Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 4:21 AM Last edited by daisylee : 4th Jul 2018 at 11:16 PM.
Default Need Help With Redo of Pounawea - Solved!
I am not sure if this should be here or the CAW section? Has anyone played Pounawea made by Awesims? I downloaded it and then took it into CAW and have worked on it steadily for about 2 weeks. Fabulous world and I made it even nicer. Problem is, I cannot play it. Is it just me?

I have an i7 and never have had issues and can play other worlds easily. Have Jericho installed and others and all play smoothly. Pounawea freezes nonstop. Over and over and over. I have done the usual trick of resetting the town with Master Controller. I know the routing is fine as have been over it many times. Have just one mixologist fool that gets stuck on a beach a lot. But one sim getting stuck now and then does not jam up a world like this.

The creator used the most trees I have ever seen and waves, waves, waves. I got rid of at least half of them. There are many waterfalls and she used so many waterfall effects that I cannot even begin to count them. Are the falls, too many of them, perhaps overtaxing this world? If possible I may delete at least of them.

It is very sad as this is a beautiful world and my sims got an awesome house on the beach. But....

This is the world.

http://sims3.thesimscatalog.com/sim...edium/pounawea/
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 6:37 AM
A single, stuck Sim can, in fact, freeze your world.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 10:24 AM
All the effects are taxing yes, but beautiful as well. If you had the world in caw, you can check it, but you can also install overwatch and errortrapp.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 8:29 AM
Hi there,
I've been playing with a reworked Pounawea for ages, and it never freezes for me. I have reduced some of the effects, especially the waterfalls, also thinned out the trees a little, and it is working just fine. The original Pounawea also did, as far as I remember, so there's probably really some specific mistake that you are having. I'd also vote for the stuck Sim being the problem!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 9:30 AM Last edited by daisylee : 4th Jul 2018 at 12:50 PM.
Thanks everyone! I will go into CAW again and see why that Chet Stevenson keeps getting stuck at that one place. I also think I will thin a lot of trees and falls. Will let you all know if it works as I really do love that world and hate to scrap it.

edit: I went to back to CAW and deleted quite a few trees and some of the waterfall effects. Have a sim now that generates unroutable notices over and over. He shows up in tagger about half the time. He is a mixologist and manages to make it all over town. He has been to the lookout, the golf club, the beach, the park, the salon twice, and other places I have seen him. He is not blocked at all and complains and generates notices a lot, and there is nothing wrong with where he is, or he generates the notices and then moves after some complaints. I have no idea what is going on with this one sim. And for some reason it is always the mixologists or proprietors that seem to generate the problems. Too many drinks?

The world is playing a bit better after the tree and falls deletions, but still is freezing too much.
Inventor
#7 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 1:50 PM
What if you anihalate that one problem sim? Does the newly generated mixologist contunue to have routing fail?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 2:09 PM
Let me try that. Before Chet S was a mixologist. Now Raymundo is one. The only other error that generates is one sim whom I created and when he goes to work as a proprietor he gets stuck then goes in. I will nuke Raymundo and see if a replacement problem sim is generated.
dodgy builder
#9 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 2:43 PM
This is interesting. I always thought it followed lots, but you say it follows sims. What can possibly be done about that?
Site Helper
#10 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 3:45 PM
Are there any other mixologists? It sounds as though he might be the one the game thinks is assigned to all those spots, so he would be complaining that he can't reach his bar across town because he's stuck at the one he's currently working.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 4:05 PM
Had mixologist Chet S and had problems with him, Started new game after some changes in CAW and had Raymundo L and had problems with him. Forced killed him. Game generated Derek J and then had problems with him. All are mixologists. Derek liked to go to the salon like Raymundo and complain there. Force killed Derek from thirst! LOL Deleted all professional bars in town and the salon. Had an old lady have an error, found her on a houseboat, she got off then I watched her walk half way around town all night with her cane, in a thunderstorm, the game pausing constantly. When playing the family it is better and lags about once an hour. But as soon as one of these problem sims get stuck all heck breaks loose.

Moved them to IP and it is very smooth. I know it is not the family or mods as they play smoothly everywhere else. It is just this one world that has issues for me.

Have done cache clearing also.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 5:12 PM
Where and when exactly do they get stuck? Are the bar objects/the lots routable? Conflicts with opening hours on lot types that are not supposed to have professional bar objects?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 5:33 PM
They get stuck all over town. Let me look at lot open times. I did not check that. I do not think they work at any of them though, which is odd. There are just a few professional bars in town, about 5 and when I look at tagger other mixologists are working those bars. So these should not be assigned to them? And I think when Nraas has the popups that mixologists are generated for bars they do not show. Let me check again. Will do a new save and see who is generated to work the bars and then who gets stuck. And will check the hours.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 6:00 PM
recalculate routing and check to see if the lots the sims are getting stuck at have been conformed.

Sims are better than us.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 6:03 PM
Not sure I understand. Does it affect all mixologists? Or a specific lot where all mixologists would get stuck? Do you use the latest version of NRAAS ErrorTrap?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 6:43 PM Last edited by daisylee : 5th Jul 2018 at 5:15 PM.
I think I may have found the problem. Generated a new game and wrote down when each mixologist was generated and then watched to see where they went to work. 5 were generated and one was getting stuck. Looked about town to see where the mixologists were working. The 4 others were where they were supposed to be. Nobody was working a very remote sports bar at the golf course. I deleted the bar there. Started over in a new game and 4 generated instead of 5 and they went to their locations. Right now the game is playing much better. I want to look at that sports bar in CAW and see if there is a routing problem to there or if it is just too remote?

Also, I used to be able to nuke paparazzi however that is spelled (!) in register and now there is no option. Something must have changed about register as they are all over town.

Maybe I have found the problem. Off to CAW now. And good idea to make sure there is no problem with that lot being conformed. I have not touched that lot but have found a few that had issues. Also there were a heck of a lot of lots on the roads with the invisible sidewalks. I replaced all the roads and was able to really see that. Have moved quite a few lots and roads, and gotten a lot of vegetation off roads also.

EDIT: found a problem getting to the sports bar. The long sidewalk access had one part that was unroutable. Putting new export in game. Shall see if that one sidewalk caused all the problems or not? Fingers and toes are crossed this is solved.

YAY! It seems like I am in business now. It is hard to believe some sidewalk issue could mess up a game totally. I think all is OK now, or at least well enough to play this world. Fixed the one area and also made a shortcut up the hills so the mixologist does not have to run the course to get there. Thank you for all the suggestions! And I read to use global roles in register so no pesky paparazzi now!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 21st May 2020 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I think I may have found the problem. Generated a new game and wrote down when each mixologist was generated and then watched to see where they went to work. 5 were generated and one was getting stuck. Looked about town to see where the mixologists were working. The 4 others were where they were supposed to be. Nobody was working a very remote sports bar at the golf course. I deleted the bar there. Started over in a new game and 4 generated instead of 5 and they went to their locations. Right now the game is playing much better. I want to look at that sports bar in CAW and see if there is a routing problem to there or if it is just too remote?

Also, I used to be able to nuke paparazzi however that is spelled (!) in register and now there is no option. Something must have changed about register as they are all over town.

Maybe I have found the problem. Off to CAW now. And good idea to make sure there is no problem with that lot being conformed. I have not touched that lot but have found a few that had issues. Also there were a heck of a lot of lots on the roads with the invisible sidewalks. I replaced all the roads and was able to really see that. Have moved quite a few lots and roads, and gotten a lot of vegetation off roads also.

EDIT: found a problem getting to the sports bar. The long sidewalk access had one part that was unroutable. Putting new export in game. Shall see if that one sidewalk caused all the problems or not? Fingers and toes are crossed this is solved.

YAY! It seems like I am in business now. It is hard to believe some sidewalk issue could mess up a game totally. I think all is OK now, or at least well enough to play this world. Fixed the one area and also made a shortcut up the hills so the mixologist does not have to run the course to get there. Thank you for all the suggestions! And I read to use global roles in register so no pesky paparazzi now!

Hello! I know a long time has passed, but I am playing this world, it seems beautiful to me but the routing is non-existent. Could you pass me the fix? I really want to play in this world. Thanks in advance! And sorry for my English.