Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 2:33 PM
Thank Delphy, I'll go look for it, sorry didn't notice. Okay! i found it :P

Marjorie Dawes: Dust. Anybody? No? High in fat, low in fat? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust.
Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. It's actually very low in fat. You can have as much dust as you like.
Sims Love to Run with Scissors, Simmers Love to Download.
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#52 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 2:40 PM
kosp41302, you do realise that Delphy is not your employee, yes?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#53 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 3:28 PM
kosp, If you actually read the sticky in Site Issues you'd know that Q-Xpress links are temporarily removed. That means that they will be back at some point, hence the temporarily bit. As for downloads, yes, I know about the issues, but I can't really do much at the moment.

Also, please don't hijack other threads or tell me what to do. Thank you.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Stupid people are stupid
#54 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 3:41 PM
Yay! Thanks D. It looks fantastic.
Instructor
#55 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 4:23 PM
Thanks for the updates delphy!
Scholar
#56 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 4:47 PM
Kosp41302, the site is in some of work now. It will be better later. Just wait (for the love of smurfs lol !)

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Field Researcher
#57 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 6:59 PM
The "Downloads per day" graph seems not to work properly.

The entire day it shows 6 downloads for today, but I looked into some of the new graphs which show the downloads per day for each upload and it is more than 6.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#58 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 8:18 PM
You can only get downloads for yesterday - not today.

Field Researcher
#59 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 9:24 PM
I think it is great, and i am happy that moomins are downloading my houses ><

I hope that they have fun.. Although little Mi (My or however it is spelt.. I dont remember as i used to watch it many years ago) probably will get lost ><

I just wonder if anyone will add me as a favourite creator.. Doubt it, but i can always dream...

Thanks a lot for all your hard work Delphy, and i hope all goes well with sorting out the bits and bobs that still need to be done :D

My wiki with 1100+ links to the community! Also in categories! Click here!

"Whether it's good or bad, it's so unfortunate to wake up during a dream." - Judeau [Berserk]
Field Researcher
#60 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
You can only get downloads for yesterday - not today.

Ok, I didn't know that was changed too, I did like it better when it showed the downloads for today too, but there will be reasons for that.

But then why did I get 6 downloads listed in it at all?

edit: in case you missunderstood: I mean the main graph, not the one that shows you how many downloads you got for which upload (the only graph that was there before these changes).
Scholar
#61 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
It means exactly what it reads... It's a very interesting statistic, isn't it?
If you want to understand better, keep refreshing the page, looking again at the statistics

I see, it is nice to know that Delphy and Staff have a sense of humour!

CC4Sims
Love will humiliate you and hate will cradle you.
Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#62 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 10:55 PM Last edited by fanseelamb : 25th Jul 2007 at 11:10 PM.
Eeee nifty! I just added about 50 people to my Favourite Creators list and all their avatars look so shiny next to each other. Actually, now I've made myself curious how many people are really on my list. Is there a way to see that? Spying on other people's lists would be cool too... if that's something you had planned for the future. If not, no biggie.

The scorecards look great too... much prettier and more organized and nifty and fun! I love all the stats. Awesomeness all around!

ETA: Oops, found a bug. When I click on "Faves" to sort the scorecard by how many people have Fave'd a thread, all the threads with no Faves stat get moved to the bottom of the page under the "FAQs / Tutorials" heading instead of in the Downloads chart where they belong.

I also find it quite telling that only 3 out of 10 werewolves like a nice Manly Man Purse. Very interesting stat.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#63 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 12:13 AM
RealGanacampo, it's probably due to timezone differences. The servers work out the "days" based on thier own clock which is based in Central US time... so a "today" for me might be different from a today on the server.

I'm not sure what you mean about removing the todays downloads from that main graph - they are still there. I was refereing to the dates underneath that main graph.

Top Secret Researcher
#64 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 12:27 AM
Delphy i was wondering, it would be really cool if we could get a " you have already added this creator to your favorites" so i( we) don't keep adding the same people over and over like i do because i have altzheimer obviously.

You will find my older and newest creations here
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#65 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 1:40 AM
RealGanacampo,

I think the change you are seeing is that the graph gets updated less often now, could that be? Every six hours instead of more or less realtime, which means (if I understand it right) it's going to show "6 downloads" for six hours, and then jump up to the current value. It also means that it loads instantly now, instead of taking a few minutes to be generated, which I guess is why it was changed.

(I am talking about the main graph, the large one on top)

Speaking of Alzheimer: I noticed that there's favourite downloads of mine that I *still* haven't thanked -- would it be possible to automatically add a "Thanks" when fave'ing a download, if it's not already there?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Forum Resident
#66 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 2:27 AM
Love the changes and thanks for the favourites.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#67 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 9:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by corvi
Delphy i was wondering, it would be really cool if we could get a " you have already added this creator to your favorites" so i( we) don't keep adding the same people over and over like i do because i have altzheimer obviously.

You can't add a creator multiple times - it checks internally, although it doesn't display any messages if you do have a duplicate.

Also yes, plasticbox is right, it's probably to do with the caching too...

Top Secret Researcher
#68 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 10:25 AM
i like the new changes very much. thanks a lot for it, delphy! it's a good innovation! i like especially the scorecard changes, because i like to see more detailed statistics.

but is it possible, that the statistics are a little bit erroneous in the moment? the data from yesterday show that my newest posting had alomost no downloads, but instead an older one that has never been downloaded so often had a plenty of downloads...
Alchemist
#69 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 11:32 AM
The fav system is so cool, now i can feel more like a real fan! Thanks!!
Field Researcher
#70 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 12:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
RealGanacampo,

I think the change you are seeing is that the graph gets updated less often now, could that be? Every six hours instead of more or less realtime, which means (if I understand it right) it's going to show "6 downloads" for six hours, and then jump up to the current value. It also means that it loads instantly now, instead of taking a few minutes to be generated, which I guess is why it was changed.

Yes, that explains it.

But the graph also didn't take minutes to generate before this change, so this is one thing that got worse for me, but if it took a lot of time to load for others it's ok.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#71 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 12:08 PM
ganguro, I haven't seen any erroneous numbers cropping up. It tracks everything by post id so it should all be linked properly.

Retired Duck
retired moderator
#72 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 1:06 PM
Delphy - not sure if it's related, but my total downloads count seem to be fluctuating between about 893,000 and 905,000. It's been going backwards and forwards fairly frequently over the past few days. Doesn't worry me at all, just thought it a little odd.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#73 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 2:42 PM
Echo, that'll happen depending on how you sort the scorecard - there are 2 different algorithms used and they return slightly different results.

Lab Assistant
#74 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 7:51 PM Last edited by Astymma : 28th Jul 2007 at 4:01 AM. Reason: added more info
Noticed an error. If you click the graph icon next to a download title in your creator scorecard you are taken to an individual graph page for that submission. If that submission doesn't have any downloads in the last month you will receive an error page indicating that a Divide By Zero error has occurred.

More specifically:
Warning: Division by zero in /home/forums/public_html/_bargraph.php on line 125
when accessing http://www.modthesims2.com/graph.php?p=1310933
Field Researcher
#75 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 10:39 PM
This will be quite helpful. I will not be downloading stuff for a bit until I fix my game, so being able to save things I want to download (and some that I will want to check back on even once downloaded) will be very nice.
Page 3 of 6