Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 25th May 2019 at 3:31 PM Last edited by LemonyLin : 25th May 2019 at 3:46 PM.
Any CC item where the texture its self is really dark, so you can't get true white, or soft pastels, because everything you put on it has a dingy gray undertone. I really like crisp colors, especially when it comes to white. I want that "I just soaked this in bleach within an inch of its life" white.

Necklaces that float REALLY badly. Like I get a little bit of float, it happens and actually it's necessary in a lot of cases. But come on, no one needs their necklaces floating like someone is standing over your sim with a giant cartoon magnet.

CC that does this:

I LOVE these meshes, I would be ALL OVER these meshes, but there is something wrong with all of them. The summer dress stretches horribly (Maybe a mis-connected vertice?) And I have no idea what causes the weird splotchy shiny patches on the rest. But the blue dress and blue shoes, are so very my style and I'm sad they don't work (I'm also too lazy to hunt them down and remove them, so <_<).

Items that look nothing like the preview screenshots. I've seen this a lot where the screenshots have crisp, clean, beautiful texture, and then you get in game and the texture is so blurry all the details you love are lost anyway (even on max settings).

Oversized clothing. I HATE this. It looks so cute in the previews, and then you put it in game and it makes your sim look HUGE. Usually it's just butt/hip/breast curvature exaggeration, but I also have found a couple where it's just an all over widening, it looks like my sims are wearing a fat suit.

Clothes that aren't weighted for body expansion, so you can't change the weight of your sim if they wear it.

But I will say I disagree with clothes enabled for everyday wear. I play a LOT of different households, and I appreciate that if they are high society royalty I can set their everyday wear to something extravagant. As it is, I use mods to make all clothes available for all filters.
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 25th May 2019 at 4:59 PM
I've been going mad recently tackling my Clothing folder (it's out of control ). Some clothes have the most ridiculous categories going. Pullovers with collared shirts enabled for athletic, leather miniskirts enabled for athletic (who do they think I'm making, Tifa Lockhart?), jeans and tops enabled for swimwear, things enabled for plumbots, horses, firefighters and singed...

And don't get me started on stray accessories on outerwear. I've had to mod out the game's obsession with adding gloves to everyone's outerwear because I have a pair of male nails which kept ending up on every single sim. Okay, some of my men would be fine with purple manicures, but others would not. Before the great nails epidemic, it was a gun... I removed that one in the end.
Field Researcher
#53 Old 25th May 2019 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nat 619
I've been going mad recently tackling my Clothing folder (it's out of control ). Some clothes have the most ridiculous categories going. Pullovers with collared shirts enabled for athletic, leather miniskirts enabled for athletic (who do they think I'm making, Tifa Lockhart?), jeans and tops enabled for swimwear, things enabled for plumbots, horses, firefighters and singed...

And don't get me started on stray accessories on outerwear. I've had to mod out the game's obsession with adding gloves to everyone's outerwear because I have a pair of male nails which kept ending up on every single sim. Okay, some of my men would be fine with purple manicures, but others would not. Before the great nails epidemic, it was a gun... I removed that one in the end.

How do you stop the game's obsession with gloves? I'd like to do that one myself.
Scholar
#54 Old 25th May 2019 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LemonyLin
How do you stop the game's obsession with gloves? I'd like to do that one myself.

Two ways to do this:

1: Download Buckley's Gloves Be Gone mod.
2: Use NRaas Retuner. Via City Hall, it's NRaas > Retuner > General > By Tunable XML > Sims3.Gameplay.Actors > Sim
kChanceRandomGenOuterwearHasWinterGloves and set it to 0. Or something like that, it might be Settings > General (I just grabbed that from someone else's post). I used this one myself since the gloves mod interferes with curfew mods, apparently.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 26th May 2019 at 4:05 PM
I think most people here have already covered most of my probs when it comes to hair. For me, the biggest annoyance is the super-weird, super-perfect 'Barbie' hairlines.

Another thing that bugs me is how many 'elder' CC items look befitting of the likes of Joan Collins, but not so much for the old dears who I want to look like my actual granny.

Again, as it's already been said, a lot of folk make the things they want to use and I'm no different. :D

.:: B2SIMS.com ::.
Forum Resident
#56 Old 26th May 2019 at 7:42 PM
There's a lot of CC that seems to "lay" oddly. Like, the fabric doesn't flow well and it looks weird on the Sim.

Also, those high heeled boots that end up on babies. You know the ones. And the Grim Reaper and centaur CC that also can end up on any Sim.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 27th May 2019 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nat 619
Two ways to do this:

1: Download Buckley's Gloves Be Gone mod.
2: Use NRaas Retuner. Via City Hall, it's NRaas > Retuner > General > By Tunable XML > Sims3.Gameplay.Actors > Sim
kChanceRandomGenOuterwearHasWinterGloves and set it to 0. Or something like that, it might be Settings > General (I just grabbed that from someone else's post). I used this one myself since the gloves mod interferes with curfew mods, apparently.

Thank you!
Instructor
Original Poster
#58 Old 27th May 2019 at 5:39 PM
Any CC item where the texture its self is really dark, so you can't get true white, or soft pastels, because everything you put on it has a dingy gray undertone. I really like crisp colors, especially when it comes to white. I want that "I just soaked this in bleach within an inch of its life" white.

CC that does this:

I LOVE these meshes, I would be ALL OVER these meshes, but there is something wrong with all of them. The summer dress stretches horribly (Maybe a mis-connected vertice?) And I have no idea what causes the weird splotchy shiny patches on the rest. But the blue dress and blue shoes, are so very my style and I'm sad they don't work (I'm also too lazy to hunt them down and remove them, so <_<).

Items that look nothing like the preview screenshots. I've seen this a lot where the screenshots have crisp, clean, beautiful texture, and then you get in game and the texture is so blurry all the details you love are lost anyway (even on max settings).
Clothes that aren't weighted for body expansion, so you can't change the weight of your sim if they wear it.

I know the struggle, but some of those clothes with weird patches look fine in the game, also, they obv make those clothes to only look good in photoshoots, not for playing the actual game. I sometimes can't recognize wtf i donwloaded and what was in my head then but then I find the flawless preview photo and realize that it wasn't my bad taste after all.

Quote: Originally posted by Brunnis-2
I think most people here have already covered most of my probs when it comes to hair. For me, the biggest annoyance is the super-weird, super-perfect 'Barbie' hairlines.

As much as It annoys me, baby hairs or hairlines as makeup solve that problem with darker hair. Like I said in the original post, for my the bigger problem are tiny foreheads that make my sims look disproportional, I don't know how it looks decent on the preview photos.
Top Secret Researcher
#59 Old 27th May 2019 at 7:05 PM
1. I hate it when most skins have too much detail on the abdomen that when you make sims fatter you get abs markings on a sim's belly. That was my problem with Ephemera's skins, so I couldn't make them my default one.
2. When a custom eye's sclera is too bright white or too dim. Or when it's yellowish you'll think the sim has jaundice.
3. Objects described as a functional object (dressers, bookshelves etc.) but finding it in a different category in game. Some objects in TSR are guilty of that.

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Scholar
#60 Old 27th May 2019 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
Some people photoshop the crap out of their screenshots, in much the same way that advertisers do. Nothing wrong with presenting the most perfect version of your item, but it still has to be truthful.

I came in to say something along those lines. It always annoys me when creators show screenshots that are edited in any way, or they used other mods to make their game look better which makes the screenshots look better than how most people will see things in their own game. Another thing is when a creator uploads something like an actual sim that has loads of extra CC used in the screenshot, and they don't mention it at all and it isn't included with the download. So I guess to sum things up, I just hate when you download any sort of CC and it doesn't look quite like what the creator's screenshots showed.
Instructor
#61 Old 27th May 2019 at 11:49 PM
Ooh I just remembered: items of clothing that were made with a program like Marvelous Designer, but they lowered the polycount so much that it looks like a blocky mess. If I can pick out the polygons in a mesh, or I can see through the backfaces, I don't want it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#62 Old 28th May 2019 at 12:16 PM
As for the too detailed cc, I use rarely ea stuff but many times it's shown that the cc closer to maxis match is better and more natural. The weird detailed cc only looks good with certain poses and body while the for example Anubis, Simsway or any other cc with a simple mesh but a good texture and it looks good with any pose and body like very thin or very fat.
The same is for the hair, the simplistic the hair mesh, the better it looks in the game like Ade or Nightcrawler (he's from my country lol).
Forum Resident
#63 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 12:50 AM
I hate when a cc is missing l0ds
I hate when the cc cuts the sims
I hate when the shoes cc make the texture of the clothes darker
I hate crappy textures
I hate when a cc is not well categorized.

These are availible for cas/buy/build.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Mad Poster
#64 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 1:03 AM
I used to be really annoyed by clothing CC that only had a diffuse texture. Or worse yet, a phototexture. If you're going to use a crappy photo as the basis for your texture, at least slap a specular on it or something. THEY'RE NOT HARD TO MAKE. And yeah, normal maps can be quite tricky but don't share your shit if you're not prepared to put effort into it. Christ. People can be so fucking lazy and I say that as someone who's so fucking lazy that 90% of all the CC I've ever made is unfinished. I'm sitting here with CC I started in 2015, almost finished but not completely, and I'm not ready to share it. I started my second episode 49 weeks ago now. At least 60% of the footage I'm using is from 2018 but I'm only getting around to finishing and editing it now.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Forum Resident
#65 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
I used to be really annoyed by clothing CC that only had a diffuse texture. Or worse yet, a phototexture. If you're going to use a crappy photo as the basis for your texture, at least slap a specular on it or something. THEY'RE NOT HARD TO MAKE. And yeah, normal maps can be quite tricky but don't share your shit if you're not prepared to put effort into it. Christ. People can be so fucking lazy and I say that as someone who's so fucking lazy that 90% of all the CC I've ever made is unfinished. I'm sitting here with CC I started in 2015, almost finished but not completely, and I'm not ready to share it. I started my second episode 49 weeks ago now. At least 60% of the footage I'm using is from 2018 but I'm only getting around to finishing and editing it now.

I have the same reaction and I am not a mesher !

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Instructor
Original Poster
#66 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 3:11 PM
I thought of an another thing that annoys me when I wanted to check if this thread is still alive.
For those downloading pre-made sims from tumblr blogs, they look absolutely gorgeous on the preview like 10/10, when you load them in cas they're 8/10 maybe (it happens to my sims too it's okay), and when you think about them actually reproducing and seeing how they as children would look and the opposite gender, they look like something that you would in sleep paralysis or an ugly ass caricature. Maybe those sims are just for modeling cc.
Another thing is the makeup, male cheekbone shadows look sexy af on the preview but look like dirt in CAS. Also eyeliners can look very fucked up of they don't have the right eye shape unlike the other sims games where it looks almost the same. I discovered eyeshadows that go together with eyeliner and it doesn't change then.
Just for the end, does anyone have a problem with reducing the length of eyelashes completely so you could apply falsies? I have the mod for removing but it's actually double the default legit in most of the sims.
Test Subject
#67 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 9:08 PM
The thing I really hate is BAD TAGS!!!!! Omg, like why do some creators tag jeans and leather jackets as swimwear? I doN't even bother to re-tag them anymore, I just delete them. Oh and the photoshopped preview images... ugh. I think I have tons of stuff I hate when it comes to cc, but it all boils down to personal preference... things like overused vitiligo and heterochromia eyes, boring hipster clothes, mouths that look like stung by a bee etc.
Mad Poster
#68 Old 18th Jun 2019 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RammPatricia
The thing I really hate is BAD TAGS!!!!! Omg, like why do some creators tag jeans and leather jackets as swimwear?

You don't wear jeans and leather when you go swimming?

In all seriousness though, both could be appropriated as sleepwear. Trust me, I have. It's not even that I came home at 4 AM after a long evening of partying and dropped dead straight into my bed, I'm not that interesting, but I must've decided it was cold and both my sweater collection and my central heating knob were too far away.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
Original Poster
#69 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PizzaPartyForever
Okay, I'm gonna be really petty for a second.

I love Frankie/Gruesims. Honestly she's the best! She literally taught me everything I know about making CC, every friend i have on tumblr I made through Simply Simblr For Fun challenges and all in all she seems like a lovely gal who has done shitloads for the community...

...that being said every single skin she makes is just pure, adulterated diarrhea sewer sludge. I even prefer hyper realistic, photoskinned skins but GOTTDAMN if those skins are a hate crime against people with eyeballs.

Just checked Gruesims, the first black male sim that appeared was nice, a normal skin with a lot of shine details and pores stuff what I actually use, honestly 9/10. As soon as I went to downloads HOLY SHIT THOSE BABIES LOOK LIKE THEY'RE IN EARLY STAGES OF RADIATION POISONING.
Field Researcher
#70 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 7:52 PM
so we have all this cc available to us and for free and what we do? complain like entitled little shits. Now I understand why so many creators remove their downloads and entire blogs. In fact, I went to read gruesims blog and she had written this to response to somebody's critique:

"This community is very much a “you should give me good CC for free” place and it irks me a little. I create CC for me, and I do it because I enjoy it. I do the challenges because I love seeing how people interact. But like 90% of the creators out there, I often feel like people expect CC instead of appreciating it. I get likes on my stuff, but rarely comments or tags I try to do the best work I can but I will honestly admit that at some point I just give up with making it perfect because perfect on simblr is not worth it"

When somebody who isn't a creator or active on tumblr like myself can sense that, you know it is bad. Also, these kinda attitudes make me never want to put out downloads ever. I will just continue to mod to my own enjoyment.

btw, if you don't like someones aesthetic how about you just shut up and go create your own cc? This whole thread is just a thinly veiled my personal taste is the only right way. E.g. 1, and wtf? Like oh my god if somebody else likes to play with a different look or loves to photoshop their pictures to please themselves and not me. Especially on their own tumblr. The horror. How dare they develop their own style!
Field Researcher
#71 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Giga
so we have all this cc available to us and for free and what we do? complain like entitled little shits. Now I understand why so many creators remove their downloads and entire blogs. In fact, I went to read gruesims blog and she had written this to response to somebody's critique:

"This community is very much a “you should give me good CC for free” place and it irks me a little. I create CC for me, and I do it because I enjoy it. I do the challenges because I love seeing how people interact. But like 90% of the creators out there, I often feel like people expect CC instead of appreciating it. I get likes on my stuff, but rarely comments or tags I try to do the best work I can but I will honestly admit that at some point I just give up with making it perfect because perfect on simblr is not worth it"

When somebody who isn't a creator or active on tumblr like myself can sense that, you know it is bad. Also, these kinda attitudes make me never want to put out downloads ever. I will just continue to mod to my own enjoyment.

btw, if you don't like someones aesthetic how about you just shut up and go create your own cc? This whole thread is just a thinly veiled my personal taste is the only right way. E.g. 1, and wtf? Like oh my god if somebody else likes to play with a different look or loves to photoshop their pictures to please themselves and not me. Especially on their own tumblr. The horror. How dare they develop their own style!

Yea, I agree with what you're saying, but there are a few select things that I feel should be disclosed from uploaders..? Kudos to them for making anything in the first place, but I'd like to think that some people might look over threads like these (and disregard any offensive or debatable comments) and notice the few comments that could be considered constructive feedback.. i.e. categorizing boots as swimwear-- say a creator just checks every box for clothing categories when making cc, but maybe they don't realize that they might be better off excluding some categories for specific items. Ofc everything should be taken with a grain of salt, and after everything's said and done it is ultimately up to the creator about how they present their creations.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 11:04 PM

The splotchy shiny patches are a result of overlapping UV maps, and it only happens on CAS - those pieces will look fine in-game. It really does not look good in CAS, but for some complex meshes, especially those with lots of meshed, instead of textured, layers (double if there's a transparent layer) it's practically unavoidable unless you make you UV map really small and increase the pattern tiling to make up for the difference, but this will end with a blurry multiplier unless you start playing with 2048 textures/HQ mod stuff.
Mad Poster
#73 Old 20th Jun 2019 at 12:08 AM
Sometimes the categorizing problem is simply a lack of knowledge. They first learn to make CC, and after a while realize that things aren't showing up where they should, and eventually learn how to recategorize or fix their CC so it looks and works better.

A lot of my old creations were badly categorized, and it took me quite a while to figure out how to properly fix them. Some I didn't fix until several years later...

But then again, tutorials are mostly easily available these days, and it usually doesn't take that long to figure out what to do and which boxes to tick. Often it's just pure laziness.

For my own personal use I have a tendency to categorize some clothes as all categories, because it helps a lot when doing storytelling (having 5-6 outfit options readily available to switch between instead of just 2-3 useful ones, and sometimes it's easier to find outfits in the swim, PJs and undies categories since they're not cluttered beyond all reason). I don't usually do this to things I upload, though, and TS2 outfits work somewhat different from TS3, so I'm not sure how useful this method would be for TS3.
Instructor
Original Poster
#74 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 11:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Giga

Okay I may have been too rough on the criticism on those posts and some people might find it hateful but It's not like I wrote directly to those creators, I would never do that and it would probably hurt them, my sims were once roasted on reddit lol. I didn't even include the names of creators (i think) and it's unlikely they will find this thread and browse until they stumble across their stuff. People just want to share their opinions that the creatiors have very little chance of seeing and people are entitled to their opinions of any kind.
Site Helper
#75 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 2:15 PM
Just a side note: Anyone with an orange name is a creator who has something posted at MTS. Some other people with blue names are creators who have things hosted somewhere other than MTS. If you look at the number of orange names in this thread, it's probably not a good idea to assume that it's unlikely that one of the creators you are talking about will see the thread. (Especially as you can read the threads without even having an account. It's just downloading that you need to be registered for.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Page 3 of 3