Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 10:09 AM Last edited by Nan : 23rd Nov 2009 at 6:10 PM. Reason: modify title
Default [solved] WA : Modifying base camps
Hello !

I wanted to modify the base camps, but the construction button is disabled and it says we need a cheat code to activate it. I've managed to find it on another forum : testingcheatsenabled true + enableLotLocking true. (I don't guaranty this last code, as I don't have access to the piece of paper where I've wrote it down right now)

It enables the button all right, but when I click on it I reach an empty lot, and worse, the Modify (town/city/neighborhood ?) option is disabled and there's a message saying it's not possible 'right now' (or something like that, it's in french...). I was compelled to go back to the main menu without saving (which was better considering I would have saved an empty lot...)

So does someone knows of a way to do it : I simply want to add a few beds and maybe decorations, and that's it.

I realize now that I'm writing this post that I didn't try to play with the lot's classification. Maybe is there a way to change it to residential and then change it back to base camp ?

To make things clear, no Sim was living in this camp at the moment, as they were quietly in their home, trying to earn the money needed for their next escapade...

Anyway... I hope this is possible, and that someone will find how to do it and share the solution with us. Thanks in advance...
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 1:02 PM
I haven't tried that yet so I could be way off. Would it be possible to build a lot somewhere else then save it to your library and plonk it down in the holiday hood? Or, are the lots in the catalogue, the lot catalogue, maybe you could edit them again, somewhere else then bulldoze the original and put your lot in.

I'll need to go have a look now, lol. I know that will annoy me if I can't fix up lots
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 5:21 PM
To edit any lot that you cannot edit because it it locked, you need a sim who is at the lot and 'testingcheatsenabled true' on. Then shift-click the ground and choose 'build on this lot'.
Scholar
#4 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 5:26 PM
well done cazarupt. Now you wonder why they can't just give us the option eh?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 6:06 PM
Yeah... Thank you so much ! I've tested it and it works perfectly. Thanks to you, my Sims will be able to sleep in decent beds... And I'll be able to build them different base camps...

I also wonder why we have to use codes to modify those lots. Maybe is it because the Sims community is fond of cheat codes ?
Eminence Grise
#6 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 9:20 PM
I expect it's because it would be pretty easy for an unsophisticated player to screw up a special lot's basic functionality if you had unrestricted access to build/buy on it. Cheats are generally used for hiding features that casual players could easily break the game with.
Test Subject
#7 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 3:55 PM
Default i have a better idea
i wrote testingcheatsenabled true + enableLotLocking true and then there was this locker that you can click and it will let you click the Buy-Build button...and if you click it, you will enter the base camp just as it is...with the tents there and everything...there is no empty lot...