Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#151 Old 15th Mar 2007 at 8:16 PM
just a quick question regarding automatic decetion of EPs required for lots...you say that when uploading a lot the system will determine which EPs are required based on what you have checked in your profile... i have two seperate PCs that have two different versions of the game (one with the EPs, one with only the base game) and i upload lots from both setups....is this going to cause issue for me when i upload a base game only lot? is there an option to remove "EP required" from the upload if it doesn't require them? thanks in advance and thanks for all the wonderful changes being implemented!

My policy is: If you have any complaints about anything at all...I hate you.
Advertisement
Instructor
#152 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 11:21 PM
I don't know if someone's already don't you this (there are so many posts here that I don't have patience to read them all, sorry) but the new technology for the thanks button is freakish. For instance: Someone had around 25 thanks. Then I pressed thanks button. Now they have 13 thanks. I leave the page and then come back seconds later, and they have 17 thanks... This is creepy.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#153 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 1:40 AM
The thanking prob *seems* to be cosmetical to me (still confusing though) -- just tried with this thread: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=224203

* 94 thanks upon load
* after i thanked, thanks count went down to 9
* refreshing the page displays 96 thanks (somebody else thanked as well, i guess?)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Instructor
#154 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 4:10 AM
Okay, testing this on a thread with no comments and one thank before I thanked, with not the most popular sort of content on it (so unlikely to get thanked again within a few seconds).
My connection is a being bit slow, but this download seemed to be fairly unpopular (it's actually a very lovely house, but it has alot of custom content, so yeah =/), so it should be a good test still...

Okay. It said one thank. I thanked it, and after it finished processing, it said there was only one thank still. I refreshed again, and it said two thanks. Hmm.
Test Subject
#155 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 4:15 AM
Omg this is totally cool OMG
Test Subject
#156 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 8:04 AM
Thank you Delphy. Great FlowChart, haven't seen one of those since Visual Basics in College.
Forum Resident
#157 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 1:59 PM Last edited by Ciane : 17th Mar 2007 at 2:02 PM. Reason: typos and grammar
Jazcmx - Just put something in the first box, then check the "I made this" block to avoid filling out the next two boxes. You can copy what you wrote in the first box to all the other first boxes (if you have more than one item).
I know you used to be able to choose "Maxis recolor" before the custom content option; now you say recolor on the next page. By the time the thread is approved, it won't say "custom content created by..."
Test Subject
#158 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 2:27 PM
thank you
Forum Resident
#159 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 9:50 PM
Thanks for the drink jazcmx. It took me awhile figure it out as well.
Lab Assistant
#160 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 7:05 PM
This system works so nicely! Thanks!
Mad Poster
#161 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 7:56 AM
is it alright to have an option to skip the Custom Content page when in Main Text all those custom contents are mentioned?

It's really frustrating copy every info and creator names for every small piece while most or all of them are by the same person... back and forth forever in a large collection of files.

Now, I understand why some creators would like to package dissectable files into one whole big package!

Probably, making it a as a group or category for a particular maker(s).
Say:
1. a check box to list the maker(s) for a group of cc
2. some check links for a group of cc
3. "select all" and "select none" options or even "select the 1st half" and "select none for the 1st half"/"select the 2nd half"... for the "I'm the creator" and probably various options...
4a. range-based check option (just like how we select things with the shift key): since some creators do work hard to name their files systematically, there can be consecutive files listed alphabetically. By activating a check box for such option, one can select an ini check box and then the final check box of that series of cc. That will automatically check all the boxes in-between. Surely, late minor revision is allowed...

4b. or, a group/category check box with "select all" and "select none".

I know it's gonna be some more works...

But, I tend to believe that may ease the process quite a bit.

For the "Main Text": there can be a engine-based auto-search or auto-query system to check for the section title "Custom Contents" and its recommended formats to ease the cc infos input.

Lol, just a prompt feedback after checking 50-something similar items by the same maker... for an upload...

Sorry, if this sounds a rant.. I apologise for that... But if you find a bit of it useful, go ahead... If not, ignore it... I'm done with my impulsive "brainstorm".

After all, thank you so much for all the hard and beautiful works and share them with all includng me...
Test Subject
#162 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 9:10 AM
I have no clue how many polygons my mesh has, and I can't upload my item because of that, WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO NOW!?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#163 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 9:39 AM
Musicman, you made the mesh. Try looking in SimPE in the plugin view at your gmdc. And if it's more than 800 per tile, you better go back and learn a lot more about meshing.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Forum Resident
#164 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 9:17 PM
Woah that is amazing!! Good job!! Keep up the good work!

Sims Utopia...where your sims dreams become reality!

Click above to check out my site for more updates :)

New Roleplay site Sims Utopia the town that never dies..
Lab Assistant
#165 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 7:31 PM
im pretty sure i already posted this question, but maybe it got deleted, did you also get rid of the chatting button? it's not there anymore. please respond this time. I really need help, but i cannot chat.
Alchemist
#166 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 6:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marshmallowygoodness
im pretty sure i already posted this question, but maybe it got deleted, did you also get rid of the chatting button? it's not there anymore. please respond this time. I really need help, but i cannot chat.

Check this link for post #62 and #63.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...212#post1606212

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Lab Assistant
#167 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 9:16 AM
Thank you for giving us all your good work.
Test Subject
#168 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 12:33 AM
Great! thanks
Page 7 of 7