Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2019 at 11:53 AM
Default Special Requirements for Neighbourhood With/Without CC
Hi all!

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.
I was wondering if to build a custom Neighbourhood, with and without CC, is there anything special you have to build? For example:
Apartment Life: Witch Lots
Bon Voyage: Secret Vacation Lots
FreeTime: Secret Hobby Lots
University: Secret Society Lots

I know that all the other lots: Community, Residential, Apartments, etc, are obviously necessary, but the Specialty Lots, not sure what else to call them, are the ones in question.
Any and all help is welcome and appreciated.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th May 2019 at 1:09 PM
None of this is required.

If you suppress the stealth hoods, you can replace the custom witch and hobby lots with your own if you like, and if you've built your own vacation locations and university subhoods, you can make your own secret society and hidden vacation lots if you want to. You can also play without them, if that's what you want. Custom content has nothing to do with anything.

Perhaps you can reword the question to get a better answer. Are you trying to find out all the different kinds of hidden lots the game has?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th May 2019 at 2:24 PM
Sorry, this post looked better in my head

I was just wondering if you had to build the specialty lots when you are making a neighbourhood from scratch, I've been wanting to do so for a while now, but didn't have any idea as to the specific requirements with regard to the lots.

And if it's not too much trouble...
I've read a thread somewhere, I think it was here on MTS, that with SimPE you can make the specialty lots, like the witch lots and the hobby lots, visible so that they can be edited. Where can I find a tutorial to do this? To be honest my knowledge of SimPE is limited to clicking the 'Start' button to look at all the object files
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th May 2019 at 3:06 PM
The standard witch and hobby lots are in what are known as "stealth neighborhoods" in your program files. Separate stealth neighborhoods also exist containing the townies, strays, and bin sims (Ottomas family, Julien Cooke, etc.). When you see people on here talking about "empty templates," they mean empty versions of these stealth neighborhoods with which people will replace the original ones, so as not to see the same sims in different neighborhoods.

Unless you take steps to suppress these stealth neighborhoods, they will attach themselves to any neighborhood you load, whether it's one of the ones that comes with the game, one you make yourself, or one you downloaded from someone else. The neighborhoods you can find for download have usually been made with these stealth neighborhoods suppressed (not just with empty templates, but no stealth hoods at all), so that downloaders can make up their own minds whether to attach them. If you had done this, you'd already know all this; so right now, if you create a custom neighborhood, all the stealth neighborhoods will attach themselves to it and you'll have witch lots, hobby lots, townies, and sims in the bin without further effort.

I don't offhand know where to find the tutorial for editing the witch and hobby lots, but if you look under "Modding" in the dropdown menu at the top of the screen, you'll find a forum for tutorials, so that'd be the first place to look.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#5 Old 25th May 2019 at 8:21 PM
Here is a tutorial for editing hobby lots: https://eulaliasims.tumblr.com/post...s-in-the-sims-2 but use it with caution.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th May 2019 at 9:21 PM
You don't need to do any of that. Premade Hobby and Witch lots hoods (which they're in) will be generated once you load up your created/chosen hood for the first time. To put it simply. You may need to put secret society lots in order to access them.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Alchemist
#7 Old 25th May 2019 at 9:24 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 26th May 2019 at 1:01 AM.
It's fine to edit the secret lots. I did it with info from MATY - same info that the tutorial above used. No problem. If you want the NPCs to generate, follow the advice to have a sim visit the lot BEFORE editing. Otherwise, it's straight-forward.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 25th May 2019 at 11:34 PM
Is possible to make a an entirely new magic/hobbies sub hood?

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Mad Poster
#9 Old 26th May 2019 at 12:09 AM
Probably. You'd want to have all your ducks in a row before you started, but the basic process would be as follows:

Create an absolutely empty neighborhood with no subhoods (including empty stealth hoods) attached.
Change the name from Nxxx to something distinctive, including all files inside the folder.
Change the neighborhood type to magic or hobbies.
Give it a unique instance number.
Build the neighborhood in the empty environment.

Now, how to do each of these things will depend on your setup and exactly what you want to do with the hood. Several years ago the late great Mootilda wrote a tutorial on the subject of creating custom subhood templates: http://modthesims.info/t/420196

The UC didn't exist when this tutorial was written, but more importantly you will note that neither magic nor hobby neighborhoods are among the subtypes listed as having been tested! This doesn't mean that it can't be done, but it does mean that Mootilda hadn't done it. This is something you'll have to research and may have to experiment with before it's done properly; however, someone here at MTS made default replacement hobby leaders awhile back, so I'd start by looking into that.

Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 26th May 2019 at 11:11 PM
Thanks I will have a look

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn