Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 8:31 PM
Default Bed Frame Texture problem...
Hi there

I started working with making new meshes, and so far all the tutorials here have helped alot. However this one double bed seems to be giving me problems.

It seems as though there's like a colour overlay on my texture for bed frame. The mesh consists of 4 hockey sticks for bed posts, and then the basic frame part with it supposed to be black, but it shows up with a dark brown. I tried to recolour it to white, and it showed up in the game as a lighter brown. When I preview the package in simpe, it looks fine and textures are right, it's just in ame it goes wonky...

I attached package file as well as a picture to further explain what I'm trying to say, I'm not very good with words.

Any help would be great, thanks in advance!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  schockeyfandoublebed.zip (201.7 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 9:34 PM Last edited by Khaibit : 14th Nov 2006 at 10:23 PM.
Seems like you mapped the bedframe itself on a tiny little area of your texture, left of the left silver square or else - I couldn't really locate it on your map (just identified the hockey sticks on the map...) but it appeared when I changed the map so just map it again on a bigger area and the prob should be fixed

Edit: You forgot the shadow texture (there's a great tut from Boblishman to create shadows fitting the object), maybe this caused WindBlower's crash? I didn't test it in game but within your package a linked texture is missing

Yes, I am serious though I'm not serious at all. I'm serious about this!
Even the joker can be deadly serious...
Wichtig ist, was hinten raus kommt!
Entscheidend daran ist, wie?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 9:59 PM
Dear steppinpepper

I tryed to Download your file and put it into my game, and it totally chrashed the game. Because when I again removed the file, I could again start my game, So I am afriad that I cant be of any help on this one.

Sincerely,
WindBlower
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Khaibit
Seems like you mapped the bedframe itself on a tiny little area of your texture, left of the left silver square or else - I couldn't really locate it on your map (just identified the hockey sticks on the map...) but it appeared when I changed the map so just map it again on a bigger area and the prob should be fixed

Edit: You forgot the shadow texture (there's a great tut from Boblishman to create shadows fitting the object), maybe this caused WindBlower's crash? I didn't test it in game but within your package a linked texture is missing

I feel like a total moron now, I see what you mean about the map. I must have changed the UV map by accident before I imported it. Go figure it was something so simple that was causing the problem. Thanks for that and also pointing out the shadows, I'll make sure to check out that tutorial.

I'm not sure about the crashing thing though Hopefully it is just the missing link that's bugged it up.

Thanks again!
Instructor
#5 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 1:07 AM
*cannot resist to reply on that*
Quote:
I feel like a total moron now
I think as long as the one who asks for help feels like that everything is fine - sometimes you yourself just don't see the problem while another point of view can help you out easily - and when the reply causes this feeling you already know how to fix the stuff on your own (that's better than a confusing answer which helps you after reading tons of required tuts to understand the reply and your problem, isn't it?)
I guess if it would have been too complicated I wouldn't have been able to help you - and I know that's sometimes hard but the best you can do: laugh about yorself and go on

Hopefully you'll get your package working now.

Yes, I am serious though I'm not serious at all. I'm serious about this!
Even the joker can be deadly serious...
Wichtig ist, was hinten raus kommt!
Entscheidend daran ist, wie?