Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 11:47 AM
Default Help with cloning the RC car
Hello. I've tried cloning the RC car, the new object apperas in game but when I ask my sims to play with it it disappears. I gave new guides to the two files (RC car and reservable tile) but it doesn't work. Anyone has any idea as to what I may have done wrong? Thank you.
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 11:53 AM
Apparently the car is more than one object. I don't know the full details, but it's something like an accessory at some times, and it spawns an NPC (yes, the car is a sim!) when they play with it. And there is the controller thingy too... Basically you need to clone several objects and then make sure they know about each other in their BHAVs so they're spawning your object not the original one.
Instructor
#3 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 12:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
yes, the car is a sim!
Really? Wow, the programming structure is often even funny (maybe it makes more sense to programmers?! )
There is a Llamaborghini that acts like a RC, maybe it's helpful to you to investigate the package(s?) to find out which files are needed and how you can get yours to work?!

Yes, I am serious though I'm not serious at all. I'm serious about this!
Even the joker can be deadly serious...
Wichtig ist, was hinten raus kommt!
Entscheidend daran ist, wie?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 12:21 PM
Thank you guys, you were fast. How would I go about finding the other things I need to clone? I have zero knowledge of BHAVs...will I have to edit those if I find the other components?

Khaibit, thanks, just had a look of the lambourghini, I'll investigate tonight.
Instructor
#5 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 12:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
I have zero knowledge of BHAVs...will I have to edit those if I find the other components?
Khaibit, thanks, just had a look of the lambourghini, I'll investigate tonight.

I'm exploring BHAV changes (actually I try to understand SimAntics, behaviour, slots and all the things that referr to each other... lots of work) so Inge or someone else can be more helpful - but maybe you can compare the BHAV entries in the Llama package and yours to understand them? Take a look at http://www.sims2wiki.info/SimAntics and the OpCode links for more infos, there are several tutorials, too.
In doubt just upload your creation when you cannot get it to work...

Yes, it's great - but I myself think that's cruelity to Llamas, I cannot DL it because it conflicts with my personal attitude and especially with my understanding of Llama right/ right of Llamas

Retired Duck
retired moderator
#6 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 12:47 PM
Shaklin made a set of objects to use as templates when you clone the RC car. There was a discussion on it here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=137265

Her site has since moved to http://shaklin.net though so you might have to hunt around for the article on it.
#7 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 12:46 PM
Once the new SimPE comes out, BHAV modding should be a little easier for non-QA testers. .059 has been in testing a long time and during that time quite a lot has been changed in the simantics plugins.

But those objects that keep turning into different things and spawning things are a pain, and they tend to be the things people want to do because there are not already many of them made (for this reason)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 6:48 PM
Thank you girls for the useful advice and links. I'll go investigate (and print tutorials).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 10:57 PM
Just wanted to let you know that I used Shaklin's tutorial and it works!! I'm so happy! Thank you once again!
#10 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 10:40 AM
Good! Happy hacking! :D
Instructor
#11 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 11:51 AM
Dito, congratulations and have fun!
(Err, we won't have to start *you're welcome and go for it* replies when someone makes some progress or even extra cheering- threads for those who succeed , will we? Would look like making some progress just happens rarely/ is just rarely possible... OMG! )

Anyway, Inge is right, happy hacking!

Locked thread | Locked by: IgnorantBliss Reason: problem solved