Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 2010
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 267 (Who?), Viewed: 28748 times.
Search this Thread
Old 15th Apr 2019, 12:44 PM #251
ArmyDreamers
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
EA seems to be at odds with themselves. They have spent over a year yapping about how single player games are dead, then of course there is the whole macrotransaction issue. I doubt they have any remorse for all the whales they've created and it would be foolish to think that they are going to change their ways despite them walking around with a proverbial target on their backs.

Loot Boxes’ Could Be Trouble for the Videogame Industry...

https://www.marketwatch.com/article...d=mw_quote_news

i mean...loot boxes are basically gambling. it def shouldnt be allowed for games that arent +18
Old 15th Apr 2019, 4:37 PM #252
Gargoyle Cat
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyDreamers
i mean...loot boxes are basically gambling. it def shouldnt be allowed for games that arent +18

Yes, they are. What is pathetic about the whole thing is the gaming industry as a whole is making a big stink about possibly being regulated for such things, but none of them are willing to regulate themselves. If they kept loot boxes to cosmetic stuff only ( skins, ect...) that could be easily purchased with in-game currency, nobody would be paying attention to this sans possibly making noise about how much grind time there would be to earn said currency.

The issue of microtransactions also needs to be addressed; because seriously. Activision Shamelessly Sells Smiley Face Reticle from Past Games for $2 in Black Ops 4

These companies thump their chests about how they've had the best year in terms of revenue and they're charging money for stupid reticles.

Cyber Tip Line for Exploited Children
Children should always feel like the adults are living in this world to nurture them, to take care of them, to protect them from any bad thing that might come. ~Chris Cornell
Old 15th Apr 2019, 7:29 PM #253
pianogrinder
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusannaG
I've never played multiplayer and probably never will.

Multiplayer games are too overhyped and lack being fun and immersive. Most of my old PlayStation 2 games still outshine all games that are made today.
Old 15th Apr 2019, 10:03 PM #254
HarVee
Alchemist

5 Achievements

The person that buys a two dollar smiley reticle deserves a smack upside the head with a raw tuna fish.

"Towards the end of any culture, you have the second or third generation that steps into the culture, which is so far from the origination, it's the impression of what's real, but it's not the full definition of what's real. It's just cheesy." - Lyle Owerko
Old 16th Apr 2019, 8:54 AM #255
SneakyWingPhoenix
Mad Poster

EA is a good boy.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Old 18th Apr 2019, 9:38 AM #256
SneakyWingPhoenix
Mad Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondenkind
No, as a TS4 fan I can guarantee you that I take the YouTube videos of our Game Changers concerning how good a new pack is the same way into account as when an Instagram influencer promotes a flat belly tea. Although I do remember, TheSimSupply made a video about how much he hated the SP that clearly had stuff that was meant to be in Cats and Dogs in it but I had the feeling that he barely survived that one because it was a controversial SP to begin with.
When I'm not sure I want to purchase a pack, I watch a LP. That was the good thing with The Sims until recently, you can't be spoilered like with most RPG games I play, but if they add more one-time playable story GPs than that tool is also gone I guess.
I hate EA, I like The Sims.

Coming back to SimSupply, albeit he hated, he still utilize in one of his builts the said content claiming by himself for getting payed for it (blatantly, it's obvious by who). Jokingly or enough, that's kinda true as it's the only explanation why would he do it despite his contradicting feels of MFP before the video. I know, old reply, old news though perhaps not everybody knew. Sorry if this was already mentioned here, thought of shining it out here for those who didn't know. Game changers, yibs, or however you wanna refer to those cheerleaders, are no better than EA itself. Actually, they're afliated so I guess there's no need to mention the actions of one-n-the-same entity.

Old 19th Apr 2019, 12:41 PM #257
Gargoyle Cat
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

I don't agree with Jim Sterling on a number of things, but occasionally he touches on to something I can agree with.

Here's part of the reason big game companies behave the way they do; they're in bed with Big Government. Tax loopholes are so dreamy... If the average, tax-paying Joe or Jane tried to do these things, they'd be audited, have to pay lots of moolah in interest, fined beyond their eyeballs and put in jail if they didn't pay up.

The next time you hear a big game company ( or the minions that work within such companies) complain about about taxes, just keep in mind that if you live in the US, EA and the rest are not paying "their fair share". They have the US Congress to thank for that.

Corporate Parasites: Activision Pays Zero Income Tax, Gets A Refund Anyway

P.S. This problem is not limited to the gaming industry. There is what feels like a endless list of 'corporate parasites' including companies such as Apple.

Children should always feel like the adults are living in this world to nurture them, to take care of them, to protect them from any bad thing that might come. ~Chris Cornell
Old 22nd Apr 2019, 4:51 PM #258
Gargoyle Cat
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Electronic Arts: Apex Legends Disappointment Signals Substantial Pain Ahead

Quote:
Twitch and Google data show interest in Apex Legends is fading quickly.

Popular streamers and influencers are quitting Apex.

Apex is wildly overvalued for a fading game.

With Apex making up a substantial portion of EA's valuation, EA's stock faces substantial declines.

Faltering Apex Legends
We said it before and will say it again: Apex is overvalued. It is successful for a Battle Royale game, but it won't reach Fortnite levels. Not even close.

Although Apex did have a strong launch, this traffic was mainly acquired and not organic. EA spent millions to pay streamers to stream Apex gameplay on launch day and a few days afterwards. When the streamers quit or stopped streaming Apex, interest in Apex dropped sharply.

So disgusting! They paid off people to brag about how 50 million people were all hype about Apex only for it to come out that said hype was nothing more than a scam. To think that there are still people walking around wondering why EA shouldn't be trusted as far as they can be thrown...

https://seekingalpha.com/article/42...d=mw_quote_news

Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 22nd Apr 2019 at 5:24 PM.
Old 22nd Apr 2019, 5:10 PM #259
adamsavagefan
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarVee
The person that buys a two dollar smiley reticle deserves a smack upside the head with a raw tuna fish.

I'd prefer a plank of wood. Pain is the only way to make them learn. :D

Rob Riemensnyder is the biggest coward who ever lived. Stay away from him.
Old 22nd Apr 2019, 7:24 PM #260
Hamishmc
Lab Assistant

Quote:

So disgusting! They paid off people to brag about how 50 million people were all hype about Apex only for it to come out that said hype was nothing more than a scam. To think that there are still people walking around wondering why EA shouldn't be trusted as far as they can be thrown...

Somebody thinks the shares a good buy though on the same website
......…¬Electronic Arts shares have suffered in recent days, in part due to a Tweet the company made about its upcoming Star Wars title, "Fallen Order". The company announced the game would be a single player adventure, and would not feature any predatory monetization practices. Wall Street immediately reacted negatively, raising concerns it would not be as profitable as the last game. While many see this announcement as a cause to panic and sell their stake, I see it as an overreaction creating an opportunity to buy."...…….

https://seekingalpha.com/article/42...e-buying?page=1
Old 22nd Apr 2019, 9:42 PM #261
SusannaG
Top Secret Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsavagefan
I'd prefer a plank of wood. Pain is the only way to make them learn. :D

How about a fish-slapping dance?
Old 24th Apr 2019, 10:45 AM #262
mousedroidz21
Lab Assistant

Quote:

Here's the thing, at the moment economists predict that the next recession is likely to occur next year or in the near future. Such recession will also have a large impact on the video game industry from what I have heard, this is because a lot of companies such as EA have failed to meet the demands of its customers. When this happens, we will see a repeat of what happened back in 2008, the idea of "Too big too fail!" will occur again and this time it's going to be surprising as it was before
Old 24th Apr 2019, 11:20 AM #263
Gargoyle Cat
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

I'll leave the politics of "Too big to fail" out of this as such discussions are for the debate forum, but I will say / link to the following:

AAA gaming companies are already screwing themselves. When games become nothing more than loot boxes and microtransactions, they get expensive and boring to play.

Quote:
March videogame sales fall by double digits; Quarter trails last year's

Videogame sales declined broadly in March, leading the first-quarter numbers to dip Y/Y compared with the same quarter a year ago.

After a February rebound, overall sales dropped 11% to $1.2B in March, according to NPD Group. Software sales fell 11% to $547M, hardware sales fell 15% to $282M, and accessories and game cards dropped 7% to $349M.

That brings overall first-quarter spending to $3.2B, down 2% Y/Y, with hardware providing the anchor as the industry awaits a new refresh cycle.

EA didn't even make into the top 10 despite having paid out millions for BS false media coverage.

Quote:
Rounding out the software top 10: No. 4, Devil May Cry 5 (OTCPK:CCOEY); No. 5, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (OTCPK:NTDOY); No. 6, Red Dead Redemption 2 (NASDAQ:TTWO); No. 7, NBA 2K19 (TTWO); No. 8, Grand Theft Auto V (TTWO); No. 9, Yoshi's Crafted World (OTCPK:NTDOY); No. 10, Call of Duty: Block Ops 4 (ATVI).

https://seekingalpha.com/news/34532...d=mw_quote_news

These companies are forever whining and complaining about how expensive games are to make; they can bite me. When they can shell out millions to streamers ( most of which I'm sure never disclosed that they were being paid by EA to begin with) and have tax rates that are -51% like Activision, their bullshit stinks to high heaven. None of this has to do with the cost of making games; it is all about profit and pleasing their Wall Street overlords.

Old 26th Apr 2019, 1:48 AM #264
Gargoyle Cat
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

EA says it's addressing 'Apex Legends' issues

Quote:
In an update on Apex Legends, Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:EA) says considering its popularity, it's committed to fixing issues with the game and pushing out plans for future Titanfall games to focus its resources.

The game hit 50M players in its first month, and "rapid growth is a wonderful thing to achieve," but that comes with challenges including update missteps, not enough visibility into future content, and not setting support expectations.

The ramp-up has meant "exploits, bugs, cheaters, and more come fast and frequently."

It's putting a priority on slow server performance on certain servers at match beginning; solving some audio issues; addressing game cheaters; and solving hit registration issues.

As for other games at Respawn, there are entirely separate teams working on Apex Legends and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, EA says, and no resources are being shifted from Apex Legends to other titles.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/34546...d=mw_quote_news

Right, that 'rapid' growth that was paid out in millions to streamers. Give it a rest, EA! You probably buy followers in social media too!

Old 8th May 2019, 12:07 AM #265
Gargoyle Cat
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

EA released their Q4 earnings report today. I was expecting something really juicy with headlines such as Electronic Arts Earnings: EA Stock Soars as Q4 Revenue Tops Guidance however, such headlines are nothing more than clickbait. EA's stock has been floating between $94-98 per share. At the time of this post, it is $100 and change; hardly soaring. I guess the overlords are having a slow day.

EA has been losing money (profit) which cleared up any suspicion I had in my previous post regarding paying streamers off to play Apex and they moved money to Switzerland which is a tax haven. When one is losing profit, move money so that you have to pay less in taxes.

Quote:
Subsequent to the fiscal year ended March 31, 2019, EA completed an internal transfer of some of its intellectual property rights to its Swiss subsidiary, where EA’s international business is headquartered. This transfer will result in a one-time tax benefit of between $1.5 billion and $3.9 billion, which will be recognized as a deferred tax asset in EA’s consolidated financial statements for the three months ending June 30, 2019. The recognition of the deferred tax asset will add between $5 to $13 per share to GAAP EPS and the low end of this range has been reflected above in EA’s forecast. The forecast of this one-time tax benefit is preliminary and is dependent on the results of Swiss referendums to be voted on later this month.

https://www.taxhaven.org/tax_havens...en_switzerland/

https://s22.q4cdn.com/894350492/fil...lease-Final.pdf

As for TS4, there is nothing exciting to talk about.

Quote:
As we wrap up FY19, I also want to highlight the continued success of The Sims 4, which has grown every year since we launched. We launched three new content packs and multiple game updates for our Sims 4 community throughout the year, all of which contributed to a 35% year over-year increase in active players and our strongest year of engagement yet for this ongoing live service. The passion of our Sims community is incredible, and we look forward to bringing them many more great experiences in the year ahead.

https://s22.q4cdn.com/894350492/fil...s-Final-(1).pdf

Old 9th May 2019, 12:30 PM #266
SneakyWingPhoenix
Mad Poster

Old 9th May 2019, 4:37 PM #267
Bur1440
Field Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix

The smoking industry say the same thing about vaping, it's easy to keep that out of minors hands also. Loot boxes are gambling.
Old 9th May 2019, 5:38 PM #268
Gargoyle Cat
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Quote:
A US Senator has introduced a bill to target and ban loot boxes and predatory pay-to-win microtransactions. You reap what you sow, games industry.

https://twitter.com/YongYea/status/1126334535170347008

Don't hold your breath, Ladies and Gentlemen. Big Gaming is in bed with Big Government. Remember that video from Jim Sterling about corporate parasites? Yeah, I don't need to say any more. A refresher for those that forgot or didn't see it the first time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRW...nel=JimSterling

Section jump: