Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 10:56 AM
Default changing animation speed.
Hi: I was wondering how i can slow down an animation that is a custom one. i know it has something to do with temp but nothing more. is there an explanation for different aniamtion speeds. Like different temps representing different speeds?. I just feel like I need to tweek a certain animation which is very fast. Many thanks in advance.
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 11:51 PM
You don't specify if it's a Sim animation or an object animation. So I'm just going to assume. :D

0x006A

You have 2 options for controlling the animation speeds. The first is set a speed value in Temp 0x02 and set the operand 2 say the speed value can be found in Temp 0x2. (It's always Temp 0x02 in this option.) The second option is to set the operand 2 to say the speed is set in the operand 3.

The default value of the operand 3 is 0x20, but it can be set to anything between 0x01 and 0xFF (0x00 results in an error). Values from 0x01 to 0x7F make the animation play forward, with the higher the number, the faster the animation. HOWEVER: Values above 0x7F (or from 0x80 to 0xFF) make the animation run Backwards, with larger numbers making the animation slower. So 0x7F would make a fast, forward animation, and 0x80 would make a fast, backward animation.

So the slowest forward animation speed would be 0x01.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 3:48 PM
Default one more question
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
You don't specify if it's a Sim animation or an object animation. So I'm just going to assume. :D

0x006A

You have 2 options for controlling the animation speeds. The first is set a speed value in Temp 0x02 and set the operand 2 say the speed value can be found in Temp 0x2. (It's always Temp 0x02 in this option.) The second option is to set the operand 2 to say the speed is set in the operand 3.

The default value of the operand 3 is 0x20, but it can be set to anything between 0x01 and 0xFF (0x00 results in an error). Values from 0x01 to 0x7F make the animation play forward, with the higher the number, the faster the animation. HOWEVER: Values above 0x7F (or from 0x80 to 0xFF) make the animation run Backwards, with larger numbers making the animation slower. So 0x7F would make a fast, forward animation, and 0x80 would make a fast, backward animation.

So the slowest forward animation speed would be 0x01.
Thanks for speedy response! It is actually a custom sim animation which I'm trying to tweek a bit. ok so as i understand i can change whatever is in operand 3 to 0.01 and that is the lowest speed. Is it possible to use increments between 0.01 and 0.02 say like 0.015 or 0.025? Also I see in the description of some animations operand 3 says C0 and a line showing : Animation speed---, what does that mean anyway? Many thanks.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 12:06 AM
You can only increment by integers (whole numbers: 1, 2, 3, 4, etc). The values are in hexadecimal* and we normally count in decimal (base ten). So the default value of "0x20" is our 32, but it can be set to anything between 0x01 and 0xFF (our 1 and 255). This range is split for forward (1-127) and backwards speeds (128-255). You would only be able to set it to 0x01, 0x02, 0x03, and so forth, not a fractional value. If you are seeing C0 in the operand 3, then the speed is 0xC0 (182 in base ten), so the animation is being played backwards. The BHAV has "Animation speed---" because the speed is defined in operand 3. If you were using the other way of setting the animation speed, it would say "Anim Speed: Temp 0x0002" to indicate that the Temp 0x0002 variable holds the speed value. SimPE has number converter, but you can also use a calculator has hex and dec features. (In Windows calculator, you should be able to set it to Programmer mode.)

* For those interested in math, hexadecimal is also called base 16. We count in "decimal" numbers (also known as base 10). That is to say, we count from 0 to 9 before we need two digit places to represent the next number: 10. It's believed we default to base 10 because we have 10 fingers and we can count on them more easily. Likewise, hexadecimal numbers start from 0 and go to 9 but then they keep going: A, B, C, D, E, and F. (In base 10, this would be like counting from 0-15. Imagine if we had 16 fingers; we might be more comfortable with using hexadecimal numbers!)
Below illustrates how the numbers compare and progress in digits.

Tumblr
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 1:44 AM
In reply to your post above MSD, first of all it's my bad and C0 was in operand 2 cause I didn't think there was an operand 0 untill I looked it up somewhere. The animation in question I did fix the speed and counting from 0 i found operand 3 and it said 20 so I changed it to first 10 and then 15 and I'm satisfied with the results. Thanks for taking the effort to explain things although I'm a mesher and don't understand bhav's so well. I do body meshing. I've got a projest which involves assigning bones to a morph cause i like the morph better. I looked it up and there are 10000 vertices bothe the body,alpha and their morphs. Anyway I've got to start somewhere trying to learn how to program and learn more about all that you talked about. BTW I've got to check up your creations. Thanks a thousand and you really helped me. Check out my creations if you wishHere
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#6 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 12:36 AM
Glad I can help. (By the way, C0 in operand 2 looks like it controls blending in and out. )

Tumblr