Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#6426 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 5:43 PM
I de-zombie-fied Quadington University and I really like these sims.

How absurd would it be to add to my EA plus Peni Megahood Emerald Heights plus Quadington sans zombies?

That's probably enough sims a rotation would take a lifetime . . . but Consort versus Caesar would be so interesting!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Advertisement
Theorist
#6427 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 5:13 PM
I call my hood Goodtown. I think I should have called it Crashtown. :-(
Forum Resident
#6428 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Listening to Welcome to Night Vale as I've been driving back and forth across the desert over and over, it occurs to me that there's very little in Night Vale that couldn't be rendered as a TS2 neighborhood... not even a particularly complicated one, at that. It'd have a lot in common with Strangetown, but you'd be able to make a pretty faithful recreation of it.

Yep, very possible. There's even a SC4 terrain...somewhere out there. I downloaded it with the intent to make Night Vale but never got round to it. Ended up deleting the file.
Mad Poster
#6429 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 5:42 PM Last edited by Peni Griffin : 9th Jul 2018 at 2:40 AM.
On the one hand, Sunbee, pretty absurd. On the other hand, it's your game and you can be absurd if you want to.

(Well, crap, the rest of that went into entirely the wrong thread. Sorry; never quite woke up this morning.)

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#6430 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 9:15 PM
I finally got around to (yes, I know, years) reading what the graphics rules thing is all about, and lo and behold my graphics card needed to be added to the file.

So I can have the cool skies! Y'know, my graphics card is my computer's weak spot--I always figured any Sims 2 graphics woes were related to my card being rated a mere 3.2 by Windows 7, not that it was actually missing from the file, because cheapo computer, and the game worked fine as long as I wasn't overly demanding.

So I promptly put too much on the lot. Oops! Take off one layer, and all was well. Not as pretty as the view out my window, but Sims 2 isn't wild land, and my game's all shiny . . . well, actually, not shiny, but pretty. My real world's kind of hazy: some big fires away south sending us smoke.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Top Secret Researcher
#6431 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 11:27 PM
This is so ridiculous! A sim changed clothes 4 TIMES on the way to work. 3 times when going through to different rooms, changing in and out of outerwear, and then a final time into work clothes when she was at the edge of the lot. It's like the game WANTS her to get fired or something since she's missed work several days in a row because it was awfully timed with deaths and birthdays so I forgot. Not easy when there's 13 family members! And now she was close again! It's ridiculous! XD
Mad Poster
#6432 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 11:35 PM
Can't you make her walk to work?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#6433 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
This is so ridiculous! A sim changed clothes 4 TIMES on the way to work. 3 times when going through to different rooms, changing in and out of outerwear, and then a final time into work clothes when she was at the edge of the lot. It's like the game WANTS her to get fired or something since she's missed work several days in a row because it was awfully timed with deaths and birthdays so I forgot. Not easy when there's 13 family members! And now she was close again! It's ridiculous! XD

Have you seen this? It might appeal to you. I've stopped all that changing outerwear at the door business. http://modthesims.info/d/405804
Forum Resident
#6434 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 12:49 AM
I made... a thing. I'm still a bit in shock (and it's still in testing) but I made a thing... a multi-PT mod that swaps out the default polli tech with four of my very own homemade, grass fed, no antibiotics, sea monkey-looking, Silaxis aliens. I gave them all blue skin when I was building them from the original templates in CAS and now I feel like they should be blue... but I love Katu's Gathdra skin which is my usual default... I wonder if I could make it blue...

They look like sea monkeys because the template I used has the most wonderful gigantic bat-ears (Katuchan's elf template) and I morphed their faces into something weird and more alien looking than the typical defaults (I don't just want a pretty kid with black sclera. I. want. an. alien. sod it. ) and surprisingly, even with a tendency for the toddlers to resemble geckos or frogs (cute ones mind) they've come out brilliantly and breed strange looking 'something isn't right here' or downright alien looking children really well - precisely the way I want. I flattened noses all afternoon yesterday and it was worth it.
Instructor
#6435 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 2:02 AM
I think Danielle Greaves is not a victim of Olive Specter. My storyline still needs some honing, though, which I'll develop in the next couple of days.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Lab Assistant
#6436 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 4:57 PM
So my theory of Lyla Grant's death is that she had an illness that couldn't be cured so she fought with Buzz intentionally and left the family because she wouldn't want him and boys to know it. Also in my theory of Olive Spector is that she has a super natural ability to put someone to death not even with a touch. A painless death or a painful death whichever she chooses... So, Lyla made friends with her after she ran away to beg for...I dunno maybe a painless death. Oliver granted her last wish because there was no other choice. Lyla left a letter to Oliver and asked if she could give it to Buzz. Oliver was not really close with Buzz but anyway called him saying she knows Lyra's whereabouts. Buzz comes and accidentally sees Lyla's gravestone only to find out what has happened to his poor Lyla. She chose to be hated than to sadden hardcore military man Buzz and sentimental boys. I know this is a silly and non-sense thought but I always had fun imagining why Lyla would left the family.
Instructor
#6437 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 8:58 AM
I was thinking that in my game I get too many couplets and alien pregnancies - even in test hood I'm using just to play a "simple" Ugly Genes legacy. Maybe I should stop buying the expensive telescope...
Forum Resident
#6438 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 5:31 PM
Sims and how to die book: just die already you old ***

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#6439 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 8:32 PM
For some reason, whenever there's a cat on the same lot as Lilith Pleasant, she's always giving them treats and playing with them.

I made up a little backstory for this where Lilith has always wanted a cat but her parents forbid it for some reason. Allergies or maybe they just didn't want cat fur everywhere.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6440 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
Sims and how to die book: just die already you old ***

I have some like that. Those are ALWAYS the one that find objects to renew their youth

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#6441 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 11:17 PM
Real-life politics impacting the potential for TS2-playing... who'd have thought?

I can't decide if I should buy the two monitors I want now (when they're at what seems to be the 'normal' price) out of concern that Herr Pumpkinfuhrer will end up in a stupid trade war that will make any electronics from overseas way more expensive, or if it's worth waiting a bit in the hopes that they go on sale soon (maybe on Prime Day? Who knows)...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6442 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 11:30 PM
If it's a reasonable price now I would get it now, if it's a bit pricey I would wait.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#6443 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 11:44 PM
I shouldn't look at WCIF threads. I end up downloading heaps.
Mad Poster
#6444 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
If it's a reasonable price now I would get it now, if it's a bit pricey I would wait.

Prime Day is monday... I'm wondering if that might impact prices on other sites and make things a bit cheaper... if not, I'll probably go for it this week.

(And then probably see the price cut almost in half the next week, like happened with my GPU and my cooling system... )

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6445 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 1:24 AM
I had something similar with trying to get a new graphics card and all the mining nonsense going on.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6446 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 3:47 AM
Yeah... I hate big purchases like this specifically because I always feel like I have to be predicting the market, and I'm not an economist!

Also, something that occurred to me that could kind of 'spice up' medieval design... why do people always go for real-world stereotypes in pairing locations and cultures? Why not have a medieval Europe-inspired knights-and-castles medieval setting in a jungle landscape? Or an Edo-period culture transplanted into a desert? It'd take some shifts to make fit together logically, but those changes could actually make for some original storytelling, instead of yet another rehashing of existing history or myth...

Test Subject
#6447 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 4:11 AM
I cant get over the fact that last week my boyfriends little brother was playing the sims (he's 9 and already knows how babies are made) while I was at their house, and he asked me how to have a baby. Panicking and not really knowing what to do, I told him the way. And right when the cut-scene started, his mom walked in x: She had no problem with it as it doesn't really show anything, but I however, am forever scarred and live in shame
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6448 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 5:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Yeah... I hate big purchases like this specifically because I always feel like I have to be predicting the market, and I'm not an economist!

Also, something that occurred to me that could kind of 'spice up' medieval design... why do people always go for real-world stereotypes in pairing locations and cultures? Why not have a medieval Europe-inspired knights-and-castles medieval setting in a jungle landscape? Or an Edo-period culture transplanted into a desert? It'd take some shifts to make fit together logically, but those changes could actually make for some original storytelling, instead of yet another rehashing of existing history or myth...

My guess is because they are downloading and it's easier to find?

Mine is medieval fantasy but I never really thought about it as being any particular country.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#6449 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 9:53 AM
Yes, the avilability of downloads is the most pressing issue when breaking "Medieval Stereotypes". That's not a critique on the content creators, they are awesome but of course most of them will stick with what the largest amount of people might want, where enough references exists to get inpiraation from etc etc etc
Though i wish more Game of Thrones inspired clothing would be available, that show broke quite a few Medieval conventions;Targaryen and Lannister styles have Japanese elements, Tyrell style has Regency Era leanings etc. etc etc.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
#6450 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 12:06 PM
Most of the male styles in sims 2 is already way outdated but the females is actually okay still...

i think this says more about fashion for females vs males to be honest...

I build small houses *^*
Page 258 of 515