Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 6758
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 1434 (Who?), Viewed: 104583 times.
Search this Thread
Old 17th Mar 2019, 3:04 AM #1426
Weisskreuz
Forum Resident

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 713


Does being in the scientist career make abduction more likely?

FOR THE HORDE
Old 17th Mar 2019, 3:38 AM #1427
Naus Allien
Instructor

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 579
Thanks: 1411 in 12 Posts
10 Achievements


Quote:
Originally Posted by Weisskreuz
Does being in the scientist career make abduction more likely?


Yes, Sims in the science and medical career are more likely to be abducted, though to know exactly by how much, we'll have to check the XML.
Old 17th Mar 2019, 3:55 AM #1428
DrunkenWriter
Lab Assistant

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 90


Quote:
Originally Posted by Naus Allien
Yes, Sims in the science and medical career are more likely to be abducted, though to know exactly by how much, we'll have to check the XML.



I am currently playing with a sim that is the highest level in the scientist career and she gets abducted daily!

~*~Jekka~*~
Under Educated, Over Caffeinated
Old 18th Mar 2019, 12:31 AM #1429
aaries16
Instructor

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 553
Thanks: 72 in 1 Posts
3 Achievements


Just getting back into playing Sims 4 after a very very long break. I only have the base game and Seasons right now and have decided to play through the 100-baby challenge. My stupid questions:
1. Where can my sim woohoo other than the bed?
2. Where can my sim go out to eat? She can go on a date, but it seems like chips at bars are the only option for food. I downloaded a restaurant and my sim had to cook their own food.
3. Does anyone else's generations get a little out of sync? My matriarch sim was still a young adult when her oldest sons became adults on another lot. I had to manually age her up between pregnancies. Then I noticed those sons were more than halfway through adulthood, so I had to age my matriarch to elderhood quickly in order keep things in sync. If I hadn't done all that her oldest son would've died of old age while she was just becoming an adult.
4. By the way, what's the point of young adults vs. adults?
Old 18th Mar 2019, 12:45 AM #1430
Naus Allien
Instructor

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 579
Thanks: 1411 in 12 Posts
10 Achievements


@aaries16
1- Bed, rocket ship, observatory and pile of leaves (Seasons).
2- You need to buy the Dine Out Game Pack to get proper restaurants.
3- Never had that happening, but I don't play rotationally (only one family per save) so I wouldn't know.
4- They're the same. I think there are minor physical changes (wrinkles), but other than that they play the exact same. Sims 4 needs a Generations pack to flesh out some life stages, mainly teens, adults and elders.
Old 18th Mar 2019, 1:05 AM #1431
Keren
Forum Resident

Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 650


Quote:
Originally Posted by aaries16
Just getting back into playing Sims 4 after a very very long break. I only have the base game and Seasons right now and have decided to play through the 100-baby challenge. My stupid questions:
1. Where can my sim woohoo other than the bed?
2. Where can my sim go out to eat? She can go on a date, but it seems like chips at bars are the only option for food. I downloaded a restaurant and my sim had to cook their own food.
3. Does anyone else's generations get a little out of sync? My matriarch sim was still a young adult when her oldest sons became adults on another lot. I had to manually age her up between pregnancies. Then I noticed those sons were more than halfway through adulthood, so I had to age my matriarch to elderhood quickly in order keep things in sync. If I hadn't done all that her oldest son would've died of old age while she was just becoming an adult.
4. By the way, what's the point of young adults vs. adults?


In addition to what Naus Allien answered

1. The Get Together closets are another option, also the Vampires coffin, and Get Famous levitating bed (pods?)
2. There are many other foods available for bars, chips is the only free one. you need to click on the bartender> Order food to see more options.
also, City Living market stalls are something you can plop down at any community lot for your liking. search in Build/Buy for "stall" to find them. or visit those that you have in the neighborhoods.
3. It seems like you have your age settings to age only the active household /and unplayed households.. you can change it so it will age up everyone on the same time via Game Options > Gameplay.
4. Yeah, no real difference other than what was mentioned..
Old 18th Mar 2019, 7:00 AM #1432
Ryûchan
Field Researcher

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 320


Is there any way to change work outfits/After school activity (like drama club for example) outfits on your sims? Just, you know, to another colour variant of the same outfit, it seems kind of strange that these clothes come with several colour options if all you ever get is the one (for example, Strangeville. Military career so far and the protective suit, I get the same colour versions for each sim and since there ARE a few to pick from apparently, I'd like to do that if possible). I feel like the answer to this is probably fairly obvious, but I just can't figure it out.
(Just sending sims to CAS while wearing said outfits doesn't help, of course)
Old 18th Mar 2019, 1:15 PM #1433
Keren
Forum Resident

Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 650


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry�chan
Is there any way to change work outfits/After school activity (like drama club for example) outfits on your sims? Just, you know, to another colour variant of the same outfit, it seems kind of strange that these clothes come with several colour options if all you ever get is the one (for example, Strangeville. Military career so far and the protective suit, I get the same colour versions for each sim and since there ARE a few to pick from apparently, I'd like to do that if possible). I feel like the answer to this is probably fairly obvious, but I just can't figure it out.
(Just sending sims to CAS while wearing said outfits doesn't help, of course)


You can do that with MCCC by clicking on the sim
MCCC > Sim Commands > Modify Career Outfit
Old 18th Mar 2019, 5:13 PM #1434
Emmett Brown
Scholar

Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,121


Is there any way to get the aliens to stop impregnating my male sims when they go into the science career? My sim came home from work and was immediately abducted before I could turn on the satellite dish to "no impregnate". I've already raised two aliens and now he has two more on the way.
Giving up the children as infants is just too heart wrenching.

Sims are better than us.
Old 18th Mar 2019, 5:39 PM #1435
Keren
Forum Resident

Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 650


Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett Brown
Is there any way to get the aliens to stop impregnating my male sims when they go into the science career? My sim came home from work and was immediately abducted before I could turn on the satellite dish to "no impregnate". I've already raised two aliens and now he has two more on the way.
Giving up the children as infants is just too heart wrenching.


You could change the abductions frequency into 0 chances with MCCC, but currently anything other than normal chances is throwing LEs
so gotta wait for MCCC to update.
Reply


Section jump:


Powered by MariaDB Some icons by http://dryicons.com.