Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#14376 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
They were still going at it after 12 hours. I figured something went wrong but I couldn't get past the fight cloud to force error on them so I did the next best thing - exit without saving.

This is why I didn't care for it and modded zombieapoc to play without it. I just tweaked zombieapoc to skip the endless loop and just finish already.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#14377 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Here's an old discussion thread from 2008 about Fight Club. Long fights are to be expected. The OP mentions one that lasted just over 9 sim-hours. Pescado says that need/motive drains are not suspended during a fight and one sim can lose by suffering a critical motive failure (so if you get bored, you can use the testing cheats to drag some motive all the way down?).

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....msg334899.html

I wonder if this means someone could die from a fight under the right circumstances. Likely not, as I think that the last bit of the hunger motive takes forever to drain.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#14378 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 9:14 AM
Merging package files really does cut down on the loading time. [src]
What exactly do you mean by merging package files? Is it, say, extracting 10 packages' contents to desktop via SimPE, then making a new package by importing those records from the desktop?
Mad Poster
#14379 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 10:09 AM
It's a bit more complicated than that-you have to bundle up the contents of the CC you choose and then make a bigger bundle of them in SimPE. There are constraints to this, but it can help out tremendously with speeding up the game.
This thread at GOS discusses the process: http://gardenofshadows.org.uk/garde...19400#msg719400

Almighty Hat's process of doing it:
Quote:
Well, the way I do it...
0. Collect the content you want in one bundle in one folder. All the recolors of a specific hair mesh/alpha edit you use, the default replacement clothes you know you're never going to get rid of, the Castaway Stories walls from MATY, whatever.
1. Start SimPE. Click on the blank-page "Create New Package" icon.
2. You have two panes up top, Resource Tree and Resource List. Right-click anywhere in the Resource List pane and select Add.
3. Navigate to your folder full of goodies to bundle. Said goodies will not show up by default; you need to go down to the drop-down menu at the bottom of the Open window that comes up when you select Add (like any time you tell any program to open something, that sort of window) and select either DBPF Package or All Files. (Either will work fine, just remember to avoid adding any Read-Me or preview-image files.) You will need to re-select DBPF Package or All Files every single time, so if you have a lot of content you want to bundle, best get used to it now.
4. Select all the files you want in your bundle. When I'm doing hairs or clothing recolors, I include the mesh file. Click Open to add the files to your bundle package-- and if you've selected a LOT of them, be patient while SimPE puts them together.
5. Save your package file as something descriptive, easy-to-remember, and without any special characters.
6. Remove your original files, which are now backups, to a safe location.
7. Run the Compressorizer over the bundled file, because it will be bloated as hell.

You will, if you try to bundle a TON of things into one package, or a ton of packages one after the other, run into SimPE's out-of-memory exception error. If you get that, first, go up top on SimPE and select Extra, then Preferences, and when the Preferences window pops up (this may take a minute), go to SimPE settings and click Clear History, then Clear Cache (accept when this tells you you'll need to restart SimPE for it to take effect), then Okay, and wait for the window to go away. If you have an in-progress bundle loaded but not saved, you can try to save again at this point and it MAY work. If it doesn't, you'll need to restart SimPE to clear its cache, like the pop-up window said.

If you STILL can't make the bundle you want to make even with your history and cache cleared, you will need to split it in half. I had to divide some bundles into thirds because trying to save all 42 of CuriousB's actions run over outfits with two groups into one bundle just wouldn't work. I think my system's hard limit is somewhere around 30MB for a single package file (certainly I've never been able to save a package bigger than that); this could vary on other systems.

Does that help?

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Theorist
#14380 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 10:58 AM
Thanks, I'll look further into this later.

Is it possible to force weather on a lot, i.e. regardless of season, have it always rain on a lot, but without the use of the weather machine? Is there a flag I can set in SimPE?
Lab Assistant
#14381 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 11:32 AM
So how does nuking a stuck party controller (with Batbox) work? I downloaded default replacement for the wedding limo without realizing it was broken (deleted it immediately) and it kept repeating the wedding party for me after showing error message when the couple were in the "limo" for a moment. I read from one of the threads that nuking the stuck party controller might work, but i'm scared to try it out, that i break something else. So how does it work?
Field Researcher
#14382 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 5:34 PM
Just un update for the question I had a few days ago...
Sunrader, I tried the Quiet Pregnancy and it works I placed the Gavigans in a test hood (just to be safer, even if I made a back up before that) and they tried for baby the moment they got in the house. There were no baby chimes and I didn't know if it worked or not. When it was time for them to go to bed I told them to cuddle and there was no "try for baby" command. Next morning came and Mary threw up with the "am I pregnant?" thought bubble and a little while later she got her first baby bump!
I just love the element of surprise it brings because yes, Mary Gavigan was my "test subject" and they "tried for baby" but with the risky woohoo that comes with ACR, I will never know if my romance sims are "in trouble" or not until it's too late

Thanks again for your help, sunrader and sorry for the late answer. There's a big heat wave where I live and I was away from my game for the past few days
Alchemist
#14383 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by natbsim75

Thanks again for your help, sunrader and sorry for the late answer. There's a big heat wave where I live and I was away from my game for the past few days

Great! Glad it worked. That sounds fun.
Inventor
#14384 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 6:07 PM
How do I edit out the blush and mascara of Lyran's skinset? I've been on the hunt for more Maxis in-between skins lately and I found them through tumblr, but was disappointed that the faces came with makeup already blended in.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#14385 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 6:21 PM
Quote:
I wonder if this means someone could die from a fight under the right circumstances. Likely not, as I think that the last bit of the hunger motive takes forever to drain.

I actually had a pixel die from starvation, and exhaustion in a fight. Lillith Pleasant for that matter. She couldn't stop fighting. I think it took about 3 hours because she was tired to begin with, and that certainly didn't help...

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#14386 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 9:27 AM
How can I set manually in SimPE the number of vacation days?
Mad Poster
#14387 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 11:43 AM
@Amura - I don't know how, but I think InSim or the Manipulator have options to change the number of days.

New question: Is there a way to prevent visiting Sims from getting trapped inside other apartments?

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#14388 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 12:33 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 15th Jul 2018 at 1:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Amura
How can I set manually in SimPE the number of vacation days?

@Amura

I use this Mod Squinge's Grilled Cheese and Date Counter to add to the number of vacation days. Look under Cheats on the Picture and you will find the part that adds Vacation Days.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Undead Molten Llama
#14389 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
How do I edit out the blush and mascara of Lyran's skinset? I've been on the hunt for more Maxis in-between skins lately and I found them through tumblr, but was disappointed that the faces came with makeup already blended in.

You'd need to extract the texture images that include makeup. I'd do it in SimPE because I hate Bodyshop. Then, edit the images in an image editor (i.e. Photoshop and the like) to remove the makeup. Then, back in SimPE, replace the original images with the edited ones you made.

New question: Is there a way to prevent visiting Sims from getting trapped inside other apartments?

You mean like when there's a "traffic jam" in a small hallway and the game pops the Sim into an apartment that isn't theirs to resolve it? I just turn on moveobjects (Well, it's always turned on in my game, but...) and enable tools (boolprop aptsublotspecifictoolsdisabled false) and grab them in buy mode and put them back where they ought to be.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#14390 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 3:14 PM
More along the line of when visiting another apartment, sometimes visitors will go inside. Then if your playable leaves the entire thing blacks out and the visitor is still inside until you knock on the door again (which can be downright impossible at times). The Teleporter Cat isn't able to see them to zap them off.

Undead Molten Llama
#14391 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 3:25 PM
Hmmm, I can't say that's ever happened to me, probably because I don't often visitors over on apartment lots and when I do I don't go visiting other residents. I guess you can't see them to grab them with moveobjects on because otherwise you wouldn't be asking the question, so...I dunno. Wouldn't the visitor leave of their own volition, eventually? Like at 2AM when the game makes visitors leave?

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Mad Poster
#14392 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 5:41 PM
Nope, they're stuck in there for good. It wouldn't be too bad if there was a way to force the neighbours to answer the door.

Undead Molten Llama
#14393 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 5:49 PM
Well. That's inconvenient.

And yeah, trying to visit a neighbor is a pain. My apartment-dwellers often roll up wants to visit building-mates in their apartments, but it seems that they only go in there to "sleep," when you can't visit them. I mean, there's a tiny window here and there when they're awake but inside, but otherwise they're hanging out outside or they're at work. So, those wants rarely get filled. I could do with a mod that makes apartment neighbors stay inside (but not asleep) more so they could be visited more easily.

Mad Poster
#14394 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 6:29 PM
I think Pescado's apthack keeps them from getting trapped, but I dislike apthack for other reasons.

Mad Poster
#14395 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 10:46 PM
Would using one of the teleporters work to pull them out?
Mad Poster
#14396 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 11:02 PM
The teleporter cat wasn't able to see them.

Alchemist
#14397 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 11:04 PM
The teleporter cat wasn't able to see them.

How can you tell they are actually "in there"? I mean, I would have expected the game would reset them when you leave the lot, send them back to their own lives/lots/households, whatever. Like when you leave a community lot. Weird.
Mad Poster
#14398 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 11:06 PM
When it happens, you're unable to call them on the telephone. So they're on the lot, but you can't access them.

Mad Poster
#14399 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 1:45 AM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 16th Jul 2018 at 2:13 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
And yeah, trying to visit a neighbor is a pain. My apartment-dwellers often roll up wants to visit building-mates in their apartments, but it seems that they only go in there to "sleep," when you can't visit them. I mean, there's a tiny window here and there when they're awake but inside, but otherwise they're hanging out outside or they're at work. So, those wants rarely get filled. I could do with a mod that makes apartment neighbors stay inside (but not asleep) more so they could be visited more easily.

Dickhurt's "Wake up apartment neighbors fix" - only for those not using Pescado's apthack (see note below)
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=344268

EDIT TO ADD: Additional note by Dickhurt which for some reason is posted on his page for "Call to meal fixes and place setting fixes" but not "Wake up apartment neighbors fix"
Quote: Originally posted by dickhurt
... But you do not need it if you already use apthack by MATY, which seems to have a similar effect as my fix. The "Apartment Fixes" hack from Simlogical's Inge Jones stills needs my fix though.

Inge made a hack related to that which you might be interested in. (I don't use this one myself) Anybody who doesn't like Pescado's apthack might want to take a look at this one instead. I can't tell whether it addresses the problem of visitors getting stuck in neighbors' apartments.
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...rtmentFixes.htm
Space Pony
#14400 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 2:09 AM
I do use Inges paintings a lot, too may of them, actually. Only some time ago I realised I only should use one or two lol the neighbours were out all the time

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Page 576 of 1339