Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 1:33 AM
Default Help me get my brains off ice
Hello everyone, I am very confused I downloaded a default clothes rack with clothes recolors added, within the package file in a yellow folder was two items Documents and Program Files along with a Txt as to where to place the CEP Extra.
I have "never" place a CEP Extra in these two locations such as In the Documents C:/ Users / ( your computer name Here ) \ Documents \ EA Games \ the Sims 2 \ zCeP- Extra
The next one C:\ Program Files ( x86 ) \ EA Games \ the Sims 2 \ TSData \ Res \ Catalog \ zCEP- EXtra

Beside that it DO NOT say if it goes into your Last installed EPs it just say The Sims 2
Which one ? I do have other Z-CEP by other creatosr but never have they ever said to place the CEP in those location.
This is new to me with these two location places and I am not sure if it goes into the Sims 2 ( Base original ) or into your last Installed EPs that why I am confused . Your help I thank you

Here the link https://withlovefromsimtown.tumblr....wnload-clothing

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 2:02 AM
I am pretty sure it goes in Base game. If you really want to be sure, then go to your Program files/EA GAMES folder and then type CEP-EXTRA in your search bar...see where they are all located. They should be all in one folder, in the Base or EP they belong to.
Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Alchemist
#3 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 2:35 AM
Mine are here:
Programs CEP-Extra
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog\zCEP-EXTRA"

Documents_CEP_Extras
"C:\Users\Dee\Documents\EA Games\The Simsâ„¢ 2 Ultimate Collection\zCEP-EXTRA"

CEPSims3D
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Sims3D"
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 3:19 AM
@Rosebine Thanks for your help as always, I have Window 7 ( 64 bit ) My CEP- Extra are located in the Sims 2 folder just below my the thumbnails ( 18 items ) and below that is my regular Accessory. cache and Content Registry.
Also in another area C: \ program (x86 ) \ EA GAMES \ The Sims 2 \ RES \ Catalog

There is a zCEP folder there inside is 7 ( items ) of zCEP it is the exact same zCep that are found in the first area I mention in this post, Accept they have less KB amount but the first place have more KB added.
This is how my computer place them why I don't know but it work. The creator of this have a Document file with instruction as to how to place for me her follow trail do not work for me.

This is such a headache I may pass on this default Clothing Rack.

@Sunrader I don't have Origin just the regular Sims 2 CD I have install on my computer.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#5 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 3:22 AM
You are almost there see. Yes, the one named program files goes with all the other(bigger in size) in Base game. And the other smaller file goes in your Documents, along with all the smaller size ones. This is often how it works. The smaller ones only contains MMAT files, and the bigger in size might contains meshes, shapes and etc.
Don't give up on it.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 12:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
Rosebine Thanks for your help as always, I have Window 7 ( 64 bit ) My CEP- Extra are located in the Sims 2 folder just below my the thumbnails ( 18 items ) and below that is my regular Accessory. cache and Content Registry.
@Simonut - This is your "My Documents" folder. Just put the clothing rack files from her "Documents" folder in here.

Also in another area C: \ program (x86 ) \ EA GAMES \ The Sims 2 \ RES \ Catalog
This is where you put the files from her "ProgramFiles" folder.

This is such a headache I may pass on this default Clothing Rack.
Don't give up! You're almost there!