Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#326 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 1:28 AM
My unpopular opinion: I love auto-roof. Nothing better than building a boxy house and sticking an auto-roof on top.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#327 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 11:50 AM
My main problem with Sims 2 pets is that their behaviors are so limited. Once I've seen the few animation/behaviors that they're programmed with, they get boring. Pets just don't seem to have much personality in this game. Every real cat or dog I've ever had in my life was a unique individual with a very distinct personality.

I also remember being very angry when I first saw a trailer for Pet Stories. This is supposed to be the "light" version of Sims 2 and they get dog agility competitions! I'm still upset about that.
Mad Poster
#328 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
My main problem with Sims 2 pets is that their behaviors are so limited. Once I've seen the few animation/behaviors that they're programmed with, they get boring. Pets just don't seem to have much personality in this game. Every real cat or dog I've ever had in my life was a unique individual with a very distinct personality.

I also remember being very angry when I first saw a trailer for Pet Stories. This is supposed to be the "light" version of Sims 2 and they get dog agility competitions! I'm still upset about that.

I believe those are available for download somewhere now for TS2...
Scholar
#329 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.

Affinity sims, I think.
And I have a cat on my lap right now. A black tabby (black with faint brown stripes) who's name is Moses since we rescued him from drowning.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Alchemist
#330 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 1:07 PM

They are here. http://affinitysims.com/files/file/...sion-to-sims-2/
Mad Poster
#331 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.

Would that be legal though?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#332 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix

Given that EA has moved on to other things, it shouldn't be a problem. :P
Lab Assistant
#333 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 6:00 PM
I love Servos. Werewolves are boring. So are Plantsims.

And you may ask yourself, "Am I right? Am I wrong?"
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#334 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix

It's just another conversion. Though it's probably technically an infringement I don't think they really care.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#335 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Nope. Pets are supposed to control vermin, herd livestock, serve as eyes, produce food, protect children and belongings . . . and I'd go so far as to say that most people who have 'problem' pets, have problems because they aren't providing opportunities for the animals to work. If you have a Border Collie and nothing to herd, a Labrador and nothing to retrieve, a cat and nothing to hunt . . . you're going to have problems. Thus the need to play fetch with the Lab and provide a Lazar pointer for the cat in an environment where they don't have real work.

(Why yes, my home would qualify as hobby farm, how did you ever guess?)

I agree to some extend with you, but would like to point out that "companionship" is also a job a pet can provide in real life. Of course, not every breed of dog/cat is generally speaking equally qualified to have that as their primary task, but it is a valid and important task nonetheless, for instance a Caucasian Shepherd would fit not very well into a companion role, no matter how much they look like a cuddle bear.
A lot of problems arise when people go for a specific breed because they are pretty/trendy or were cute in a movie/cartoon and don't know about the specific needs and general temperament of the breed in question.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Test Subject
#336 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 10:05 PM
Having a with/warlock is hard considering for EVERY spell you have to make a reagent, sims 3 did it better in my opinion
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#337 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 10:11 PM
@complexion - there's a mod that makes it so the spells don't require reagents! I still have one of my witches sell reagents in her shop, though. They make nice paperweights.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
#338 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
@complexion - there's a mod that makes it so the spells don't require reagents! I still have one of my witches sell reagents in her shop, though. They make nice paperweights.

I must have I would love witches so much
Mad Poster
#339 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 12:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
They are here. http://affinitysims.com/files/file/...sion-to-sims-2/

Yes, I've had the extracted agility objects in my game for awhile now, but it's still not possible to have real scored competitions with them like in Pet Stories. I seem to remember hearing that some modder was trying to get that working in TS2, but I haven't heard that anybody ever succeeded with it.
Undead Molten Llama
#340 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by complexion
I must have I would love witches so much

The No Stupid Reagents mod: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=299368

I don't play with witches much because they are, frankly, underwhelming. (In my unpopular opinion, maybe. ) But when I do have one, I certainly don't want to spend hours making reagents just so they can cast one or two spells. :P

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#341 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 8:01 PM
I really wish they had used more of the ideas from TS1 for the witches. I used to love that duelling thing.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#342 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 8:15 PM
Sims 2 witches are absolutely awful. Their spells basically do nothing you can't get some other way and half of the time aren't even worth the effort (even more so without the No Stupid Reagents Mod) I tried to play them this time around but by now it has degenerated into them basically just using the teleport and the "produce food" spell. On occasion, maybe teleporting a Sim to the lot or casting a maliferum attackum (or whatever)
They can't even banish the burglar from the lot! They are freaking wtiches and can't use the magic to defend their home! But they can make their invited guest disappear "yay"

We needed magic duels, that spell that turns pets into Sims and maybe some more of the more sepctacular stuff from Making Magic. Apartment Life should have really been a proper magic expansion instead.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Instructor
#343 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 1:43 AM

I have the same beef. I imagine making pet CAS and making new models and animations for cats and dogs must have taken a lot of development time because I can't explain why an expansion based solely on pets was so lacking in all gameplay aspects.

Also regarding the stories games, I feel like Castaway Stories had vastly better beach lots and a better island theme in general than anything Twikkii Island had to offer.
Field Researcher
#344 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 3:37 AM
To be fair, most spells in The Sims weren't that great either - and the most useful ones tended to need hard-to-get ingredients, like Diamond Dust(199 MagiCoins, which is a lot, especially with the unforgiving needs decay in The Sims) or Glacial Glass (random reward for a Merchant Quest, but the way the odds for giving rewards is set up, you rarely get this from any merchant). And good luck getting your magic sim kid to get anything from the dragon you bought for her! Dueling was great fun though. And hypnotizing the snake.
It's hard to make a magic system in a game that doesn't focus on it in the first place, but even then it's hard to make a fun magic system anyway. I just wish that at a certain level of aptitude a sim could just easily magic stuff clean and such, instead of collecting stuff and hope you have what you need to clean the house somewhat. That would actually be a reward for keeping the witchy powers up.
For an actually unpopulair opinion: I actually don't mind that much how bare-bones the Pets expansion is. Compared with what pets were in The Sims, we got a lot of improvement. I also don't mind that my sims can't spend precious hours shooing the cat of their lap, but I get that having more interactions between pets and everything else would have made them much more fun and lively. (I do miss being able to have reptiles, I also miss the wild bunnies. 4 games and only the first one has rabbits?)
Test Subject
#345 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 3:59 AM
@iCad - thank you!!!
Scholar
#346 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 7:50 AM
I hate you Body Shop.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Forum Resident
#347 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 11:56 AM
I have Open for business.
Like WHY IS THERE COSTUMERS AT 3AM???
I hate college bc it takes forever and honestly sort of cheating to when they get a job ---
And I hate pets
I’m sorry but I don’t have time to take care of pets at all

Like I really like the furniture the packs bring
I just hate their main purposes

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#348 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 12:10 PM
What? Costumers at 3am? I have this mental picture of the clown from Sims 1 all dressed up standing on the sidewalk at 3am. I'm scared.
Undead Molten Llama
#349 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam
I hate you Body Shop.

Someone after my own heart! I can't stand BodyShop (which I call "BS" for a reason!). Like, I don't even use it to recolor hair, aside from very briefly to make an appropriate number of "dummy" recolor packages for a given hair. Other than that, I do all the real work in SimPE just to avoid screwing around with BS's system. Ugh, ugh, ugh!

Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
I have Open for business.
Like WHY IS THERE COSTUMERS AT 3AM???
I hate college bc it takes forever and honestly sort of cheating to when they get a job ---
And I hate pets
I’m sorry but I don’t have time to take care of pets at all

Like I really like the furniture the packs bring
I just hate their main purposes

There are, of course, mods (or just ways of playing) to adjust many issues with the EPs that you don't like. Like, don't play or visit a business at 3AM and there will be no customers there. Or like, the things you dislike about Uni. (Which I agree with, especially when playing with age mods, when it comes to the "cheating" aspect. In that case, I don't want my Sims to be almost at the top of their career fresh out of college, especially if I've got 200+ days of adulthood ahead of them. ) You can, for instance, download a mod that shortens the semester length (I use two-day semesters because it fits in better with my rotation-playing scheme), and if the game gives you a too-high career level, you can use the Sim Blender (or something like it) to push them back to the level you think they should be at, fresh out of college. In any case, no EP is going to be exactly as every player wants it, and I think the developers were well aware that the modding community would go to work on it to provide options for different kinds of playing.

But generally speaking, for me, for pretty much every EP, there's a main feature of it that I like and a main feature that I don't like, with varying degrees of balance. Like with BV, I love, love, love beach lots, and I like lots of the little features that the EP added -- the dances, the "viral" gestures (I know a lot of people hate those, but I just love them ), tai chi, Bigfoot, etc. -- but I don't think the actual vacations are that great. Once you've done them once, they're not that exciting. With AL, I love apartments. I don't generally have any issues with "glitches" aside from the occasional portal error, and some of the ways they're programmed is kind of weird (but fixable, with mods), but I love the flexibility the apartment thing offers, even if I'm just making "rental houses" instead of actual apartments. But I wouldn't care if there were no witches, at least not with the way that EA made them.

I think that one of the reasons why the Pets EP is generally disliked is that ALL it did was add pets and only a small number, at that. (Though that I can understand; I imagine that the AI programming for the cats/dogs is rather complex and is probably why the other pets are very simple by comparison.) There is no other "main feature" of the EP for players to either like or dislike. So, if you're uninterested in pets in general or if you don't like how they work in the EP, then there's no reason to like the EP at all.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#350 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
What? Costumers at 3am? I have this mental picture of the clown from Sims 1 all dressed up standing on the sidewalk at 3am. I'm scared.

I was thinking of a fleet of valets and tailors with tape measures ....

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Page 14 of 17