Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 10:53 PM Last edited by inck243 : 13th Nov 2006 at 8:25 PM.
Default The recolors that I make for my object don't show up in the game!
Hello

I am having troble with recoloring a custom object that I made -- the recolors don't show up in the game!

It is a slot machine (as a decoration). The origional mesh packege file thing shows up in the game fine, but in the catalog there are no recolor choices, even though i have 3 recolor files in the same downloads folder.
I made each recolor in SimPE with the Object Workshop: I opened the mesh, selected recolor, and then saved it, then when it opened i just replaced the texture image, committed, fixed integrity, and saved. Do i need to do anything else?

I will also edit with other things that i've tried:
- ive tried making one recolor packege with not fixing intregity, and it still does not show up.

I will attach the mesh, and one recolor file.

Thank you for any help!!

edited to remove attachments
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#2 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 5:17 AM
That's because you have 14 mesh subsets, none of which match the name of the original subset, sculpture. You can have a maximum of 2 recolorable subsets, so you will need to regroup these subsets (or at least the ones you want to be able to recolor) in your mesh editor into, preferably, just one subset called sculpture, and then reimport the mesh.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 8:24 PM
OOOHHhh! ok i see

I got it to work now!! I just regrouped everything that i want to be effected by a recolor I just thought that they would need to all be in sepirate groups or else they would get all morphed together and stretchy or whatever. But im glad that works!!

Thank you very much If i didnt have work right now i would be able to put them on my site lol :/ oh well i will later.
Part-time Hermit
#4 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 11:18 AM
Glad to hear it worked out
Locked thread | Locked by: IgnorantBliss Reason: problem solved