Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#7826 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 8:12 PM
I looked at the trailer and I did not understand: is this EP or GP for the game? If it is GP then it may not be bad, but to EP is too little. I do not know what were TS1 Superstar, I did not play.
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#7827 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 8:13 PM
They may have done something I've been wanting in The Sims for a long time - that sims actually recognise the social status of other sims and act accordingly. For instance if I am playing a famous or powerful sim at the top of their career, that other sims are more keen to be friends with them etc. That would alter the game in some depth and would be worthy of EP level.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#7828 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 8:28 PM
I'm still waiting on Sims 4 Supernatural to be a thing. All we have are vampires in a game pack solely for vampires and it never fails to feel like a slap in the face.
Field Researcher
#7829 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elara
I'm still waiting on Sims 4 Supernatural to be a thing. All we have are vampires in a game pack solely for vampires and it never fails to feel like a slap in the face.

One Minute Ninja'd
#7830 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 8:48 PM
I wonder if the Game Changers will be able to meet Baby Ariel at that demo. Given that she's only 17 now, what parent would let their kid go online as Baby Ariel at only 15 years old?

Maybe I'm just showing my age. But I was sorta excited Superorganism's music made it in the trailer. Too bad not the game and all we get instead is a 17 year old kid nobody seems to have ever heard of.

Oh, and it looks like paparazzi are back. Wasn't that like one of the first things that got modded out in TS3 as they were so annoying?
Mad Poster
#7831 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elara

Right!? Just over here patiently waiting for my witches.

The Receptacle still lives!
Field Researcher
#7832 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 9:13 PM
Also another thing that bothers me about this expansion pack; the color they chose for the logo, icon and stuff. They had the perfect opportunity to go with yellow, which goes perfectly with the whole spotlight-superstar thing and also as a nod to TS1: Superstar's yellow-gold-orange logo and box-art. But instead they went with this magenta/raspberry coloration... sigh... (don't get me wrong, I love purples and pinks but this was just a missed opportunity with the yellow)

Also if they had gone with yellow they would have completed their expansion pack rainbow. (well, minus the light blue color as well)

?????????
Scholar
#7833 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 9:17 PM
The icon color is my least worry, the only positive I think of right now is, at least this comes with a New World, but enjoy all that bright ugly clothing and furniture that come with it too
Top Secret Researcher
#7834 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 9:21 PM
I like the stage costumes. I don't suppose there's any chance they'd be available as Spooky Day gear for those with Seasons?
Forum Resident
#7835 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
The icon color is my least worry, the only positive I think of right now is, at least this comes with a New World, but enjoy all that bright ugly clothing and furniture that come with it too

I feel you. I never wanted more costumes in my games and some of the furniture looks too tacky for my taste (I really hate golden furniture). But I am curious about the new world.

Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
I like the stage costumes. I don't suppose there's any chance they'd be available as Spooky Day gear for those with Seasons?

They could be career-locked but we saw so many costumes that I thought a bunch of them would be available for Spooky Day, costume parties etc.
Theorist
#7836 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 9:49 PM
Quote:
@SimGuruKate
Shall we retroactive rename previous packs?
Get to the City
Get Pets
Get Seasonal
Maybe rename The Sims 4 to Get The Sims?

Yes, do that! Make it happen!

https://twitter.com/SimGuruKate/sta...720531153375232
Field Researcher
#7838 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 11:28 PM
I love the sims superstar, it’s a pack I still play from time to time.

Watching this trailer a few times and reading the blog I was initially excited. But now it’s a case of “Proceed with caution”

No cars in the pack. Which is dumb for a celeb pack, fake cars don’t count.
Isn’t the influencer career the free career we are getting patched in?
The influencer career looks very similar to the social media career.

Given that they used game changers sim selves in the trailer (According to the blog) if that’s the level of fame we are going for I will be disappointed.
My biggest concern is that anyone and everyone will be famous. I like the idea of the reputation system if it’s done right and has meaningful consequences but that doesn’t really go hand in hand with the sims 4.
Mad Poster
#7839 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldbear
My biggest concern is that anyone and everyone will be famous. I like the idea of the reputation system if it’s done right and has meaningful consequences but that doesn’t really go hand in hand with the sims 4.

Agreed- I always think that famous have a set of unique problems from the ones that the rest of society face far less often, in the form of unwanted attention (i.e. stalkers, blackmailers), high society mores, and a resultant isolation/detachment from society (i.e. not recognizing the challenges that others on lower social strata face).

It would be interesting if this would be integrated as a game mechanic in which a new bodyguard service sim could be used like a butler to ward off this sort of attention- and provide another money sink for the game as well as a new set of challenges (since the only hard-coded challenges your sims face is money and death). Incidentally, it would be a good opportunity to reintroduce the criminal sim at this point of time, and perhaps make their crimes more varied.

But of course, it is the Sims 4, and these challenges would be triggering to some- so I doubt we'd ever see stuff like this.
Field Researcher
#7840 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Agreed- I always think that famous have a set of unique problems from the ones that the rest of society face far less often, in the form of unwanted attention (i.e. stalkers, blackmailers), high society mores, and a resultant isolation/detachment from society (i.e. not recognizing the challenges that others on lower social strata face).

It would be interesting if this would be integrated as a game mechanic in which a new bodyguard service sim could be used like a butler to ward off this sort of attention- and provide another money sink for the game. Incidentally, it would be a good opportunity to reintroduce the criminal sim at this point of time, and perhaps make their crimes more varied.

But of course, it is the Sims 4, and these challenges would be triggering to some- so I doubt we'd see stuff like this ever.

Well the sims superstar had the obsessed fan and the sims 3 had the paparazzi. I think if something like that comes back it will just be a sim standing in your yard wanting to discuss their fear of vampires all day long. I doubt it would be the same.

I have no clue who Baby Ariel is but I finally feel too old to play the sims 4.
Field Researcher
#7841 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 12:07 AM
Meh is all I can say for this trailer. Superstars was the pack I expected the least. I thought they would go for a witches/magic gamepack or university expansion, but it seems they are again laser focused on that hip trendy social media wave.
Why does everything has to be cool all the time?

I guess more than ever I have the feeling I'm not the audience for this game anymore. I want more things to do for each lifestyle and not just young adult. And normal careers.
I'll wait what this pack has to offer besides 1 active career and fame for everybody (hopefully not in plague mode like in sims 3).
Field Researcher
#7842 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 12:13 AM
The sims 4 has always cashed in on what’s trendy or cool. It’s like a Dad dancing at a wedding thinking he’s cool and hip.

Hence why we have a influencer career which I bet will be similar to the social media career and game changers sim selves in the trailer.
Mad Poster
#7843 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 12:29 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 10th Oct 2018 at 3:26 AM.
The sims 4 has always cashed in on what’s trendy or cool. It’s like a Dad dancing at a wedding thinking he’s cool and hip.

Hence why we have a influencer career which I bet will be similar to the social media career and game changers sim selves in the trailer.

This when?

Also, knowing that those sims in the trailer are modeled after Game Changers makes the whole thing a bit more bleh, kind of like how the Sims 4 CAS demo was handed off first to those sorts of people (and the pretty ones on twitter).
Instructor
#7844 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 2:21 AM Last edited by Mspigglypooh : 10th Oct 2018 at 2:32 AM.
I'm also curious to what bugs will come and stick around like all the others that came when we got new packs and are still a problem 🤔

If they arent doing a HUGE patch update for bugs before it's released... I think I'm definitely going to pass. I don't see how this will work with the current bugs that are in the game. Like I said before I like the idea of some things it's just can they pull this off successfully or will there be a lot of "BUTS" they come as a catch with this EP. I also agree with what someone said earlier. It looks more like an GP than a EP. 🤷

Well the sims superstar had the obsessed fan and the sims 3 had the paparazzi. I think if something like that comes back it will just be a sim standing in your yard wanting to discuss their fear of vampires all day long. I doubt it would be the same.

I have no clue who Baby Ariel is but I finally feel too old to play the sims 4.

Ahh there's also this lol I used to have a strong distaste for the paparazzi in the sims 3.

And I dont know who Baby Ariel is either lol but they promote her like she's super well known. I too feel like this game is not for my old ass anymore. I never understood the whole social media career and now this influencer career... But they're try to stay trendy Soo yay for progression right?! 😑 * Makes old lady grumbles at Ea*
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7845 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 2:30 AM
I feel like influencers will just sit on the computer all day and have barebones interactions.

Honestly, will we ever have a serious modeling career back? It seems so easy to do - Catwalks and picture taking in really high fashion (or not) outfits.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Top Secret Researcher
#7846 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 3:11 AM
I'm cautiously looking forward to it. Not what I was expecting was next but sure I'll take it if fame doesn't act like a infectious disease.

But yea the trailer seems very empty. Acting career woo, then what?

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7847 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 3:37 AM
For some players, the single acting career is more than enough to justify the price. Who needs standards, right?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#7848 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 4:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
I feel you. I never wanted more costumes in my games and some of the furniture looks too tacky for my taste (I really hate golden furniture). But I am curious about the new world.

They could be career-locked but we saw so many costumes that I thought a bunch of them would be available for Spooky Day, costume parties etc.

I was thinking the same about the golden furniture,but there will be more colour-options I'm sure.

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Instructor
#7849 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sayyadina
I was thinking the same about the golden furniture,but there will be more colour-options I'm sure.

I don't mean to be a Debbie downer lol but the golden furniture kind of looks similar to the vintage glamour furniture just a slight change in appearance, even the drapes look very similar. I did a slow down of the video on Youtube and this was apart of some of the things I noticed. I'm curious to see what other objects they add to this pack. I hope they prove me wrong though haha...

ETA: I really hope they do some sort of lock to the costumes... I mean seeing townies walk around in what they already do is quite.... interesting if I'm going to put it nicely. I don't know how to feel about them walking around in stage make-up and costumes and they aren't in the acting career.
Lab Assistant
#7850 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 4:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
https://twitter.com/SimGuruKate/sta...729407370199040

I was just going to come here and say that I hope this was the case! Hopefully that extends to Teen Sims as well. I don't see why it wouldn't.
Locked thread
Page 314 of 447