by? Perhaps you should review your round requirements and your deadlines, to make things clear and reasonable for participants to complete.
The other one
#150 Old 28th Dec 2011 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Also, I'm a little confused by your deadlines.
..So which date do participants need to complete this round by?

The way I understand it if it helps is that all rounds have a due date of about a week but only the bonus round has to be in by that date. For the "normal" part of the round as long as you PM lipgloss to say you're gonna be late you can submit it up to 13 Jan which I pressume is the end of the contest. Bonus rounds cant be late.

Page 6 of 8