Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Oct 2004 at 11:04 PM
Default Body Shop buggy?
It appears that Body Shop, at least the version that shipped on the DVD version, is inaccurate in re-incorporating skin projects back into the game when the skin project is either a custom color one submitted by someone else, or color- altering one of the Maxis-provided skins and reloading the project. Twice already I've altered custom skins (any mods other than color) and altered original skins (color mods) but when the project is put back into the game as a new skin, the female adult head, and only that one in particular, will end up a darker color! There's a similar problem when altering certain pieces of custom clothing, in that Body Shop will re-load your project with completely different garments than the ones you altered! Any similar experiences?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Oct 2004 at 1:25 AM
Only with some custom clothing I dl'd. As soon as I try them in BodyShop the lighting on the upper half of the body is way off on a part of the body.
I still have to try them in game to see what happens there.

Karloe
Test Subject
#3 Old 27th Oct 2004 at 8:24 AM
Hoi,

it's also in the 4 CD Version. I had to make my Willow Skin twice because of this bug.
After re-exporting a skin, it loses one head. If you re-import the skin, the head from the skin it based off will be used.

Radio Sunnydale:
Aly; i can't take my Eyes off You, in a virgin State of Mind :-(
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Oct 2004 at 7:38 PM
It feels good to know I wasn't alone, but too bad this is happening. My solution as well was to re-make the skin changes using a Maxis-s ~ upplied set, and not altering the skin tone in any way. My question now is, however, what have all those people that submitted custom skin tones done to get 'em right? I've noticed some of them deleted the adult female face file from the set, but tried doing the same and still came up with a dark head.
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th Oct 2004 at 9:05 PM
Hi,
it seems only effected re-exported skins, i think. You have problems to change downloaded and re-exported skins, but not exported EA skins. So export a EA Skin, edit it and import it, but don't delete the Exported Files. So you can change it over and over again.

Radio Sunnydale:
Aly; i can't take my Eyes off You, in a virgin State of Mind :-(
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 28th Oct 2004 at 11:07 PM
"There's a similar problem when altering certain pieces of custom clothing, in that Body Shop will re-load your project with completely different garments than the ones you altered!"

I have sure had this one. I had to start all over with some of my clothing items because of this. Hopefully it will be fixed in the patch that is coming out.

I have not seen the other ones, but I have done little with the genetics so far. Sounds like I may wait a little longer before I start on my own genetics.

"Specialization is for insects, a human being should be able to do anything!"