Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 3:09 PM
Default Mesh Not Showing In-Game
Hi everyone.

Super newbie at meshing here and I've been absorbing/learning from the great folks here at MTS2...thanks everyone!

I have a problem with a mesh I created from scratch showing up in game. I wanted to create a kitchen cupboard and used the Sunflower painting for my base object.

You can see from the attached picture that the object is showing in my game (with the weird texture), but it is using the original mesh from the painting and not my custom one.

Help is greatly appreciated, and I did search extensively for an answer before posting.

Thanks,
Reni
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 4:13 PM
Couldn't read the stuff showing in the last screenshot (MTS2_403378_reniusa_Screen1_copy.gif), this would have been interesting... so I can just guess (as I couldn't clearly read, it looked like) that you renamed your mesh in Milkshape, right? And you didn't change the name in SimPe, right? The easiest sollution for you would be to rename your mesh in Milkshape to the meshname of the painting and the problem should be fixed. The better sollution (because it isn't a painting anymore ) would be to rename and link everything to the new name correctly in SimPe. In the tutorial "Adding a subset" you can find the required steps.

Yes, I am serious though I'm not serious at all. I'm serious about this!
Even the joker can be deadly serious...
Wichtig ist, was hinten raus kommt!
Entscheidend daran ist, wie?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 4:37 PM
Thanks for the advice, which I'll gladly take! Hopefully that will fix the problem, and also I've attached another image of that screen. I just bought this widescreen monitor...so I'm still getting used to taking screenshots that everyone can view properly. Hopefully the attached is more readable.

Thanks again!
Reni
Screenshots
Instructor
#4 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 8:34 PM
If this doesn't fix the problem just upload the package instead of screenshots In this case I'll take a look at the package, should be easier to fix than my drumkit problem

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 10:36 PM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 1st Dec 2006 at 1:37 PM. Reason: removed attachment
Ok, I think I did as suggested--renaming the mesh properly. I even deleted the original package and started over from scratch...only to have the same problem.

Attached is the .package file if anyone would have a look-see, that would rock.

Thanks,
Reni
Instructor
#6 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 11:26 PM
Hmm, the mesh isn't your cupboard but your painting ( now the 2nd screenshot makes sense to me) so either you try on your own again to import the updated gmdc file into SimPE (just replace the original subset), this seems to be the problem (found one little thing which cannot cause this error) or if it still doesn't work add the mesh (OBJ file) to the package for download.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 12:18 AM
YAY! It worked...the subset thingy-do. Now I just have to fix the size and texture issues, which I think will keep me busy this evening. But at least I know how to do that...I think.

Thanks for all your help.

-Reni
Instructor
#8 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 12:46 AM
I didn't do something, somehow... But you're welcome anyway

Locked thread | Locked by: IgnorantBliss Reason: problem solved