Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#11126 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 11:21 PM
I discovered that a mother can "imply mother is a llama" to her daughter...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#11127 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 11:44 PM
Basically calling herself a Llama...

Apparently a Sim who is in the middle of the transformation to a vampire can't travel. (I have Traveler, so I'm not sure if its a EA thing or a Traveler thing.)

I have a household with a vampire and a human. The human had a want to become a vampire, so the vampire bit her and she is currently in the several day long process of turning into a vampire. The vampire had a want to go to Egypt, but there was a message that the human couldn't go because of her "unusual blemish."

The vampire was able to go by herself, and apparently the human won't be able to go until she's fully transformed.
Mad Poster
#11128 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 12:19 AM Last edited by igazor : 3rd Jun 2018 at 12:43 AM.
Not positive, but am pretty sure the block on sims traveling who are in the middle of a transformation is coming from the game itself. It's similar to the block on pregnant sims traveling, except that Traveler allows us to override that one using its Allowable Traveler settings. As a test, off to the side and not to be saved, you could try again with the Traveler mod removed but I expect the same thing will happen.

Either way though, the block is probably there because a sim undergoing a transformation may not be able to have all of their required data make it intact through any kind of travel transition.
Lab Assistant
#11129 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 3:23 AM
Today i discovered that Unstable is an awesome trait!
Mad Poster
#11130 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 9:56 AM Last edited by igazor : 4th Jun 2018 at 1:47 AM.
Vacationing in Dragon Valley and today I discovered, to borrow a phrase from a Looney Tunes character, "Dragons is sooo stoopid!"

My sims don't really know anyone in town yet (except a kissing booth attendant, see a prior post but that's a different story) and one of them decided to mess around with a couple of dragon eggs. Was aiming for one red and one black, but must have made a mistake because I got one red and one purple instead. I'd never played with a purple dragon before so after everyone else went to bed decided to have my lonely sim give the Summon a New Sim thing a whirl. Four times, the poor baby dragon was exhausted after that especially since the fourth time took many tries where the action kept dropping from the queue.

The first two were older, married, and the "wrong" gender. Now I know this isn't a dating service, it's supposed to be to make new friends and these sims did become instant best friends, but c'mon dragon kiddo work with me here.

The third one was the "correct" gender and according to MC even the "correct" orientation. Success? Not so much, they were also exhausted and a paparazzi. All they did was yawn in my sim's face and then run out the door to follow a celebrity across town.

The fourth one was again the "correct" gender but married, most definitely the wrong orientation, and had three very negative traits -- Grumpy, Mean Spirited, and No Sense of Humor. I gave up and they had a nice friendly chat and a game of chess in spite of all the grumpiness and instead of what my sim really had in mind.

Is that how all this is supposed to work?
Top Secret Researcher
#11131 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by magicslippers
Today i discovered that Unstable is an awesome trait!

How so? I had an unstable sim and it warned me that he faced serious consequences ... I forget over what... but I've never played unstable since.
Is there an advantage I've missed?

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#11132 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 8:39 PM
Apparently its a good thing I put up a wall around my vampire lesbian couple's pool. They both have a tendency to swim naked. I can't imagine the tabloids if the stupid paparazzi had managed to take pictures of both of them swimming naked, if they are willing to disgrace one for woohooing with her vampire wife.

The part I "discovered" is that now Sims can swim naked. I never seen them do that before I bought Late Night.
Site Helper
#11133 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Vacationing in Dragon Valley and today I discovered, to paraphrase a Looney Tunes character, "Dragons is sooo stoopid!"

My sims don't really know anyone in town yet (except a kissing booth attendant, see a prior post but that's a different story) and one of them decided to mess around with a couple of dragon eggs. Was aiming for one red and one black, but must have made a mistake because I got one red and one purple instead. I'd never played with a purple dragon before so after everyone else went to bed decided to have my lonely sim give the Summon a New Sim thing a whirl. Four times, the poor baby dragon was exhausted after that especially since the fourth time took many tries where the action kept dropping from the queue.

The first two were older, married, and the "wrong" gender. Now I know this isn't a dating service, it's supposed to be to make new friends and these sims did become instant best friends, but c'mon dragon kiddo and work with me here.

The third one was the "correct" gender and according to MC even the "correct" orientation. Success? Not so much, they were also exhausted and a paparazzi. All they did was yawn in my sim's face and then run out the door to follow a celebrity across town.

The fourth one was again the "correct" gender but married, most definitely the wrong orientation, and had three very negative traits -- Grumpy, Mean Spirited, and No Sense of Humor. I gave up and they had a nice friendly chat and a game of chess in spite of all the grumpiness and instead of what my sim really had in mind.

Is that how all this is supposed to work?

Yes
If you build a community lot with 8 inventor benches, a pagoda with 8 barbecue grills, and a nice sitting room with a fireplace that has fireplace tools in the logical spot to put them and some vases of flowers on the mantlepiece, you can also get the dragon summoning sims who are on fire... (Granted, she had a lot of those to choose from. But I was worried that she was the one setting them on fire until I realized my mistake.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#11134 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
How so? I had an unstable sim and it warned me that he faced serious consequences ... I forget over what... but I've never played unstable since.

It changes traits (except of it's own) overtime.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#11135 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 11:35 PM
That I actually really like the Lucky Palms world? I'd never played in it and yesterday I started up a new save in it. I kinda love the little details they worked in, like the desert plants, terrain painting, and the way everybody's got a pool in the backyard, and just... it feels hot. I can't explain it but I load up the save and I could swear it's 95 degrees out and I'm in Vegas or Phoenix or something.
Test Subject
#11136 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 7:47 PM
Today I learned that the Gem Cutter from Supernatural, even when placed in the faaaar corner of my lot, will wake up the whole house!
Lab Assistant
#11137 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 4:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown

If your sim wakes up in a "bad" mood (doesn't have to be too bad) they will get a moodlet saying that they feel "out of sorts", if you let the moodlet go away on it's own (you can cure it by going to a hospital or hyperventilating in a bag lol) they'll get another moodlet and the sim's trait(s) will change. After the change you have X amount of time to "cure" the sim in a hospital or the traits become permanent (until they'll get the moodlet again).

Most of the time only one trait changes but i've also had 4 traits change at once! I do have an extra trait slot from the uh... Nerd stuff that came with UNI so i get quite interesting combos.
Mad Poster
#11138 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 7:41 AM
Brrrr Sims will skinny dip when its below freezing out. Its the beginning of winter and 23 degrees Fahrenheit out and my Sim is skinny dipping. Hopefully she doesn't get frostbite on her bits
Scholar
#11139 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 1:32 PM Last edited by Elynda : 6th Jun 2018 at 2:31 PM.
This is sort of embarrassing to admit, it having taken me so long, but I finally, yes FINALLY, worked out where I was going wrong adding music to the Custom Music channel. I faithfully followed the tutorials - it all seemed pretty straight forward and simple - but why wasn't it working? I knew that the files had to be MP3s and that was what I thought I was putting in there. And they WERE MP3s when I downloaded them, but somehow they are now wma files. How?! Well, I just had it explained to me that that's what Windows Media Player will do - if you don't tell it not to. Well, I'll look into how to fix that later. In the meantime I've re-downloaded my tracks and they are finally in the game and safe from WMP's evil clutches.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Field Researcher
#11140 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 7:51 PM
I noticed two things today. There are peeping Tom zombies... they would stare into my Sims house and she would come running and shoo them. She's also a martial artist with two in that so I was kinda hoping she would beat them up. But alas she didn't. (Also... zombies on your lot is considered part of your household... noticed that when one of those zombies died.) The second part I noticed in that for some reason Sims will autonomously try to play in the sea while in China... and then complain cos they can't route to said water... stupid sims.
Forum Resident
#11141 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 8:28 PM
I used to think that Sunset Valley had some fairly ugly sims. I've been doing a lot of makeovers recently and it's astonishing how badly EA mucked up their appearances. But what I've learned is, it's mostly horrid clothing and makeup choices (especially the makeup, whoever created them had no idea what they were doing.) Their facial structures, with some tweaking, aren't really all that bad. Some of them are even much better than sims in the later releases.

With male sims, Marty Keaton is one of the better ones by default, Christopher Steel and Stiles McGraw need some tweaks to the face and outfit changes, but otherwise aren't too bad. The maid, Grady Elfman, only gave him a different hairstyle and outfit and made his face a little less wide. Female sims, definitely Morgana Wolff. Madison VanWatson really surprised me though. I used to think she was a little on the plump side by default, but it's really just her outfit mostly. Change her hair to a nicer shade of blonde and a different outfit, and it's like a completely different sim. It's crazy how much difference a simple makeover can make.

The only ones that are beyond repair as far as simple tweaking are those poor Bunches. I always have to edit them and at least make them appealingly odd if not conventionally attractive. Their default faces are so disproportionate, I can't stand it. Well, Ethan and Arlo at least.
Instructor
#11142 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
I used to think that Sunset Valley had some fairly ugly sims. I've been doing a lot of makeovers recently and it's astonishing how badly EA mucked up their appearances. But what I've learned is, it's mostly horrid clothing and makeup choices (especially the makeup, whoever created them had no idea what they were doing.) Their facial structures, with some tweaking, aren't really all that bad. Some of them are even much better than sims in the later releases.

With male sims, Marty Keaton is one of the better ones by default, Christopher Steel and Stiles McGraw need some tweaks to the face and outfit changes, but otherwise aren't too bad. The maid, Grady Elfman, only gave him a different hairstyle and outfit and made his face a little less wide. Female sims, definitely Morgana Wolff. Madison VanWatson really surprised me though. I used to think she was a little on the plump side by default, but it's really just her outfit mostly. Change her hair to a nicer shade of blonde and a different outfit, and it's like a completely different sim. It's crazy how much difference a simple makeover can make.

The first thing I do in any save with EA premades is let NRaas Dresser remove all the makeup. I have no idea what EA was thinking with their makeup choices for premades but it's literally always hideous. The colors are always wrong and usually they're way too dark as well. Ugh.
Field Researcher
#11143 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 8:47 PM
While in China this creep walked in into the room my Sim was sleeping in and took a picture. Seriously?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11144 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
While in China this creep walked in into the room my Sim was sleeping in and took a picture. Seriously?

He didn't resemble my avatar sim at all, did he?
Mad Poster
#11145 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 12:22 AM
I found out just how damn static the in-game camera is. When you set two waypoints in cameraman mode and jump between them, the game takes such a mathemathically perfect path that it's painfully boring.
Now I didn't discover this today, but I'm officially done with that as of today.

Next time I need an aerial shot for a vidoe, I'll set it up so that I can map some camera shake onto it in post. You just take some live-action footage, taken from a helicopter, and you run it through a program that maps the camera shake from the live-action footage onto the in-game footage. Looks great.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#11146 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90

It comes with being a celebrity. I had somebody wander into a bathroom in Champs les Sims the other day and photograph my sim whilst she was sitting on the toilet. I find this mod http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1026/ invaluable when sending celeb sims abroad. It enables me to lock the doors of their rooms at the base camps. Unfortunately, on this occasion, I'd forgotten to do the same with the bathroom door!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Mad Poster
#11147 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 3:40 PM
Turns out, Sims actually aren't half bad at fraternizing, at grouping together. Put 20 Sims in a large, closed environment and they'll start forming cliques within hours. When they don't know each other they're impossible to work with, but after a while they warm up to each other and start behaving more properly.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
#11148 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 4:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
He didn't resemble my avatar sim at all, did he?

I don't think so?
Field Researcher
#11149 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
It comes with being a celebrity. I had somebody wander into a bathroom in Champs les Sims the other day and photograph my sim whilst she was sitting on the toilet. I find this mod http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1026/ invaluable when sending celeb sims abroad. It enables me to lock the doors of their rooms at the base camps. Unfortunately, on this occasion, I'd forgotten to do the same with the bathroom door!

Thing is that she wasn't a celebrity sim... Possibly her room mate was tho.
Forum Resident
#11150 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Turns out, Sims actually aren't half bad at fraternizing, at grouping together. Put 20 Sims in a large, closed environment and they'll start forming cliques within hours. When they don't know each other they're impossible to work with, but after a while they warm up to each other and start behaving more properly.

Same. I've been throwing several parties recently and this really surprised me. My favorite is a feast party because everyone actually brings decent food, so I'm stocked for several weeks if I store them.

I had no idea that weather patterns could last so long in game. Typically, I've had it rain an entire day or something like that at the most. In my game it's currently winter and it has snowed everyday from dawn til dusk for the past five days. Well, at least I like snow.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Page 446 of 490