Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2019 at 4:11 AM
Default Elder female shape
The ultimate sagginess of elder females bugs me. I have a default replacement for the nude/underwear/swimwear meshes, but then there are all the clothed meshes and custom meshes that have used the same meshes as a base.

I don't want my elders to have the same shape as adults, but the look that says I don't know how to use a bra annoys me.

So, how do you deal with the 'my breasts are hitting my belt' look?

Doesn't bother you?
Default replaced everything?
Use the adult body for elders?
Other?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th May 2019 at 4:31 AM
I use the adult body shape clothes for young elders and the saggy one for older elders. A few clothes have an altered elder body shape but they are few are far between. I also use the adult walk for elders mod so simply standing up straighter helps.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th May 2019 at 9:28 AM
It does not bother me too much - although I have, at least once, threw out some elder cc outfits that I found extremely unflattering on my sims.

I really focus on playing - I am just more interested in how my sims behave and what they are doing than in how they look.
Alchemist
#4 Old 6th May 2019 at 9:02 PM
have not noticed the sagginess. though there have been few elder females in my game.
Theorist
#5 Old 6th May 2019 at 10:45 PM
When a person gets older gravity does start winning out but we don't all start walking all hunched over and stuff, and some even still manage nice supportive undies. One of the problems TS2 has always had is with posture. Lazy Sims slouch. Teens walk weirdly. Elders are all stooped over. It can really be annoying. Some adult meshes make reasonable clothes for the older Sims as well and sometimes I use them.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 6th May 2019 at 10:52 PM
You can mod out the slouch in both elders and lazy sims. I have no slouching in game. I think I may also have the YA (not teen) walk modded out too.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 6th May 2019 at 11:35 PM
mods anyone? To stop the slouch and back grabbing? To default? all the clothes to stop looking braless?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 6th May 2019 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
mods anyone? To stop the slouch and back grabbing? To default? all the clothes to stop looking braless?

Elder walk/no slouch mods. I don't believe these are available any longer so I uploaded them. https://simfileshare.net/download/1044544/
They still grab their back, that is not a part of the slouch or walk.

Clothes are right here http://modthesims.info/d/288078/all...ers-ts2-al.html

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th May 2019 at 8:11 AM
I don't suppose that anyone knows of a tutorial to lift the breasts on the mesh? I find it hard to do without making the chest humpy.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 7th May 2019 at 4:09 PM Last edited by gazania : 25th Jun 2019 at 10:02 PM.
I continue to use the adult stage for a long while, but use a whole lot of different aging masks. Aging off. There are aging masks here, but there are also some on other sites as well. Chigasi's are the ones I tend to favor. Many older adults are much more aware of diet, fashion and exercise today, and many do not slouch. Eventually, I might let them age into elders and turn aging back on for a time ... think around human age 75 or so! . I use the no slouch mod for elders.

I hate killing Sims, though, so my elders lead a very, very long life.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Theorist
#11 Old 7th May 2019 at 7:03 PM
I think they overdid it a little bit because they wanted to make sure that the various life stages look very different from one another. After all before Sims 2 there were no true elderly Sims in the series.

I've modded the lenght of the Adult and Elder stages in a way that Elderhood only represents the very, very advanced years in a person's life so that the look of the basegame elders is actually somewhat appropriate.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.